Thread: Need some points values guys!

bashmentmelissa Guest

Question Need some points values guys!

1. Boar's head ovengold turkey deli meat, thinly sliced
    2. Bleu cheese dressing
    3. Are the point values for subway sandwiches inclusive of cheese? If not, how is the cheese factored in?
    4. Plantains......in the book they are measured by the cup so would a cup be like half a medium size plantain?

Finally, I noticed that Weight watchers has added a variety of cultural dishes to their points selection, actually I am not sure how long these have been available. Nevertheless, I was wondering if it is at all possible for someone to send them a food item/dish that one would like the points value to be assessed for, something unique to one's culture. If not, is there a known formula that is used to calculate these points? Maybe I could get that and try and figure it out myself.

Default Re: Need some points values guys!

I can not answer all your questions,but I can answer the Subway one, The subs pts are without cheese or mayo, You add pts for cheese depending on what kind you use, they use one slice cut into triangles,and if mayo is used add pts for that depending on reg mayo or light mayo which they have, I know cause I love Subway. I eat there alot. In your dining out book it says what I just said in print at the bottom

Default Re: Need some points values guys!

Quote Originally Posted by bashmentmelissa
    1. Boar's head ovengold turkey deli meat, thinly sliced
    2. Bleu cheese dressing
    3. Are the point values for subway sandwiches inclusive of cheese? If not, how is the cheese factored in?
    4. Plantains......in the book they are measured by the cup so would a cup be like half a medium size plantain?

was wondering if it is at all possible for someone to send them a food item/dish that one would like the points value to be assessed for, something unique to one's culture. If not, is there a known formula that is used to calculate these points?
    1. should be on the package (slider), if not use your best judgement and books.
    2. should be on the package (slider), but if homemade, should be under "dressing, salad"
    3. cheese adds one point to a 6 inch and 2 points to a 12 inch
    4. all I know is that it takes about 2 1/2 mushed bananas to get a cup for my banana bread recipe
    5. I would just calculate the ingredients of the recipe. WW tries to cover the most popular items, and they also need 3 different versions of the recipe to come up with the average. You would be more accurate to total all of the info from a site like www.calorieking.com and divide by servings... it's tedious but much more accurate.
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4