Thread: 1-point/serving Pizza Crust!

Default 1-point/serving Pizza Crust!

I found a pizza crust at Walmart today for 1 point per serving. It was a 12'' crust and 1 serving was 1/6 of the crust. I calculated the points for 1/4 of the crust and it was only 2 points.

It's called Mama Mary's Gourmet Pizza Crust...the low carb version. Per 1/6 serving it has 90 cals, 1.5 g fat, and 7 g fiber. It didn't taste low carb to me and DH even loved it.

I found it up at the section with the specialty cheeses near the deli.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

Replies

Default Re: 1-point/serving Pizza Crust!

Great info! I'll be looking for that next shopping trip.
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

I found this a few weeks ago and tried it. It was pretty good. Not take out, but not too bad. DH liked it too.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

csdtlp Guest

sounds yummy!! I want to try making my own low point pizza crust.

HappyBunny Guest

Be careful with this one. The 90 calories it lists on the package is really the "Low Carb - net carb math." My husband is a Registered Dietitian, and he ran it through his software because he did not think it looked right. It actually has 114 calories per 1/6 slice. It has 90 when they use the net-carb math of backing the fiber calories out of the carb calories. But really....you are consuming 114 calories. This being said, the 1/6 slice is 1.6 points each. So eat accordingly.

(FYI..."Net carbs" is not a medical/dietetic term. It is a commercial marketing gimmick not recognized by the medical/dietetic community. Now I know that even though people are on WW, they may still be holding on to their old Zone ways, etc....which is fine. Do whatever it is that you think makes you lose weight. But just trying to put out some education, as I hate misleading advertising, especially as it relates to weight loss products, as we are such a vulnerable group.)

Replies

Happy Bunny-I'll be interested to go find this product myself. I am familiar with the net carb scam, but I thought the calories per serving was an absolute.
    Dianne<br />Lifetime!

HappyBunny Guest

DH thought so too, but he kept re-working the numbers, and they still came out 114, then it hit him that this was a low-carb product, so when he applied the net-carb math to it, I think it came out to 95 calories.

I was kind of upset by this, because the whole movement to create standards and laws governing nutrition info on labels is supposed to protect us from this stuff. It is supposed to accurately tell you what the product contains. Frustrating!

I tried this again tonight and didn't like it that much. I don't know what it was---I made it the exact same way and everything. Probably won't try it again.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

Replies

I tried this, it was ok... not great, but ok. I think I'll stick to making my little low point pizzas on tortilla shells. As far as the net-carb math I say !!! Reminds me of the stupid way they put the nutritional information on a muffin ... making ONE muffin TWO servings. Gimme a break!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!