Thread: Peanut Butter?

Replies

Question Peanut Butter?

I really like peanut butter but the kind I'm using now (Jif Reduced Fat) is 5 pts for 2 Tbsp. I was wondering if anyone could give me a tip on a peanut butter that has less points?
    ~Amanda~
    SW: 263.4 (BMI= 42.5)
    CW: 183.8 (BMI= 29.7)
    WWGW: 155.0 (BMI=25.0)
    PGW: 145.0 (BMI= 23.4)

My Pics Etc.

klerisa Guest

Default Re: Peanut Butter?

There is a peanut butter that's whipped. I "think" it's Jif. But it's really hard to find (at least for me). My peanut butter is 4 pts. I havent seen any better than that (other than the whipped I've heard about). I do know that I continue to eat my peanut butter cuz it's a better fat/oil to consume than candy bars, etc.

Peter Pan makes the whipped. It's 2T for 3.5 points. Not worth it if Regular AND RF PB is 4pts for 2T.
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

I agree---whipped is not worth it. i would go with a good reduced fat brand like JIF. Wal Mart's great value brand of rf is NOT good.
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130

Compare the labels. I used to buy the reduced fat but not now. Regular full fat has less sugar and carb grams than the reduced fat. For the fraction of a point difference, I buy the regular, extra chunky when I can get it.

Replies

Frisky is right my leader was looking at my journal and she told me the next time I buy PB buy the regular..it is the same point for regular and RF and there is a big difference in taste..
    Donna

Replies

Cool Re: Peanut Butter?

dear readers who love peanut butter

i have everymorning and somethimes at night if my points alow me to is the kraft brand name and it chocolat peanut butter flavor and its onlu two points for one tsp and its my favorite and love it on my toast,i also take it when i have a major craving for chocolat.

klerisa Guest

Quote Originally Posted by javaness
    its onlu two points for one tsp
    You mean you only get one teaspoon for 2 points?

I'll stick with my regular peanut butter at two tablespoons for 4 pts. There aer 3 teaspoons in one table spoon. If I ate yours, I'd have to use 12 points!!! 6 tsp = 2 Tbsp. 6 x 2pts = 12 pts total.

Come to think of it, are you sure you mean teaspoon?

Replies

I use the Jif reduced fat......but I have learned that I can use a fraction of the amount that I used to and still get the great flavor.

I measure out 1 TBSPand then lick the spoon.......but it's worth evey point.
    SUE
    Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)
    Restart 3/31/09
    222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Replies

Smile Re: Peanut Butter?

I stopped buying the Reduced Fat peanut butter because I learned that it was the same amount of points for both. If you'll notice on the Reduced Fat jar it says serving size 1 TBSP, and on the Regular jar it says serving size 2 TBSP. One TBSP of Regular is still only 2 points....if you can live with having only 1 TBSP .

Pam
    Lost 75lbs on WW so far!!
    CW - 199
    WW Goal - 158
    Personal Goal -- 150

Replies

For me......it's not only about the points....it's about the fat content and nutrition and taste. The rf pb oftenr have less fat but more sugar and/or salt. It's a trade off.

I like the rf pb just as well as the regular, so for me it's an easy choice to pick the one with less fat.

I can understand that other folks find the taste different. It's like diet vs regular pop.
    SUE
    Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)
    Restart 3/31/09
    222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Quote Originally Posted by javaness
    dear readers who love peanut butter

i have everymorning and somethimes at night if my points alow me to is the kraft brand name and it chocolat peanut butter flavor and its onlu two points for one tsp and its my favorite and love it on my toast,i also take it when i have a major craving for chocolat.
    Wow, I haven't seen this but it sounds great. There is no way I could keep this in my house, though, b/c choc and peanut butter is like my number 1 trigger. Congrats on your discipline with limiting it!
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130