Thread: Breakfast and lunch ideas

Default Breakfast and lunch ideas

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this and just getting ready to get started. I have many dinner ideas but I am having a hard time coming up with fast and easy breakfast and lunch ideas. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Teri

Default Re: Breakfast and lunch ideas

When in a hurry I like 3/4 cup cheerios 3 points, with 1/4 cup skim milk 1 point and a banana 1 point for 5 points.
    Also scrambled egg has 3 points. make toast out of my light wheat that one slice has no points, spray it with I can't believe its not butter, sprinkle with 1/2 packet of splenda and sprinkle with cinnamon. 4 point breakfast

For lunch I pack salad to take to work. One thing I have learned is put you dressing in the bowl and then salad on top. Don't stir until ready to eat. I ususally top this with leftover chicken breast, or canned tuna.

Hope this helps!
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Replies

_Kashi oatmeal add divinci sf syurp and its 2 pts mmm
    _eggbeaters 3 butterball turkey links and toast with icbinb and sf jam 4-5 pts depending on your bread
    _drinkable yogurt and some fruit the yougurt is 1 pt
    _eggbeaters made with 1 pt shells for a breakfast burito

_starkist tuna packs 2.5 pts plus bread love the zesty lemon pepper with mustard and lettuce
    _lunchmeat sandwich with ff pringles
    _baked potato in the micro with 2tbsp ff sourcream or icbinb
    _frozen ww or lean cuisine meals
    hw 297 while pg with 2nd child
    sw 230.5
    cw 206.6
    rejoined ww 1-07

Painthorse Guest

I am addicted to thomas light muffins toasted with reduced fat Peanut Butter. I use the Peanut butter sparingly but the results are that it is a filling breakfast. muffin=1 pt, PB 2 tbls=5 6 point breakfast that sticks to your ribs!

Eggo lite wheat waffles (1 pt each) with Boca brand sausage (1 pt each) links 1/4 cup lite syrup (2 pts) MMMM good. I eat 2 waffles and links and use 1/4 cup syrup so only 6 points!

I also just tried Boca Burger-flamed grilled flavored and MMMMmmmm! Put that on a light wheat roll with ff cheese & some onionand I am a happy happy camper!

Replies

I second the eggbeaters. I take 1/2 cup of eggbeaters which is 1 point and make an omelette and two of the thomas's english muffins (light ones) that are one point a piece, and put jelly on the english muffins. They I cut the omelette in half and put one half on each of the muffins with jelly. Yummy andi it's only 4 points.
    Beth

Georgette Guest

I used to love the thomas lite english muffins, but they don't carry them in Southern California any more. I even emailed them to find a location near me and they sent me a letter in the mail to tell me there is no store in my area that carries them.

My favorite low point breakfast is WW Vanilla puffed Cereal 1 point for 1 cup. I top it with a cup of blueberries and a cup of milk and I have a very filling 4 point breakfast.

7. Default Re: Breakfast and lunch ideas

Quote Originally Posted by mommaof2
    _Kashi oatmeal add divinci sf syurp and its 2 pts mmm
    _eggbeaters 3 butterball turkey links and toast with icbinb
    What in the world is icbinb? I've been trying to figure this out but I'm stumped.
    Sabrina Restart Date 1/1/12 SW 268.5

SusaninNC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sabjewelry
    What in the world is icbinb? I've been trying to figure this out but I'm stumped.
    I can't believe it's not butter.

On Sunday I prepare my breakfast for the week, put in baggies and freeze or fridge till needed. I toast 1 pt english muffins and add an egg beater egg and sometimes a piece of bacon for either 2 or 3 pts. This week I am having 3 pt breakfast burritos (southwestern egg beaters, 2 pt tortilla and salsa).
    Susie

SW 266/CW 231/GW 150
    Total lost: 35 pounds
    Started WW 5/31/05
    Reached 1st 10% goal 9/6/05

Replies

Wheat Bagel with ff cream cheese-3pts
    turkey bacon one slice broken in half with egg beaters a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheedar Cheese on Natures Own Light White toast-4pts
    Fruit Harvest Cereal-2pts with 1%milk 1cup
    Weight Management Banana Oatmeal-3pt

Lunch
    I usually eat left overs from dinner for lunch
    Wheat pita with thin ham and ff cheddar cheese heated in the microwave (tastes like a hot/ham and cheese)
    Smart Ones Meals
    Wheat thins with Laughing Cow Swiss cheese and ham
    I make soups and freeze them and make them for lunch