Thread: DaVinci syrup?

Default DaVinci syrup?

is this stuff available in grocery stores or just online? i have a hankering to make the pumpkin oat pie recipe. in my area we have Lowe's foods, Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Fresh Market and a Whole Foods store. any suggestions?
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

Default Re: DaVinci syrup?

It's hard to find in regular grocery stores. Some walmarts carry 2 flavors in the coffee aisle. You can sometimes find it at TJMaxx or Marshalls but the selection is usually limited. Some coffee shops carry it as well but it's generally more expensive there. I usually just get it online. CostPlus World Market carries the Torani brand if you are near one of those.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

thanks, joanne. i knew i could count on you. you have so many answers and i'm glad you're out there! what are your favorites and are they really good??
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

Smile Re: DaVinci syrup?

Lee Ann,

I don't know where you are in NC, but I shop in Pineville/Charlotte a lot. Pineville has a World Market that carries it. They also carry Torani which has sugar free too. I got most of mine from there and TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Cheri
    HW 169
    SW 165
    CW 162.6
    GW 135

5'4", 37
    Made it to 137 in 9/2002, now I'm back.

I am the vine, you are the branches...for without me you can do nothing. Jn 5:15

I'm kinda biased as I'm a Davinci-holic! I have about 40 different flavors of DV and Torani syrups and I use them daily. DH built me a special cabinet in my kitchen for them. I go thru phases with favorites, but I really like the spice blend for the pumpkin pie, though gingerbread is good too. I also love the amaretto, german chocolate cake, cookie dough and butterscotch flavors. Torani's fruit flavors are really good. I love the Torani Black Cherry and Mango flavors. I don't care much for either brand's nut flavors, like hazelnut or praline, but the exception is almond, LOVE IT! It would probably be easier to list the ones I don't like. :lol:
    Joanne

thanks cheri. i'm just outside winston-salem and we have a world market and tjmaxx. i'll check there.

a whole shelf.....must be good!
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

You're welcome! I have a really good friend who lives outside Winston. We are visiting the end of Sept. for the Dixie Classic Fair. Small world.

Hope you find some great flavors. I'm still learning to use mine.
    HW 169
    SW 165
    CW 162.6
    GW 135

5'4", 37

I am the vine, you are the branches...for without me you can do nothing. Jn 5:15

i love the dixie classic! it will be difficult going and not eating some of my usual goodies. if i go i'll just have to fill up on my healthy goodies before i go. i'm in advance, where is your friend?
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

Amen to that. We go every year and I'm looking forward to it, but dreading that very thing. Ahhhhh, the smells...

She's in Pine Hall.

Cheri
    HW 169
    SW 165
    CW 162.6
    GW 135

5'4", 37

10. Default Re: DaVinci syrup?

Hi, if you want to get a few flavors you can find them online:
    http://www.davincigourmet.com
    http://www17.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=121

Replies

Hi Joanne,

Just out of curiousity.... do you have anything in particular that you use the "amaretto, german chocolate cake, cookie dough and butterscotch flavors" on or in?

Mainly, I was wondering about the butterscotch. The others are fairly obvious.

Thanks.
    Diane
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Diane, My favorite use for butterscotch sounds weird but is soooo good. I use it to whip with cottage cheese into a smooth creamy topping for my crustless pumpkin pie. I also use it to make popsicles with my milk to give my milk serving some more volume.

Cookie dough is also good for the whipped topping. I also use cookie dough with mixed with 1 pkg Alba Shake Mix and some cereal to make my version of Haystack Cookies . I like German Chocolate Cake in these and in milk-sicles too. The fruit flavors are all good in milk-sicles.

I also make Southaven Farms Muffin and use different flavors of syrups to change them up a bit. I still have a stash of the old kind and I created a single serve recipe that they posted on their website. I like to change the flavors up.

I also use DV in the milk on my cereal to add different flavor and to make my own yogurt flavors out of FF Plain yogurt. It's really helped me keep my dairy servings up without getting bored.

I use it so much I'm probably forgetting some way that I use it since it's just part of my day.
    Joanne

Replies

I was wondering if they make a pump for the syurps? I think this would be a nice thing to have. I love french vanilla in my coffee. It makes me think I am having coffee mate in it without the points. MMMM I love this stuff. I have such a hard time finding it at our tj maxx. I bought a few bottles while on vacation but we are getting low and they havem't got any more in stock yet. Is there any place else you can get it as cheap as 6.99 like tj maxx. I live in arkansas

i believe they have the pumps online!
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

Replies

Thanks, Joanne. :-D

Diane
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

16. Default Re: DaVinci syrup?

Joanne, I broke down and got vanilla and caramel of the Torani syrup. I have had zero luck finding DV, but I'm not giving up!

As we speak, I've got a Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Oats in the oven. I used the caramel syrup and can't wait to try it! I can't believe how much you get for a serving! I have calculated and recalculated just to make sure! The store I found these at also has chocolate and hazelnut. I'm going to get the chocolate and make your Alba Haystack cookies. This store also carries the Alba!

How do you make your milk-sicles? They sound wonderful!

Thanks!

17. Default Re: DaVinci syrup?

Well, I have had the pie! It is awesome! I can't get over how much you get and how filling it is. I tasted it warm, but I like it best cold.

The caramel syrup was okay. I needed an extra kick to it, so I sprinkled 1/4 tsp of sugar and 1/4 tsp of the vanilla syrup on top of each slice, and that did the trick. I'm going to get the chocolate syrup and try that next!

Highly Recommended!

deb...would the almond syrup be good or just nasty?? i couldn't find spice or gingerbread. i think i'll order some online.
    Lee Ann
    SW 185.4

19. Default Re: DaVinci syrup?

Lee Ann, I would love to try the almond, but I have more hunting to do here in my hometown before I break down and order it online!

BluSpringsGal Guest

I would appreciate someone posting the Haystack recipe.

Jo

Jo, there's a link in the thread below. or do you mean to the Original non-Alba recipe?
    Joanne