Thread: Starbucks

Aimee001 Guest

Default Starbucks

I have found something that works awesome at helping to control hunger.

Every morning I have a glass of milk with whatever my 3-4 point breakfast is. Well this morning, DB drank all the milk in the container leaving just enough so he wouldn't have to throw the jug away!! So I was irritated I couldn't get my daily morning dairy in. Anyway, this morning on my way to work I stopped by Starbucks to pick up a grande non fat Sugar Free Vanilla latte. Not only did this get in my two milk servings but it has had me feeling full all morning!! Usually by now I'm craving food, and watching the clock till lunch time.

Anyway, I just thought this was a great way to get in BOTH dairy servings for low points and to control your hunger all in one!

Default Re: Starbucks

I love them too... it's just the price that kills me. I have it for a treat or if friends want to go for dessert. They have their cake and I enjoy my latte.
    Kelley

HW/SW/CW/WWG/PGW
    184/169/151.0/155/149

WWG 11/02/05

YUM! I love Starbucks! Try the No fat Pumpkin spice latte its wonderful!
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

The pumpkin spice lattes are delish. I figured out how to make them at home. I add about 1/2 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice to my coffee grounds before brewing my coffee (I have a 4 cup coffee maker). When it's done, I add FF 1/2 and 1/2 to my cup, some Splenda and a dollop of FF Cool Whip on top. Tastes almost exactly the same and so much cheaper!
    Last edited by orphanannie; 10-13-2005 at 12:17 PM.
    Anne

nickie0214 Guest

is the pumpkin spice latte with skim milk - o points? If so, i am heading there now!! They are 3 of them within 2 blocks of my office (dangerous)

Yes........

I'd be interested as well to know the point value of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I hope someone can help with this query.
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by nickie0214
    is the pumpkin spice latte with skim milk - o points? If so, i am heading there now!! They are 3 of them within 2 blocks of my office (dangerous)
    NO!!! The tall non-fat pumpkin spice latte is FOUR points, and that's without the whipped cream. Check out the nutritional information on the Starbuck's website. They are delish and I've had them a few times when I can spare the points.

To compare, a tall non-fat latte is two points and a tall non-fat vanilla latte is three points. I'm not sure how you would figure that a pumplin spice latte would be zero points?
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

non fat milk has pts---2 pts a cup the 12 oz grande is 2 pts for a normal latte, and it goes up- look at their website- not sure what th eingredients in pumpkin spice is.
    316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here
    currently- you don't want to know

nickie0214 Guest

How is a non fat (milk) sugar free (Syrup) 3 points? I am referring to the non fat vanilla latte?

Replies

How is a non fat (milk) sugar free (Syrup) 3 points? I am referring to the non fat vanilla latte?
    I'm not making this up. Check out the information on the Starbuck's website. The nutritional information for all of their drinks is there. I figure they know what they put in them.

From the Starbuck's website for a tall non-fat vanilla latte:
    Calories - 170
    Fat - 0
    Fiber - 0

According to my slider, that's three points (almost four).
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

nickie0214 Guest

Thanks for the help! On the subject of coffee- (i am probably calculating this wrong too) at Dunkins a medium coffee Light and one sweet and low... how many points would you say that is? Thanks again!! I am doing weight watchers from home and need all the guidance i can get.

Replies

Thanks for the help! On the subject of coffee- (i am probably calculating this wrong too) at Dunkins a medium coffee Light and one sweet and low... how many points would you say that is? Thanks again!! I am doing weight watchers from home and need all the guidance i can get.
    There is a wealth of information available out on the internet. Many places have nutritional information available on their website. I believe Dunkin Donuts is one, but since I don't go there I haven't checked, I've just heard people say it's there. But, even if you can't find the nutritional information for a restaurant there are other sites you can go to that will give you an idea. Some of them are:

www.dietfacts.com
    www.calorieking.com
    www.dwlz.com

But always, always, use the nutritional information on the restaurant website, or the nutritional information found on the package before going to one of these other sites. That is the information that will be the most up to date and accurate.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

nickie0214 Guest

Thanks Luanne!

Replies

12 oz pumpkin spice nutrional iinfo without whipped cream is a whopping 6 pts- check the sugar content out!! .,.. and then get a regular non fat latte with sugar free syrup instead

Serving Size
    12 fl. oz. Amt Per ServingCalories 290Fat Calories 90Total Fat (g) 10Saturated Fat (g) 6Cholesterol (mg) 40Sodium (mg) 210Total Carbohydrates (g) 38Fiber (g) 0Sugars (g) 38Protein (g) 12Vitamin A 8%Vitamin C 0%Calcium 45%Iron 0%
    316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here
    currently- you don't want to know

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by reelriot
    12 oz pumpkin spice nutrional iinfo without whipped cream is a whopping 6 pts- check the sugar content out!! .,.. and then get a regular non fat latte with sugar free syrup instead
    If you ask for the non-fat it lowers the points to 4. Still high, but better than 6.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

mom2tsm Guest

No-sugar syrups are 0 points. I checked out their gazillion page handbook last time I was in one, to be sure, since NS syrups aren't on the website. There are 0 calories in NS syrups. So, you only need to count 1 point per 4oz skim milk and you are good to go. A Tall (12oz) is 3 pts, a Grande (16oz) is 4 pts.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by mom2tsm
    No-sugar syrups are 0 points. I checked out their gazillion page handbook last time I was in one, to be sure, since NS syrups aren't on the website. There are 0 calories in NS syrups. So, you only need to count 1 point per 4oz skim milk and you are good to go. A Tall (12oz) is 3 pts, a Grande (16oz) is 4 pts.
    Cool. I didn't even know Starbuck's had no-sugar syrups. I'll have to check it out next time I go in.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I have often underestimated my coffee points because of the milk! FF 1/21/2 still has 20calories for 2 tbsp. I know I use at leat that in 1 cup but I usually have 2 cups! The points can escelate without us realizing unless we're careful. I had starbucks yesterday and today...FF Cappucino with splenda and cinnamon, but the tall is 2 points according to my calculations. Please, someone tell me that's right!! (I visited the website and DWLZ) I LOVE coffee!!!
    ~Lori
    SW: 159.6

CW: 159
    GW: 135

Where am I going...and why am I in this handbasket?

Replies