Thread: Diet soda cake????

Momma Bird Guest

Talking Diet soda cake????

I keep hearing about this cake...that you just take boxed cake and add diet soda. Is that it? No eggs or anything else? How much soda should I add in? If anyone has made this, I would appreciate some tips. I want to make it tonight for my family. Thank you!

Default Re: Diet soda cake????

I put in a 12 oz can of diet soda. I hear that if youre making a dark color you should add a dark colored soda. If youre making a light color add a light colored soda. I made a lemon cake and added a diet sprite. You dont add any eggs nor any thing else.

It comes out very moist but it does tend to fall apart easily. I made it in the shape of a bundt cake.

Good luck!
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

jeannie962 Guest

Ok... here's the deal with the cake....

Buy regular CHOCOLATE cake mix. Just a box of it. Then get a CAN of DIET COKE (it MUST be a can and it MUST be diet coke... pepsi wont work....)

Then just mix the two ingredients together.... and follow the baking instructions on the box.

Serve with some cool whip light... and you've got a delicious dessert!!!

Replies

I just made a "cobbler" by using a recipe that my leader gave me. It calls for 2 16 oz. bags of frozen fruit ( I used a triple berry mix), a yellow cake mix and a can of diet Sprite. It was delicious and the portions were huge for three points.
    "Being happy does not mean every thing is perfect; it means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."
    SW 10/12/04:242
    CW:176.0 (lost 67 lbs total!)
    Reached Onederland 3/14/05
    GW:145
    www.picturetrail.com/xanadu1.
    Xan

Replies

I like the idea of the fruit cobbler. How big of a pan did you bake it in?

Diva

mom231966 Guest

I have not prepared this myself. My mother-in-law made this "better that s*x cake" and it was so good. No one could tell that it was "diet". I plan on making it soon. Go to this web site http://www.shadesofjaim.com/recipes/desserts.html

This web site has very interesting information, plus lots of recipes. She has many variations on the diet coke cake thing.

can you explain how you made the cobbler...please
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Me4Me Guest

I just made a diet soda cake the other day to celebrate my hubby's b-day. I used lemon cake and 12 oz. diet sierra mist. I didn't want to buy a ton of soda just for one can (neither myself or my hubby drink it often enough), so I just bought an individual bottle from the little coolers at the front of the store and measured out 12 ounces. It turned out wonderfuly, very moist and delicious.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I made mine in 2 8 inch cake pans and they turned out well. Just follow the baking instructions on the box.

That web site is awesome! Thanks mom231966!
    I noticed she used an egg white in most of the recipes - is it essential?
    I'm really busy but would like to try just the soda and cake mix.
    Also - on average - how many points / serving if it's just mix and soda? and how big is the serving?
    Thanks!
    N

Nan-see

Friday is WI!

Replies

If it's just the cake mix and soda, it's 3 points per slice and there is 12 slices per 9x13 pan.

Thanks so much for this link! It's awesome!
    Patience (11/1/11)
    Sean-8
    Sara-5
    Samantha-2
    314/302/180
    Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

Momma Bird Guest

Thank you guys so much! I am going to do this tonight!

Replies

I just made one! I used a Lemon cake mix with Diet Sierra Mist soda. I did what Me4Me did....measured out 12 ounces of the soda.

It's very delicious and yes it does fall apart easy. But...

Did anyone "treat" their pans first?? Mine stuck and I supposedly have no stick pans. But that's ok....we'll eat it anyway and next time maybe a spritz of Butter Flavored Pam.

I'm having a hard time keeping DS's fingers out of the cake pans!!!!!
    Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

Replies

Holy bejeezers.

I just made cupcakes out of one can of diet Coke and a box of devil's food cake mix.

I took 2 tbspns of extra-creamy Cool Whip for one point.

This is manna from heaven. WOW - these are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've found my favorite new low-point dessert. Well worth the 4 points I'm spending on it.
    Spatula Girl
    Mom to the world's tiniest tornado toddler boy!
    Restarted (for the last time!) - 4/30/07
    200/160.0/131/128
    SW/CW/GW/PG
    "Committed to spatulas in need all over the world!"

Replies

Talking Re: Diet soda cake????

I have found it really helps to spray your pans with nonstick spray and I also line the bottom with parchment and spray again. My cake never sticks and comes out easily. Today I made the chocolate with a 12 oz can of diet vanilla pepsi. Tastes good to me!
    Susan
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies

LAMOM - thanks for the tip. I totally forgot about my parchment paper. That will definately help.

I can see I'm going to have to stock up on cake mixes!!!
    Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

I was asked to make a "carrot cake" for Easter, but I wanted to also make it points friendly, since I LOVE carrot cake. Was going to use the soda idea, but which kind do you think I should use and any good ideas for icing it that my family will tolerate who are not on WW? please help me...
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

Replies

I know that most people use a Fat free cool whip- based frosting, like a 8 oz tub of cool whip and a package of sugar free fat free pudding mix of your choice mixed together.

If you can find it (I can't), someone here said that Kraft makes a cheesecake flavoured sf ff pudding mix, which would be great as a substitute for a cream cheese frosting.

When I make these cakes I just sprinkle some powdered sugar over it, or some cinnamon sugar and serve it with a dollop of the cool whip.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Replies

I don't come to this thread very often, so I didn't see the post requesting the recipe for the cobbler until today. Here it is. You make it in a 13x9 baking pan.

Spread the frozen fruit over the bottom of the pan. Pour the yellow cake mix across the fruit. Break up the big pieces. Then, pour the 12 oz. of diet Sprite all over the top of the mixture. Do nothing else to the cobbler. Put aluminum foil over the top and bake at 400 degrees for twenty minutes. After that time, take the foil off and bake for another 40 minutes or until desired crispiness of the topping. It makes 12 servings at 3 points each. Enjoy. I think I mentioned that I used two 16 oz. bags of triple berry fruit blend. My Mom just made it with 2 bags of frozen peaches.
    "Being happy does not mean every thing is perfect; it means you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."
    SW 10/12/04:242
    CW:176.0 (lost 67 lbs total!)
    Reached Onederland 3/14/05
    GW:145
    www.picturetrail.com/xanadu1.
    Xan

I have squite so I might try that and the fruit is also triple berry this sounds yummy.

Wow! Thanks for all the great recipes! The fruit cobbler sounds delicious.

Hubby and kids made mini muffins using diet squirt and white cake mix it was awsome everyone at Easter loved them.

1 box white cake 12 oz squit - what sip hubby drank
    mix all bake at 350 in cake pan or muffin tins.

The sf ff cheesecake pudding mix was not what you think. I do not think it tastes like cream cheese at all. It is on the bitter side. I am not sure it would be good on the carrot cake.