Thread: Breakfast idea

Default Breakfast idea

Just wanted to share a breakfast idea with you. I love oatmeal with fruit in it. I have picked up on Joanne's idea of using the Davinci sugar free syrups to sweeten my oatmeal. My "normal" way to make oatmeal is to boil the water, add the oats and then after about 3-5 minutes I add a chopped up apple and sf vanilla syrup, cook for another 2 minutes or so to soften the apple and then sprinkle with toasted walnuts. It's a nice 4 pt breakfast (2 for the oats, 1 for the apple and 1 for the nuts).

Over the weekend I used frozen cherries that I chopped up and added sf almond syrup and toasted almonds - YUM!

This morning I used a nectarine (peaches would be good, but I am alergic to them), vanilla syrup and toasted pecans. It was wonderful!!

Gina
    Gina
    5/7
    SW 175 07/02
    Goal 150 09/2003
    Now 155

www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Shamrocks Guest

Default Re: Breakfast idea

Wow, that sounds really yummy!!! I'm definitely going to have to try those. Where can I find Davinci syrups? (I'm new here).

I love the Quaker Weight Control oatmeals (comes in Banana Bread and Cinnamon flavors) and the Kashi oatmeal (in Vanilla and Honey & Cinnamon flavors)...they're very flavorful and only 2 points per serving.

Default Re: Breakfast idea

I get the Davinci syrups in my local grocery store. It is the syrup coffee shops use in lattes and such. It is in the coffee isle at my stores. Some folks have found it in Marshalls and World Market as well. I am in the coffee capital so it is easy for me to get - but before I knew that it could be used in things other than coffee I would make my oatmeal with Splenda and flavored extracts like vanilla or almond. You could do it that way if you can't find the syrup.

Gina
    Gina
    5/7
    SW 175 07/02
    Goal 150 09/2003
    Now 155

www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Danis1984 Guest

Smile Re: Breakfast idea

If you have a Cash n Carry near by they sell them for just over $3 for the big bottles of the SF syrups.

Dani