Thread: Cinnamon Toast- 1pt.

Default Cinnamon Toast- 1pt.

Hi-
    Sometimes the most simple WW friendly recipe is staring you right in the face and it takes you years to figure it out (or at least me).

A great, simple breakfast consists of:

Thomas' Light English Muffin - 1pt.
    Spray both halfs with spray butter (I prefer Olivio to ICBINB)
    Sprinkle with cinnamon and a packet of Splenda
    Toast in the toaster oven until browned.

If you want a heartier version, try the WW Bagels for 3 pt's. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's equally good and more statisfying! Enjoy!

Default Re: Cinnamon Toast- 1pt.

that's really not enough points to start the day... for efficient metabolic activity, and for better weight loss, you really should consume somewhere in the vicinity of 1/3 of your daily POINTS or calories at breakfast.

I hope you round this muffin off with a piece of fruit and a glass of milk or a yogurt.
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

It's a good point you make with regards to consuming more points at breakfast. I don't typically eat only a 1pt. breakfast, but I must admit that on the days that I think I'll need more points for later in the day, breakfast is usually the meal I tend to skimp on. It's probably not wise and could be part of the reason that even on low point days, I'm not experiencing a weight loss.

I still do the Winning Points plan and have between 18-23 points/ day. I tend to try and stay on the low end of that range when possible, so eating 1/3 of my overall points at breakfast may not be realistic as that would have me eating 6 pts/ meal and I usually need more than that for dinner.

Thanks for your post, you helped to make me realize that in trying to keep my points low at breakfast, I may actually be impeding my weight loss. Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to see those things...

Quote Originally Posted by Julez
    It's probably not wise and could be part of the reason that even on low point days, I'm not experiencing a weight loss.

I still do the Winning Points plan and have between 18-23 points/ day. I tend to try and stay on the low end of that range when possible, so eating 1/3 of my overall points at breakfast may not be realistic as that would have me eating 6 pts/ meal and I usually need more than that for dinner.

Just a quick thought---are you sticking with winning points because you have tried flex and it didn't work for you? I know different plans work for different people, but 18-20 points is a very low caloric intake, especially if you are doing this most of the time. THIS could be the reason you are not experiencing the losses that you want. If I'm not mistaken, this is why the points went up with the new program. I lost sooo slowly on winning points and was hungry most of the time. Just my experience! I know that this topic was not about your weight-loss strategy. YOU know what works for you.

And thanks for the cinnamon toast "recipe." I LOVE cinnamon toast but I haven't had it in forever. May try it tomorrow.

P.S. Also, french toast (my childhood favorite) is not too bad at all if you use 1 egg, 2 egg whites, 2 slices of light bread, and lite syrup. Pretty good comfort food!
    Christena
    SW: 193
    CW: 193
    GW: 130