Thread: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

Default Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

Hi all,

This originates from a Weight Watchers recipe back in 1973. I tweaked it a bit, and next time, will probably add a touch of chili powder, use a mexican-style cheese, and perhaps have it with a little salsa on the side.

Breakfast Bake for One

Serves: 1

Ingredients:
    1 slice reduced-calorie bread
    1 egg
    1/2 cup skim milk
    2 tbsp. grated cheddar cheese
    salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small, 1-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place bread in the bottom. Blend egg and milk; pour over bread. Top with cheese and bake until set, about 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Default Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love to fix breadfast casseroles on the weekends but was a little nervous about fixing one with lower points. Your tweaking was just what my recipe needed...can't wait to fix it!
    Linda
    What can I do today, that will make tomorrow better?
    Started 3/12/05
    Rejoined 7/27/05
    SWt 280.4 CWT 258.2 GW 185
    Loss to date 22.2
    6 lbs until first 10%

3. Default Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

This sounds different. I'm going to try it tomorrow. Sometimes the old recipes are the best. I just found one today that I was searching for called WW Turkey-Cheddar Muffins. I remember years ago making this for breakfast, and everyone would eat them up on me! Thanks for the recipe.
    :bcbsalute MT
    MT

MoodyTripper:

Those muffins sound good - would you mind sharing the recipe?

Thanks!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

5. Default Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

Christine~
    This Breakfast Casserole was very good! Mine had to bake a little longer than what the recipe called for, but it really was good! I will definately make it again! DH was mad that he had to leave early for work today and miss out! I intend on making the Turkey-Cheddar Muffins next week sometime. If they turn out well, I will post the recipe. I really don't like posting a recipe unless I have tried it first. I remember them to be delicious, but that was so long ago! Way before the "point systems". But I do remember other people in my house eating them all up on me! Thanks for the breakfast recipe. I tire of those quick fix weekday breakfasts so it was nice to spend time and prepare something a little different today!
    MT

I had to bake mine for a little longer, too. However, I like any eggs I prepare to be pretty well done. For those who like "looser" eggs, the 15 minutes might be enough ~ but not for me!

Glad you liked it!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

DStikeleather Guest

I am so excited! I am definitely going to try this in the morning. I have been looking for something that I could have for breakfast that would be satisfying, easy, and low in points. Thank you for posting this!

Donna

Zina in Zushi Guest

I made this this morning with eggbeaters and a pinch of FF cheddar...I also cut back the milk to just a splash. I counted it as 2.5 points. It was delicious. Oh yeah..I used the eggs that have the peppers in them.
    Very delicious!
    Thanks for this recipe...this will become a staple in my program!

Hooray! I wanted something different for breakfast this morning, something quick and easy and good. This fit the bill! I only used 1/4 c. milk and it was done in about 12 minutes. Thanks....yum!
    "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." Harold Hill, The Music Man

Replies

I added sauted onions to the milk and egg. This is wonderful. I really enjoyed my breakfast this morning. I also had a slice of turkey bacon and a slice of avocado. Thanks for the recipe. Anne

11. Default Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

BUMPING UP !********
    MT

Debnicu Guest

This sounds great. I love breakfast casseroles. I will definately be trying this one.

13. Thumbs up Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

I made this and loved it. It is good to make the night before and heat up in the microwave at work! Thanks for the recipe

chesterbrooks Guest

So, how about this...?

2 egg whites instead of the whole egg (0 pts?)
    2 slices of the low point bread (1 pt)
    1 slice (diced) turkey ham (1 pt)
    1 slice Kraft 2% cheese (1 pt)

What would the points be for this? about 3? Did I calculate correct? (I never know for egg whites)

15. Default Re: Breakfast Bake for One ~ 4 Points

Bumping this up again Christine! I just made it for myself for a late breakfast. It is a delicious recipe that I make almost every weekend for DH and myself! Sometimes I add some chopped roasted red pepper and onions. I've tried it with various LF cheeses. We are never disappointed. Thanks again for a yummy recipe.
    MT