Thread: How much is a slice of pizza?

ariellasdaddy Guest

Default How much is a slice of pizza?

Now I know it depends on the thickness of the crust, the amount of cheese, the toppings, etc. but I'm talking about a regular cheese slice from a 14-inch pie. I've checked out the restaurant list and although I don't know any of the eateries (I eat strictly kosher) I've seen a range from 5-9 per slice. Anyone know for sure? Thanks!

Replies

Default Re: How much is a slice of pizza?

I'm pretty sure it's 5 points. I know from Papa Johns and Pizza Hut a single slice from a 14 inch pie is 5 points.
    Patience (11/1/11)
    Sean-8
    Sara-5
    Samantha-2
    314/302/180
    Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

Agreed, I would stick to 5 points. YUM
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

4. Default Re: How much is a slice of pizza?

This is what I do. I go to the restaraunt site. example: www.pizzahut.com then I go to the nutrition info. At pizza hut you can put in whatever pizza you want and it gives you complete nutrition info. Papa Johns also. Then I take the cal. fat and fiber and figure my points. I like thin crust veggi lovers and it is 4 points per slice for large pizza. HTH.

Replies

On another note, Pizza Hut has a new Reduced Fat pizza in my area, and it is great. I loved being able to get the nutritional info on the site before I placed my order for delivery online. My pizza worked out to 3-3.5 points per slice and was so worth it.

Enjoy!
    Emma
    5'1"
    SW 154.0
    CW 154.0
    GW 125

6. Default Re: How much is a slice of pizza?

I wonder if they use low fat cheese? Or how they make it lower fat? I am going to have to try some for sure.

I wonder also. I love pizza and I hate cheese but together I can eat 4 slices

Although take out pizza is convenient, you can make lower point versions at home with flat bread and fresh toppings. It takes about 10 minutes to bake and is well worth the taste. It's also a lot more fun
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

patrick40nyc Guest

try makeing it with fat free moz and fresh tomatos and get the doe from a pizzaria its about 2-3 points a slice depending on how thick you make it i like to make it thin and i add brocoli and vegs usully

I don't know if there are any pizza places in your neck of the woods with this option, but a local place in my neck of the woods makes a whole wheat low fat pizza (whole wheat crust, FF or low fat mozzarella, and veges). We've calculated the points value to be 4 points a slice.

patrick40nyc Guest

no not realy when i make it at home i like to make it thin and the slices are half the size of ones from a pizza place the non fat moz is like 30cal per 2 ounces and the tomatos are 0 so all i realy count is the bread it cant be more then 3 points put some fresh vegies on it 2 makes it good

Replies

Every once in a while I treat myself to a slice from a regular pizzeria - 18 inch pie and count it as 9 points, and worth every one. Then I just eat lower point foods the rest of the day.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

I just started work last week. I am a supervisor for the school districk here. I am on my feet walking 3 hrs no brake an well last night I dove in to a pizza from pizza hut. It had everything on it hand toss crust and I ate 2 slices. Tonight I made the no pudge brownies and hubby ate half the pan the kids had 1 oldest 2 me 2 Here I am I just drank 32 oz of water because I was super thirsty. Gosh I have no clue what is happening. I want to go search for more pizza. DO ya think TOM makes people grave pizza.

patrick40nyc Guest

i am from ny staten island to be exact if you are ever in the area stop at denino's pizza it was rated best in staten island in the new york daily news its very thin crusted pizza and the pies are a bit smaller then your ave reg pizza slice they dont use alot of cheese so its about 5 points if you are in the NYC area then you have to check out lombardie's thats ny 1st pizzaria ever there pizza is the same light and thin .. i want to go get pizza now !

I am still stuck on pizza and I can't get over it. I wanted it again tonight. Isnt that a strange craving. Scaring me.

PIZZA, PIZZA, PIZZA

Quote Originally Posted by momof3rugratz
    I am still stuck on pizza and I can't get over it. I wanted it again tonight. Isnt that a strange craving.
    Strange to me especially since you hate cheese. Making your own at home? How many points is the crust? Making your own crust or buying it? If buying it, what kind are you using?

I ordered pizza hut So am not sure how much it was. I think I had 20 pts worth of just pizza.