Thread: New MC recipes to download free

Default New MC recipes to download free

For all you Master Cook afficionados, have I got news for you! I have found a bunch of websites that have MXP files ready to download into MC. There are thousands upon thousands of recipes. I will post the sites AFTER I download and make sure that there are no problems getting the recipes into my system.

The first is Angie's Recipe Site. She has several cookbooks compiled. Some are in MC format and some in Meal Master. I have downloaded the MC books and found the following errors:

In the "Cookies" cookbook, there are 22 duplicated recipes. You can either delete the duplicates or leave them in.

In the "Cheesecakes" cookbook, these recipes are in Meal Master format, not MC.

I downloaded all the cookbooks because you can always copy the Meal Master recipes to a cd and choose the ones you want to manually add to MC.

Here is the link to her site:

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/5010/

The second site that I downloaded this evening is BBQ Archives. Scroll down the page until you come to a section called

The archive is in two parts

You have to click them both to get all the recipes and they loaded just fine.

Here is that site:

http://www.eaglequest.com/%7Ebbq/bbq-recipe-archive/

I hope that you enjoy these recipes and I will post more as I get them downloaded into my program!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Default Re: New MC recipes to download free

Great sites, CG, thank you! Noticed inside several of the zip files it's a txt file only, some have MC files and txt. That's handy for those that don't have Mastercook.

I'd also mention this site: http://www.madsrecipes.com/ for two reasons. There is a Free Viewer for those that don't have Mastercook. They can open the MC cookbook files and copy the recipes to WordPad for printing, I'm told they don't print well from the viewer itself. Scroll down on the left to see the link for the "Free Recipe File Viewer".

And, Mad's site has a TON of recipes in Mastercook format for downloading. Those in the "Healthy Living" book are WW recipes, includes points too in the Notes section but of course, being the tweakers we are, we'd be adding wheat and oat bran and subbing out all that sugar with Splenda and using applesauce instead of oil.

Thanks Frisky. I went to Madds shortly after getting the MC8 upgrade and am still playing with the thousands of recipes I downloaded. I didn't think to mention that site because I thought that everyone else already knew about it. I should know better. It is better to keep giving the same info in case someone hasn't seen it yet than to withhold it.

I have a couple more sites to add to the list today and will post them in a new thread. Thanks again.
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Thanks for the BBQ link. I love pulling out the gas grill for the warmer weather and getting that good smokin' flavor going on!

Glenn

Talking Re: New MC recipes to download free

Wow thanks for all of these sites. I have looked at some but there are lots of them. great sites
    SW-362
    CW-327
    GW-160
    Been having a slight gain for the past 3 weeks
    Im still hanging in there
    - 35lbs lost forever
    Made my first 10% today 5/25/05

~*SARA*~

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life

Thanks CB!
    Dawn
    215.8/199.5/125