Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I miss having my hot dogs

racegirl12 Guest

Default I miss having my hot dogs

Can someone tell me how many points the Healthy Choice hot dogs are worth or what other low-fat brands are worth in points?

Thanks,
    Kim

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I miss having my hot dogs

The Ballpark all-white meat turkey franks are 1 point each and taste v good.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Actually, I've tried both the Ball Park FF hot dogs and the Oscar Mayer FF hot dogs. For my money I'd go with Oscar Mayer. They have a nice smokey flavor to them and they're also 1 point. Healthy Choice are 2 points.
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

racegirl12 Guest

Thanks, I can't wait to try them!!!

I'm w/Paris. The ball park turkey franks are great.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

ariellasdaddy Guest

I disagree. I say, save up your 35 weekly allowance points, and then have a nice, juicy, all-beef hot dog.

America's.Sweetheart Guest

This is interesting, because I had been craving hot dogs recently, for some odd reason (not something I have ever eaten a whole lot of). I bought the Healthy Choice beef franks and they are 2 WW points apiece. I broil mine in the oven, they get crispy and black and I eat them on a lite 1 pt bun. They taste good and satisfied my craving for a hot dog for low points while still retaining a good hot dog taste. I did not feel I was sacrificing taste for points here (though I know everyone's taste buds are different!)

Give the Healthy Choice a try.

8. Default Re: I miss having my hot dogs

Im glad this came up. We love hotdogs and Im not going to use up a bunch of points for one measly all beef hotdog Ive been eating HC and they are good in taste but we like to eat two so 2pts a piece adds up. but Im all for buying something thats only 1pt. we eat 1pt bread anyway so its all good. Thanks for the suggestions! (they surely cant be more expensive!)

Tiff

JudyD Guest

Ball Park FF beef franks are really good, and they're 1 point. A lite 1 point bun with some turkey chili and 2% cheese. I'd say that's pretty good eatin'.
    In fact, I can eat 2 and feel great about it.

This is my husbands idea of cooking and let me tell you it was awsome. I was sick with a bad cold and he had to feed all 3 kids and him. The boys wanted hotdogs eggs and cheese with ketchup and carrots. So the boys told dad that the yolks go to them and the dog but mom dont eat them and I only eat 1 FF oscar dog. Well I got a 4 egg whites scrambled with chopped up hot dog and FF cheese with a little ketchup. I did not want to eat it but the kids ate there's and they went to a lot of hard work and it was super point friedly expecially since I had 18 pts left and it was late.My cold got to me. It was so good. I was amazed. Now ever since I buy the Oscar Myer FF hot dogs and eat them with egg whites. I do however eat salsa not ketchup

Replies

We had dogs last nite. I buy the Nature's Own wheat/no sugar buns which are 1 PT each, and Ball Park FF dogs. Last nite we just had 1 each w/relish, mustard and onions - had some pickles and FF chips - 3 PTS and I was full.

We also like to add turkey chili, and lite (2%) American cheese, jalapenos, mustard and onions for coneys - YUM!
    SW (2/11/05): 185.8

CW (4/12/05): 173.2

GOAL: 135 - 38.5 to go!

Hebrew National all beef 97% FF are only 1 point!

http://www.hebrewnational.com/index.jsp

Hebrew National's 97% Fat Free Kosher Beef Franks taste great even without all the fat. Our 97% Fat Free Franks are a favorite item with health conscious consumers- worth only 1 point on the Weight Watchers weight loss program. They are also certified by the American Heart Association heart check program.
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

I never ate hotdogs until we found these. I think an occassional one is so worth the points. I use a 1 point hotdog bun. They are Smith's all natural casing hot dogs. They are three points for a healthy size hot dog plus one for the bun. I know when I lived down south for a while though, they weren't available down there (but that was quite a few years ago).
    254/224/154

Radcliffe Guest

We eat BallPark FF franks and they are delicious - only 1 point!! I have a new recipie that I found at www.aimeesadventures.com that is SO good. You take a roll of Pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls, 8 fat free hot dogs and 4 slices of 2% American cheese. You cut the hot dogs in half length-wise to within 1/2 inch of the bottom (don't cut them totally in half, just a slit). Take 1/2 of a slice of cheese and fold it in half. Place the cheese into the slit in the hot dog. Wrap the dog/cheese in one crescent roll and back for 12-15 minutes!! They are delicious and only 4 points each!!!

Laura

Replies

Gina -- just had to tell you. I love these hot dogs. One day, I was making myself some lunch, Hebrew National Hot dogs with Pringles FF Potato Chips. Anyway, my oldest son was over to visit and so I asked him if he wanted a couple of hot dogs. He gobbled them up and said, "those were good, what kind are they?" He was surprised to find out that they were 97% Fat Free. Good thing I didn't tell him beforehand. They DO cost a little more, but I think they're worth it. I've tried the Ball Park kind, and they're o.k. . . but they just don't measure up after you've had Hebrew National.
    Last edited by judyjudyjudy; 05-05-2005 at 12:39 AM.
    ~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *
    (last updated - 03/25/07
    CW: 185
    Goal: 140

I'll confess...after hearing about Nathan's on this thread I found them at Walmart and bought a package. The family loves them and they're only 1 point! They've asked me not to buy the other brands anymore. Nathan's are a bit more expensive, but if everyone's happy - that's all that counts
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I buy the Oscar Meyer Lite Beef hotdogs and they are only 2 points. Nobody in my family can tell the difference.
    HW 220
    CW 134
    GW 129

18. Default Re: I miss having my hot dogs

I'm giggling over all the hot dog posts---I also was craving a hot dog [why-oh-why? I don't usually eat hot dogs!] so found some 1-point dogs at the grocery store. A bit of mustard, some low-fat mayo, some chopped onions, a whole wheat bun and I was moaning in happiness.

I couldn't find any 1-point buns, though--just 2-pointers.

Replies

mc cloud!! Just reading your post was making me hungry, guess cuz I haven't eaten breakfast yet. If you get a chance look for Hebrew National 97% FF. You'll LOVE THEM! And I think it's WONDER that put's out a light hot dog bun. I personally like Roman Meal buns even though they're 2 pts. They just taste better to me.
    Last edited by judyjudyjudy; 05-05-2005 at 12:40 AM.
    ~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *
    (last updated - 03/25/07

racegirl12 Guest

I really do enjoy the Oscar Meyer Fat Free, but I may try some of the others.

Replies

Actually, I look at hotdogs like I look at salad dressing. I'd rather have a little of the real thing rather than a compromised version. We don't eat hotdogs too often, but when we do, I'm sticking with my Wardynski's or Sahlen's, both local companies. I only eat one...slowly.

If I was to give a low fat version a try though, the Nathan's sound promising.
    It's time to try defying gravity!
    I think I'll try defying gravity!

Replies

I do like the Ball Park Turkey Franks. I only have them in the summer, with lots of relish and mustard on a 1 pt. roll. Sometimes I have some of those onion Tater Tots as well. And homemade coleslaw. Maybe a lite beer.

I love eating like this sometimes, after a New England winter of soups and chilis and other "warming" meals. I can make the salads ahead (or open a jar) and dish up a plate of yummy stuff to take to the deck without a lot of prep or planning.

I'm going to look for the Nathan's just to try something new.
    There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Replies

I have yet to find the Nathans lite dogs here in Eastern Ct. And the Ball Park Smoked Turkey franks have vanished from stores here. I hate beef hot dogs of any kind.

I finally found some different f/f Ball Parks that are pretty good. I thought I'd bump this up for the holiday weekend.

I get rolls that are marked a 100 calories but I simply cut the sides down and throw the excess away. Voila - 1 point roll, 99 cents per package.
    There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Replies

Have You tried Hebrew National 97% FF yet??? I'm telling you.....they're the best out there!
    ~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *
    (last updated - 03/25/07

Georgette Guest

I agree, I love Hebrew National 97% FF hot dog on a Wonder light bun or Van De Kamp Light bun. 2 pts for a hot dog and bun with some spicey brown mustard is plenty of taste for me.

Georgette
    HW-180
    SW-166
    CW-130.6
    GW-128

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast