Thread: Veggie point help please!!

AmandaAK Guest

Default Veggie point help please!!

If a veggie is 0pts, and say the serving is 1cup, if I eat more than 1 cup, when do I start adding points?

Thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Veggie point help please!!

Some say veggies are 0, period. Others figure they need to add a point if they exceed 5 servings. Lettuce at 15 calories a cup is 0 points to me even if I eat a whole pound.

If you're not having losses like you think you should, then you might want to look a little harder at the veggie servings. Until then, eat up, my opinion only of course.

AmandaAK Guest

Thank you Frisky!

Replies

I don't count my veggies period.......it's never slowed my weight loss...in fact, the times I've really eaten a lot of veggies is when I've had the biggest losses. I figure I didn't get fat from eating too many veggies.

Ann
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

I am with Frisky, I don't count zero point veggies, but have read that if you experience a stall, you might want to take a look at how many zero point veggies you are eating.
    254/224/154

AmandaAK Guest

Thanks Ladies, I'll just keep eating them as "free" food, and if I gain, I'll start counting.

Replies

I agree with the other buddies...it's all about balance. Here's a great article from WW that sums it up nicely:

Q: How much of a really low calorie food like vegetables can I eat before I have to worry that they'll cause me to gain weight?

A: While most people won't gain weight from eating a few extra pieces of broccoli or Brussels sprouts, I do know some people who blame their excessive crudités and salsa habit for their inability to lose weight.

Wow! Can baby carrots really be a prohibitive factor to weight loss? I'd say it's unlikely for most – I'd blame a lack of exercise, super-sized meal portions and excessive snacking instead – but mindlessly finish off a pound bag of baby carrots everyday and you can add nearly 200 calories to your daily caloric intake.

Two hundred calories a day times 7 days a week adds up. In fact, eat that many calories over what your body requires every day and you can gain almost 2 pounds a month!

So if you're competing with the rabbits and having a difficult time losing weight, you may want to cut back a bit. All foods contain calories. It's quantity that's key. That helps explan why 1 cup of cooked cauliflower contains no POINTS® values, but 6 cups will cost you three.
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln