Thread: Cracker Barrel Cherry Pancakes???

Default Cracker Barrel Cherry Pancakes???

Hi..can anyone help me out? I have checked both DWLZ and Cracker Barrel website, and can not find this item. We stopped at Cracker Barrel this morning, and I had the cherry fruit pancakes. Basically, I ate 2 buttermilk pancakes with a cherry topping. NO added butter, syrup or whipped cream!! (yeah me!) The cherry topping tasted kind of like a light pie filling, but not as sweet. And the cherries in it tasted fairly fresh. Can anyone help me with this?? I can figure out how many points the pancakes were, but the topping is what's getting me. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

Default Re: Cracker Barrel Cherry Pancakes???

I would bet that it was equivalent to canned pie filling (not light). It would surprise me if Cracker Barrel used fresh cherries to make their toppings rather than just opening a can. (I don't have my points book with me or I'd tell you how many points that would be...)

Nice job on not choosing butter, syrup or whipped cream, though.

Thanks Calgal!! Yeah, when the waitress asked if I wanted whipped cream, I stalled and my husband looked at me. I could tell he was proud of me when I said NO!!! My small victory for the day.

For 1/3 cup it is 2 points for Regular cherry pie filling. (90 calories, 0 fat, 1g fiber) I'm betting there was at least double or triple that, so I think you're looking at 4-6 points for the topping.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good luck finding any points on Cracker Barrel. I've tried.
    The closest thing I've found is HERE.

I usually eat there 2-3 times a week for breakfast. I given up on pancakes, country fried steak and gravy and started eating eggs, turkey sausage and toast. (The turkey sausage is really good BTW)

I think they sell the fruit toppings out in the store. There *might* be some nutritional values on the jar. I'll check on it Friday. (tomorrow is a Bob Evans day)
    Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Well, I forgot to look yesterday, but the family is eating there tomorrow, so I'll try to look this time. I realize you've probably already journaled it by now, but I'm curious.

BTW, my DW just found a place that actually lists some points for CB.
    http://akasha.onmyweigh.com/data/crackerbarrel.txt
    No cherry pancakes tho.

I actually sent an email to Cracker Barrel, they told me they are in the process of evaluating the nutritional info. of their menu, and when they are done they will send me a copy. I won't hold my breath.
    Anyway, I ended up counting the 2 pancakes with cherry topping for 10 points. 6 points for 2 pancakes, and I figured 4 points for 2 servings of cherry pie filling. That was the closest food I could compare that topping to.
    Thanks for all your help everyone.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Well it looks like you guessed right.
    I finally remembered to look at a jar in the CB store this morning.

It's just like Casey4 said:
    Serving: 1/3 cup = (90 calories, 0 fat, 1g fiber) = 2 points

I'm guessing that they just plop some regular cherry pie filling in a jar, slap the CB label on it and sell it for 4x the price.

I may have to treat myself to that some time. It's actually less points than my usual CB breakfast!

6 = three eggs
    4 = two turkey sausage patties
    4 = two slices sourdough wheat toast
    1 = four half & half creamers
    ____
    15 points! :eek:

Replies

Cracker Barrel has their own brand of egg substitute which is very good. They also serve excellent s/f syrup if you ask for it. I find it much easier to get a healthy breakfast there than many other chain restaurants - and the service is always good.
    There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.