Thread: WW bread.. what a laugh!

1. Default WW bread.. what a laugh!

I could not get over how tiny the slices are and the cost! Ill stick with my saralee delight for the same pt value.

2. Default Re: WW bread.. what a laugh!

I have never tried the WW bread, but I agree, the SaraLee is a better price. At least those slices are a little bigger and moister than Light Orowheat.

Replies

Smile Re: WW bread.. what a laugh!

I LIKE the whole wheat Weight Watchers! Expensive, yes. (Got mine at Costco, so there was probably a price-break.) But I don't eat a lot of bread.

I've never liked the Oroweat Light... WWs is much better, in my opinon.

But I haven't tried the SaraLee. Guess I'll have to~ :bcbsalute
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Default Re: WW bread.. what a laugh!

I didn't realize the price of the WW products. Bought WW English muffins and bagels last week, and when they rang up at $3.59 each, I decided not to buy them and bought the Stop and Shope store brand instead at $1.49.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

Georgette Guest

The SaraLee Delight is great. I like the white, which still has enough fiber in it to not set me off on a binge. The white bread makes a great french toast.
    Yummy.

Default cheaper alternatives

I think the prices on WW baked goods are INSANE. The bread is not the best, and $3 a loaf! I buy 35 calorie bread, and it is usually $1.50-$1.75 a loaf. And the bagels taste TERRIBLE I think..and are so expensive....I get Lender's lower carb bagels, much better taste, 2 points a peice as well, and less than $1 a pack at Walmart.
    The only WW baked good that is WONDERFUL and worth the price is their carrot cake snack cakes. YUMMY and only 1 point! Expensive, $3 a 6-pack at Walmart but worth it!
    Kacy

WW candies are not that much diff either. They say 1 pt a piece, but at Walmart I have found numerous candies that are 1 pt a piece or less in bags... of course, I have to put them out of sight when I get them home, but you can have 3 tootsie rolls at a point and two Andes mints... mmm

I don't know the price of WW candy in comparison, but it seems funny to me that WW is trying to market things we already have... tricky, tricky!
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

Replies

Unfortunately, the Sara Lee bread is not being marketed in the New York City area yet, and I have been so anxious to try it after seeing the commercial.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

sodacracker Guest

I guess it's all in the options . I have grown to love WW whole wheat bread because there are so few low point breads available here.

I don't mind spending money if the bread is good but having grown up on fabulous German grain breads I can't stand the white or whole wheat pap that passes for bread in North America. The bread I use is 1 pt per slice but it's well worth it as it has 4 grams of fiber per slice and is so hearty that you actually feel like you've eaten something after 2 slices.
    If you want to lose the weight you’ll find a way - if not, you’ll find an excuse.

SW: 265 (1/10/05)
    CW: 175
    WW Goal weight:179 (1/19/06)
    Lifetime: 3/2/06
    PG: 165

Replies
    Blog Entries

What brand of bread would that be Jurnee?
    And where can I get some?
    Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Replies

Any whole grain bread is better for you than the junk they pass off as light bread that has no taste and is anything but satisfying. If it is whole grain you can actually see pieces of the grain in the bread. At one point per slice, it is a bargain. I like the Nature's Own breads and Cobblestone's. WW are pricey and not anything special.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Replies

Todd, if you look at any whole wheat bread and it's got at least 3 grams of fiber per slice, it'll be a one point. I use Brownberry classics 100% whole wheat bread, and it's only one point per slice for a fairly hefty slice. I can use one slice and make a sandwich out of it and it suits me just fine. Plus, when I look at the ingredients, it's got better stuff in it than the weight watchers bread, in my opinion.
    Beth

14. Default Re: WW bread.. what a laugh!

I use Heiners Whole Wheat 35 calorie bread. Both slices for just one point.
    BRANDY

HW~226
    SW~217.5
    CW~197.5

GW~ 140

Replies

all bread with 3g fibre per slice are not necessarily 1 pt. I learned the hard way after counting it that way because of the week 1 booklet and then getting E-tools- oops many of them were 2 pts on the NI- the 3g per slice is just a generalization- so calories and fat in addition to fibre have to be taken into account- so I was undercounting the bread big time- so I also in Canada have switched to 2 slices for 1 pt breads including ww, demptsers bodywise, and other such breads.
    316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here
    currently- you don't want to know

Replies
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Thank you ladies.
    Of course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

ariellasdaddy Guest

I agree that the bread is small and expensive - but, I tried the Freihoffer's 40 calorie bread and it had a fruity taste which was nasty. At least the WW bread did not. But Shop Rite and Stop & Shop sell reduced calorie hot dog and hamburger buns that are 1 point each and personally, I don't taste a difference between those and the full fat ones. So I go with those.

the weight watchers food products all seem very expensive. i guess they realized that ever other weight loss plan has their own food, so why not them? south beach has it's own food and aparently that's doing well. lean cuisines to me taste way better than the smart ones and have a much better variety. the ice cream is okay, but there are so many options that you really don't need it. i do like the ww candy, but it is way too expensive in dollars.

maybe i'd buy more of their food products if meetings weren't $11 a week.

my3preciousbabies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
    Any whole grain bread is better for you than the junk they pass off as light bread that has no taste and is anything but satisfying. If it is whole grain you can actually see pieces of the grain in the bread. At one point per slice, it is a bargain. I like the Nature's Own breads and Cobblestone's. WW are pricey and not anything special.
    I LOVE natures own bread, and it's not too expensive!

I agree WW stuff is WAY too expensive and you can get something just as good in another brand with the same point value!

Also remember that with the sugar count wheat bread is basically no different then white, if you get wheat you have to get whole grain or it's really not doing the body good

Quote Originally Posted by my3preciousbabies
    Also remember that with the sugar count wheat bread is basically no different then white, if you get wheat you have to get whole grain or it's really not doing the body good
    yeah i realized that when i realized you get no reduction in points at subway when you get wheat vs. italian.

I like Mrs. Baird's Honey 7 grain. I count it as 1.5 points a slice, but it's worth it. It's more whole and it's very tasty.

Also, about the WW candies, forget them! Andes mints are two for 1 point and tootsie rolls are 3 for 1 point! Yum- I give myself a treat for a "dessert" every now and then, guiltfree!
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

NewMe1 Guest

I've found that some "diet" brands of bread, candy, ice cream, etc. are worth the extra money because they taste good and are greatly reduced in points. Some examples are Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (3 points), WW Oreo Cookies-n-Cream ice cream treats (2 points), and Schwebel's Light hamburg and hotdog buns (1 point each). But you're right...other stuff is NOT worth it. Also, Werther's Original hard candies are 1 point for 3 pcs and are very yummy!

23. Default Re: WW bread.. what a laugh!

Other breads that are 1 point for two slices:

Wonder light Wheat
    and
    Healthy Life Rye and Healthy Life Wheat.
    both Wonder and Healthy life have white breads which maybe also 1 point for two slices, but I don't eat white.
    flakypastry 5' 2"
    SW 129 :: CW 123.4:: GW 119 :: PG 109 :: lowest 113.8

Lifetime since August 2005. Currently OVER goal..but getting really close!!

the WW bagels and bakery muffins are awesome (2 &3 pts respectively) but the bread and english muffins?? no thank you! if you buy any brand "light" english muffins, they're only 1 point each. i like to put a little DL Jardine's peach salsa on them and its an awesome 1 PT snack. those salsa's are awesome, they have peach, mango, rasperry, black bean, etc. they're spicy but sweet and taste so fresh.

i think i always stray from the original topic...
    ma®ie
    Day1: 4/5/2005
    WW Week #16
    SW: 236.8

CW: 198.4
    WWG: 145
    Next Goal: -20 by 10/10/05!
    8/22: 6.4 down, only 13.6 to go!

"The more you strengthen your denial
    The more you turn to your desire" (311)

oldegranny Guest

I can't find WW products in my small ontario town so have been buying Hollywood whole wheat - 2 slices daily - just started WW yesterday (24th) so still figuring out how this all works - not yet decided which way to go - points or core - found this site by accident & it's really helping me work out the program