Thread: Help?

Grami Guest

Question Help?

Okay here goes.... I'm trying to add a new Ingredient to the list, my guestion
    is .............Is there a place to put how many servings per container?
    I'm trying to add Pillsbury Chcoclate Chip Cookies in the roll..The Recipies is this
    1 package Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough or any cookie dough rolled
    36 Hershey kisses

This makes 36 cookies the package makes 18...
    Calories 130
    Total Fat 3g
    Tans Fat 1.5g
    Saturated Fat 2g
    Cholesterol 5mg
    Dietary Fiber less then 1g
    Sugars 10g
    Protein 1g

This is for a Cookies and the package makes 18
    BUt the recipe makes 36 Please someone helo me the dummy!! Thanks so much, Grami

Default Re: Help?

Currently, there's not a place to put package size in the listing of an ingredient, so you could do this:

Enter in the whole package size in the recipe's ingredients. If it is a 10 ounce package/can, you could enter the ingredient amount as

Amount Unit Ingredient
    1 10 ounce can Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough
    36 each Chocolate kisses

While the can may be more or less than 10 ounces(I was guessing), it is the cumulative of all the servings in the can and MC will configure the recipe like so. Make sure when you add this to the Ingredient List, you add both the weight of the individual serving and the volume(if indicated). From there, MC will configure the ingredients for nutrition-per-serving.

Grami Guest

Question Re: Help?

I have entered everything.. and when I check it tells me it has encounter unknown ingredients or unknow embedded recipe? Grami

Grami, what does the package say for serving size above where it says Calories 130 etc? Does it say 1 oz?

I think you might be getting the serving size on the package confused with the yield of the recipe. It looks like if you just made the cookies from the package according to directions the cookies would be 1oz per cookie. The recipe is going to make 36 half ounce cookies with a chocolate kiss on top.

What I would do is enter the serving size as 1 ounce in the ingredient list as both the serving size and the is equal to Weight boxes. Then in the recipe put 18oz of cookie dough. Is that clear? or did I confuse things more?
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

I put it into MasterCook using the nutritional info for the Pillsbury Cookies: Ready To Bake, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip I got at calorieking.com. They didn't have the regular plain cookie info. I looked at pillsbury.com and saw the tubes are 18oz.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Quick Peanut Blossoms

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 36 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    18 ounces Pillsbury Cookies: Ready To Bake, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
    36 Hershey kisses

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 91 Calories; 5g Fat (45.3% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 52mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

They would be 2 points each.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Grami Guest

First of all I want to say Thank You!!
    I must be really DUMB...or my program is
    not working right? I want to your link to
    CalorieKing and put those cookies in my Ingred. list,
    and changed my recipe to say they were Oatmeal...
    I put 1 oz. sering etc...added all the stull on
    the label.... and still it says unknow embedded recipe
    or not in the ingreds. list.. I click save and its there?
    Please tell me I'm not DUMB....!!!
    THanks, Grami