Thread: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Replies

Default WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Hi Buddies!

Well, for all of you who aren't able to get their hands on the cd rom (I think it's been discontinued for a while), I am uploading as I type the over 2,200 recipes from the collection. Amongst the complete cookbooks on the disc are slimways pasta, slimways chicken, 365 day cookbook, quick cooking, and I forget the rest. As a bonus, I have uploaded the 365 days menus as well 'cause there are some great mini recipes in there.

The links:
    http://www.geocities.com/ottersdownl...65daymenus.zip
    http://www.geocities.com/ottersdownl...styrecipes.zip

sometimes you'll have to cut and paste these, geocities doesn't always allow outside linking

These are in zip files, so you'll need winzip to open them. You can find it through google.com.

And, I just saw, if a lot of people are viewing these pages the site will go down due to too much traffic. Geocities tries to stick you for everything! My humble apologies!! But if you have the software, use the technique I posted before. MUCH faster!
    Last edited by ottermum; 04-13-2005 at 08:02 PM. Reason: fixed links
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Replies

Unhappy Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

I went to the sites you mentioned by both clicking on them and coping and pasting them but I couldnt get them up. Am I missing something?? I dont know what I am doing wrong and I really would like to see these sites. Thanks
    Luvbug
    Starting weight 351.8
    Current weight:

If I can throw away the pounds so can you....have faith in yourself and you will WIN!!!!!!!!

Replies

Default Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbug
    I went to the sites you mentioned by both clicking on them and coping and pasting them but I couldnt get them up. Am I missing something?? I dont know what I am doing wrong and I really would like to see these sites. Thanks
    My guess is that you saw this:
    Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
    The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.
    Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
    That means that the pages are down due to too much traffic. There's nothing I can do about it, unless I want to pay for a page, and I can't do that.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Now it says: "Sorry, the page you requested was not found."
    Get set with the right mind set.

Replies

OKay!! After talking to my brilliant brother, try these:
    http://www.geocities.com/ottersdownl...65daymenus.zip
    http://www.geocities.com/ottersdownl...styrecipes.zip

You'll need winzip to open them!
    Last edited by ottermum; 04-16-2005 at 01:45 PM.
    Jeannette

Replies

Hi!

I just wanted to explain about the files, I just didn't have time yesterday after I changed things around.

I *really* wanted these files to be "open" html pages, where you just click on them and they open up like a regular page, but due to Geocities data transfer restraints on free pages (or any pages come to that) I don't even think it was possible to view the recipe page- it was over 5 MG. :eek: So that's why it said the site was unavailable..

I called my brother who has some unused server space floating around and asked if he could store the files for me and I'd just link to his server. While he said that was not a problem, he recommended zipping the pages for space. I really didn't want BCB'ers to have to "unzip" the files to view them, but I realized that this was really the only option that would allow more members to get the files in a day and save on space. Also, if you get right down to it legally I shouldn't have those files for download and I didn't want to get my brother into trouble.

So, if you don't have Winzip (according to Robert, the newer verisons of Windows already come packaged with it), click here. I wanted to do them as self extracting .exe files, but Geocities doesn't accept .exe files for upload.

I deleted the open html files from the server just before Cheree looked for them, which is why she got that message. Those files are there, I guarentee it!

I'm sorry for all the rigamarole!! I was trying to do something cool, and it wound up being more of a hassle than I thought.

Oh, if anyone has about 7 MG of server space and wants to post those files as open HTML, that would be terrific!!!

Thanks for your time, and I could really use a hug.
    Jeannette

Psst, Ottermum, your PM storage is full. Tried to reply to yours but can't. Can you dump some of the old messages to get some fresh ones?

Thanks!

Replies

Sorry, Frisky! I thought I only had 30, but I forgot about the sent messages! It's cleaned out, thanks for letting me know!
    Jeannette

Thank you so much for sharing I downloaded them just fine...this is wonderful now I will have a variety of foods to choose from....thanks again
    Misty

SW-274
    CW-234.0
    Total destroyed 40.0

~Proud member of The Buddy System~

-If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Fantastic, thanks so much!!
    Get set with the right mind set.

11. Default Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Thank you SO MUCH for all of your hard work ! I wasn't able to download the 2nd set of links "not available" ... but WAS able to download the first set of links. Don't know if it was a timing thing or not, but it worked.

Thanks Again !
    RidgeRunner

You may delay, but time will not!
    Benjamin Franklin

sw: 143.5
    cw: 129.5
    gw: 119.5
    Height: 5' 3.75"

http://tickers.tickerfactory.com/ezt...A5W/weight.png

Replies

Hi!

I fixed those broken links on my second post, I have no idea why the were broken in the first place- they worked when I first posted them.

You're all truely welcome for the cookbooks, I'm glad to oblige! YOu'd all probably be happier if I had cleaned the pages up a bit! :lol: My brother took me to task for offering "unclean" pages, but with over 2,250 recipes in the second file alone, I just don't have the energy. They can be opened in notepad and cleaned up, just hit "save as" a txt file and open it in notpad or wordpad.
    Jeannette

Talking Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Thanks for sharing those sites. I downloaded them and worked out fine. I took a look at some of them and cant wait to try them out
    SW-362
    CW-327
    GW-160
    Been having a slight gain for the past 3 weeks
    Im still hanging in there
    - 35lbs lost forever
    Made my first 10% today 5/25/05

~*SARA*~

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life

As usual Jeanette, you are a doll! I don't know where you find the time to do all this with the babies and how busy your real life is. I am going to download the files because I too need a hug after the remodel disaster so here is a great big HUG for you!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I opened them with no problem. Now I just have to see which I already have and which I don't! That should keep me busy for awhile! Thanks again!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Replies

<<HUGS>> Back atacha!!

As you will see when you open them, I did no formatting, just grabbed them, zipped them, and uploaded them. Took very little time, and William likes to sit on my lap while I compute, like right now.

The complete cookbook listings is:
    Quick Meals
    New 365 Day Menu cookbook
    Versatile Vegetarian
    Cut the Fat
    Complete Cookbook
    Slimways Italian
    Slimways Chicken
    Slimways Grilling
    Slimways Healthy Meals
    Slimways Mexican

I thought it contained Slimways Pasta, but I was wrong. Luckily I picked it up used for a couple of bucks and hopefully I can scan some of those recipes in when I get time to read the book. :lol: So many cookbooks, so little time!
    Jeannette

That's great. It's good to know that complete list. I worked on the 365 Days today and it is a real easy fix on the formatting. Just takes a bit of effort. I say it is worth it not to have to scan the recipes and then upload them to MC.

Give William a big hug and let him know we appreciate him letting us borrow you sometimes!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    241.4/142/155

Replies

Looks great. I had no problem downloading it.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Thumbs up Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

Thought I could buy it but got a message saying not available...

Love my new Mastercook 8.0
    Last edited by Dawn1943; 04-28-2005 at 01:21 AM.
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

Replies

This is copyrighted info - beware WW legal department! You can still buy the disk - I got it right before Christmas for $5.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterInVA
    This is copyrighted info - beware WW legal department! You can still buy the disk - I got it right before Christmas for $5.
    Yep, Susan, as you said this is copywritten info, and I will remove it if asked by WW. Thanks for reminding everyone about that, and that they should be careful what they post.

Cybergranny- sorry about not responding, I didn't get the update note and have been off and on my PC lately.
    William has no problem sharing me as long as he gets the majority of my attention.
    Jeannette

catherinepolonikoff Guest

Question Re: WW Deluxe Light & Tasty CD Rom recipes on line

If anyone would like to buy this CD it is available on ebay. I have the earlier version of Deluxe Weight Watchers Light and Tasty, and I would be glad to give you all copies of it. Does anyone out there know how I could zip this CD so that you all will be able to see it?

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by catherinepolonikoff
    If anyone would like to buy this CD it is available on ebay. I have the earlier version of Deluxe Weight Watchers Light and Tasty, and I would be glad to give you all copies of it. Does anyone out there know how I could zip this CD so that you all will be able to see it?
    I sent you a pm on zipping.
    Jeannette