if anyone can help i would so appreciate it

thankyou
    squeeze

on my way to a better me

sw 190
    cw 187
    gw 135

Default Re: HeLLo CaN AnyOne HeLp??

PoSt ThE cAlOrIeS, fAt, AnD fIBeR aNd MaYbE sOmEoNe CaN hElP yOu OuT.

There are threads in the WW@Home board that point to the program info posted elsewhere, meaning you'll find it at www.dwlz.com in the message board section.

Free registration continues at most WW meetings until May 15th. See if maybe you can attend at least one meeting to get the current plan materials which include the Week 1 book and a slider to figure points with. Be sure to stay after the meeting for the leader to cover the plans for new members. The TurnAround Program includes both Flex and Core.

I realize money can be tight for lots of folks but for the cost of eating out a day or two, you could have the proper materials to work the program. If there are no meetings in your area, use what you find at dwlz.

Welcome to BootCamp.

:bcbsalute

squeeze Guest

frisky

thankyou very much yea i will look into it i live about 40 to 50 miles away

from the meetings but i may be able to make the first visit its been a while

since i checked so i will check again thankyou for taking your time to respond

that was very nice i will get the info for the slimfast tonight
    and i will post again tomorrow

thankyou
    squeeze

squeeze Guest

hey hey thankyou for the help i called ww today

and am attending a meeting today after work it is going to cost me

20 dollars i am going to pay 10 and my friend that is doing it with me

is going to pay 10 and the woman said no contract and that includes all

the material that i need and a free consultation and i am going to ask her about

the slimfast for breakfast and all that i am going to get me a list together

thanx again for the info

hopefully i'll be talking to ya soon

and know the flow

squeeze

That's great! You'll do so much better having current materials and having the plan explained. You'll have an opportunity to ask questions and you might like it so much you keep going back.

May the force be with you.

:bcbsalute

Replies

http://www.slim-fast.com/reference_...hers_Points.pdf

Squeeze,

Just some friendly advise, try not to become too dependent on Slim Fast products. Although they are now being rated the no. 2 for weight loss and are fairly low on points, they include two types of sugar products and are really not that good for you. They are also very low calorie, so living on a diet of 2 slim fasts a day and a meal is a quick way to bring your metabolism down and lose lean muscle mass. You'll lose weight, but not the kind you want to lose, and once you stop the diet you'll gain it back plus some. I recently purchased a Protein drink product from our local Costco, and its yummy. 2 scoops is four points, and I add fruit and ice and blend it up into a nice thick shake. It's filling, and is very low carbs/sugar. It's easy, and good for you. Good luck on WW.

Amy

BW: 230
    CW: 199/200
    GW: 140
    AMY

squeeze Guest

thankyou so much for the advice amy that is very helpfull i sure don't want to do that what if i replace one shake a day for breakfast and only about three times a week it is just easier for me in the mornings when i'm flying out the door
    and on my way to work thankyou again
    squeeze

squeeze Guest

and also thankyou so much for the guide

Replies

Jesus, why do your meetings cost $20? Mine are $10.95 and I live in an area with a really high cost of living.

Incidentally, Slim-Fast is the work of the devil. You'd be better off eating a tablespoon of peanut butter on low-carb bread. Much more filling and same points. And how hard is it to make a PB sandwich? I'm constantly sleeping late and flying out the door in the morning and slapping PB on bread takes like 2 seconds and it's just as portable.
    Viscountess Horny Toad
    4/26/05: 310.6 lbs
    5/03/05: 307.6 lbs
    5/10/05: 308.8 lbs
    5/19/05: 308.4
    7/05/05: 279.5 lbs 10% GOAL!

"Do...or do not. there is no 'try.'" -Yoda

squeeze Guest

20 is the first visit then i would have to pay 13 dollars a week but i just went for
    the first time i don't have 13 a week but may go everyonce in a while they said i could do that but thankyou i may not use slimfast for breakfast i just was trying to think for easy breakfast i hate pb sorry the truth but maybe i will find something eles that works. i just keep missing breakfast and people tell me it important to eat something to get you metabolism up in the morning.
    thanx
    squeeze

Our meetings are $10.95 a week here in Colorado also...$20.00 seems pretty steep!! :eek:
    I refuse to sacrifice what I want most for what I want now!! (Author unknown)

163/139/129
    October, 2008

Replies

Darkesnow, have you ever tried spreading tbsp of low fat peanut butter on the honey and oats gronola bars - that come two to a pack? It's about 7 points total, but its a nice change from the english muffins or bagels, very quick, and is filling.

Our meetings are close to $20 a week here in Va. Beach, and you can't miss more than 3 in a row or they increase the price or refuse you admittance (or at least they threatened). Needless to say, I stuck to the At Home system. Meetings didn't really do me any good, and too expensive.
    AMY

13. Default Re: HeLLo CaN AnyOne HeLp??

REFUSE YOU ADMITTANCE? Someone should report them to corporate WW! That is NOT THE WW WAY!
    Latebloomer

14. Default Re: HeLLo CaN AnyOne HeLp??

Squeeze: I'm not much of a breakfast person either---so I bake a batch of muffins and grab one with a cup of coffee for breakfast on the bus; I jam a yogurt in my purse and eat that at my desk an hour or so later.

And there's no rule you have to eat traditional breakfast food--some days I gobble black beans with salsa for breakfast. A tablespoon of peanut butter on a toast whole grain English muffin is a good quick breakfast [I put it in the toaster while finding my coat and purse; turning off the lights; etc]. Cottage cheese is a quickie.

I thought about SlimFast at my desk and decided that is not a good idea as I am trying to change my eating habits for life; I don't want a life of SlimFast.

$20 would probably include a registration fee, right? My meeting is only $9 and I live in a big city with a high cost of living but probably tons of demand...I have like 20 meetings to chose from each week.

I agree with others that Slim Fast is probably not the best idea. What about yogurt and fruit? What about some Kashi cereal with a bit of milk? There are lots of breakfast ideas and I agree that breakfast is really important. You could even wake up 10-15 minutes earlier in order to eat a good breakfast of oatmeal or something.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

Replies

I just remembered, I signed up on a special, so I didn't have a joining fee. I just pay $10.95 a meeting. I don't make much money, but I find I can easily afford it, and my meeting falls on payday so it's all good.

Tuesday is a weird day to get paid.
    Viscountess Horny Toad
    4/26/05: 310.6 lbs
    5/03/05: 307.6 lbs
    5/10/05: 308.8 lbs
    5/19/05: 308.4
    7/05/05: 279.5 lbs 10% GOAL!

"Do...or do not. there is no 'try.'" -Yoda

squeeze Guest

yogurt good choice it is tasty and fullfilling for breakfast thanx for all the

advice i like the yogurt i eat it at my desk and its fast and yum

i am actually doing good on this points system i haven't lost alot of weight but

i feel so good and noticed my pants fitting better you know thats a good feeling

and when i lay down i can see my stomach going down i like this feeling of

accomplishment you know because i have been on other diets and fall of fast

and nothing has ever worked untill now

on my way to a better me
    i awoke this morning, with a new found confidence
    looked into the mirror, seen a woman i've missed
    like a light bulb that, i have tried so hard to replace
    now suddenly shines brighter, and in every right place
    not because i've lost weight, or because my face has thinned
    not because i've lost inches, and my hair has been trimmed
    but because today i have realized, it was here the whole time
    my confidence that is, i was just so hard for me to find
    but i'm thick and getting tonned, just because i can
    not to impress my family, and not to impress my man
    i'm just happy and healthy, and want to stay fit and in shape
    to run with my son, play sports and not faint
    i feel so alive and ready to go
    just wanted to share and thought you'd like to know

squeeze

I just wanted to add that I am doing WW at home and money is an issue with me also. I ordered the standard at home set which with tax came out to be right at $100.00 but they let me pay it in 3 payments taken at the same time every month which helped. I just cut back in other areas to save the money to make the payments.