Thread: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

1. Question How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

Good morning!!!
    I created this really great chocolate dip for strawberries or other fruit! I know it is ABOUT 2 points for the dip per serving....and then add on the point or so for the fruit...I am pretty new to this, so can any veterans tell me EXACTLY how many points it actually works out to per serving for the Flex plan. Thanks so much, and if you try this out...you won't be sorry!
    LIZ's CHOCOLATE FRUIT DIP

1 box (1.4 oz) of ff/sf instant choc. pudding
    1/4 of a box(bar) of ff cream cheese
    1 cup ff ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a packet of splenda( or sweeten a bit with vanilla sf syrup)

Dump it all in a bowl and mix with the handheld mixer until smooth and thick. I chill it for a bit and dip strawberries in it, but I am sure bananas would be good as well! THIS SERVES about 4-people for a good snack. I usually eat 1/4 of the bowl!! My kids eat the rest!
    Note:MY pudding mix is 35 calories/0 fat and fiber per serving(just mix, no milk)...serves 4. The cream cheese well I thew out the box so dont know the calories but it's ff and no fiber. The ricotta is 60 calories per 1/4 cup, no fat or fiber. The milk is 45 calories for the 1/2 cup that I add for the whole recipe.

I know I gave a ton of info...but I just am not sure how to go about figuring it out, and I'd like to know for sure, since I like it so much!!
    Thanks again!
    LIZ

2. Default Re: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

No one knows??

Replies

Default Re: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

I need to know the nutriental values on the cream chees, rocotta and pudding and I will run it threw mastercook for you.

4. Default Re: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

OK thanks so much!! What is Master Cook?? If you figure this one out for me..that's great, but if you tell me how to do it for next time that would be even better!

Nutrition and Calories in Fat Free Cream Cheese

Water content (grams per 100g) 75.53
    Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 90
    Protein content (grams per 100g) 14.41
    Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 1.36
    Ash content (grams per 100g) 2.57
    Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 5.8
    Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) 0
    Sugar content (grams per 100g) 0.4

Pudding
    35 calories
    0 fat/0 sat fat
    no cholesterol
    500mg sodium
    8g carbos
    0 fiber
    0 sugars
    0 protien

Ricotta cheese
    60 calories 1/4 cup
    0 fats
    < 5 mg cholesterol
    60 mg sodium
    4 g carbos
    0 fiber
    3 g sugars
    8 g protien

I can point this out for you using a slider (and you'll know how to do it in the future if you don't have access to Master cook) but I need to know how much of a size/weight of the ff cream cheese box is. You listed nutritional information for 3.5 oz which I'm assuming is one serving- how many servings are in the box? Your recipe says you used 1/4 c - do you know how many ounces that would be if you weighed it or how many 1/4 cups are in a box of cream cheese?
    Deb
    Last edited by Deb1741; 10-18-2005 at 08:27 PM.

6. Default Re: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

Jeez..sorry so confusing...i must have reported on the wrong box of cream cheese. i used 1/4 of the package wich would be 2 oz because the entire box is 8oz. The serving size for the recipe is 1/4 of it...it serves about four. Thanks!!

LIZ

Whenever I have a recipe that I want to figure out what the total points are I do this:

1. 1 box (1.4 oz) of ff/sf instant choc. pudding (35 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber in each serving) There are 4 servings in a box so multiply calories, fat, fiber by 4 which comes out to 140 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber----on slider= 3 points

2. 1/4 of a box(bar) of ff cream cheese (8 oz in a box- 2 oz in a serving- 90 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber per serving) You are only using 1 serving so put 90 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber in your slider = 2 points

3. 1 cup ff ricotta cheese (60 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber per 1/4 c serving)
    You will be using 4 servings so multiply calories, fat, fiber by 4 which comes out to 240 calories, 0 gr fat, 0 gr fiber----on slider = 5 points

4. 1/2 cup skim milk 1 point for 1/2 cup

5. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and a packet of splenda( or sweeten a bit with vanilla sf syrup) 0 points

Now add up the points= 11 points and divide by the number of servings you want the recipe to be. In your case you said you eat 1/4 of it. 11 divided by 4 =2.75 which would round up to 3 points.
    Figuring out points for a recipe this way is pretty accurate. However, you do have to watch the fiber cap. For example, say a serving has 40 calories, 2 gr fat, 3 gr fiber and you use 4 servings in your recipe. You multiply the calories, fat, fiber by 4 to get 160 calories, 8 gr fat, 4 gr fiber cap. On the slider that is 3 points.

Hope this helps you, especially if you don't have access to a mastercook. A few days back, a lady ran a recipe through mastercook and I pointed it this way. We got the same final points. The more you practice doing recipes this way the easier it becomes.

8. Default Re: How many points would this be/chocolate fruit dip

Thanks so much! I must get one of those sliders! ...and find out how you "gain access" to mastercook....Glad to know I was not too far off with points..We really like this recipe at my house .

LIZ