Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Replies

Default Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

My cousin, who has lost 45 pounds on WW, told me about a great cake recipe that she makes every week for her family.

I haven't tried it yet - so I hope it is as good as she says - but I thought I'd share.

She takes a regular chocolate cake mix, and pours an entire can of Diet Coke into the mix, and stirs it til it is smooth. She then bakes it according to the box directions.

If she uses a regular yellow cake mix, she pours in an entire can of Diet. Mountain Dew. Bakes according to box directions.

It comes out to about 3-4 points per serving. A nice treat for dessert. She says her hubby and son can't tell the difference. She puts icing on theirs, but not on hers.

Good luck! I plan to try it myself soon.
    Shannon
    ---

Original SW: 181.4
    End weight (June 06): 155

Restart: 9/13/06
    Restart Weight: 179
    CW
    - 171.6 (-7.4)
    GW - 155 (by christmas 06)
    GW - 145 (final goal)

Replies

Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I have made this several times! I spread free Cool Whip on the top when it's cool.. it tastes sooooo good! I've also made cupcakes... really delish!
    Patience (11/1/11)
    Sean-8
    Sara-5
    Samantha-2
    314/302/180
    Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

We just made this at Christmas. It was wonderful! It was supposed to be for me while the others ate cheesecake, but it was so good that about 6 others had it, too. It was gone by the end of the night. We spread FF cool whip on the top. 1/12 of a 9x13 pan with 2 tbl. of FF Cool Whip is just 3 points.
    Kim

SW:231.6 (Sept. 21, 2004)
    lowest weight:133.4
    CW: 169
    GW:155 (Made Lifetime Nov. of 2005)

I've made these before and they are great! I got to thinking that these would probally be good with holes poked in them and f/f s/f jello poured over this and then refrig and when set ice thinly with f/f cool whip. If you only used one box of jello you wouldn't even need to count the points @ serving cause the jello would be 0 pts, only the cake points would matter. Happy New Year to all. Let's get healthy in 2005. God Bless All!! Jane :angel
    I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!
    S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03
    Working my way back to goal !!

I'd play around with flavour combos - cherry soda/chocolate cake (could be topped with SF cherry pie filling!), orange soda/vanilla cake, cream soda/vanilla cake, etc., etc. The possibilities are limitless!:angel
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies

My leader told me today that yellow cake and Diet Mt Dew Code Red is really good. I'm off to try it!
    Sharon

theleffews Guest

Dumb question. Do you still make the cake with the ingredietns that are marked on the box and then add the coke? And then bake it?

Nope!! Just use the cake mix and the selected diet pop and mix!! Hope that this helps!
    ~~~Steph~~~
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

theleffews Guest

Great, Thank You!

jeremysmom Guest

This was great!! I used choc. cake and diet pepsi because that's what I had on hand. I can't wait to try out new combo's. The family like it too, didn't even know it was WW friendly. It's more like a science experiment...it was great fun!!!

I mixed a strawberry cake with a Diet Sprite and it was great. I could have easily eaten too much.

Lori

NewMeIn2003 Guest

This sounds great. I will definately try this cake. Thanks

Janet

NewMeIn2003 Guest

That sounds great. I will try it.

thanks

Janet

strohrl Guest

Talking Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

thankyou so much ladies! this sounds like fun! and very easy! so you say 3 points per cupcake? I am new and just starting. I think that I will try the strawberry and sprite today!

CKone Guest

Has anyone compared this recipe to the one where you add a can of pumpkin? I checked and the points are the same, I'm just wondering if it tastes different or if the texture is different. I usually make the pumpkin version, but I'll have to try the soda version and see. Although I would think that the pumpkin version adds more nutritional value then the soda one. Any opinions? Oh, and I guess the soda version would be cheaper!

Here is a question. How do you make the one with pumpkin? I have heard or seen people talk about it but never seen the recipe for it. TIA!!
    ~~~Steph~~~

CKone Guest

1 15 oz can of pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix) and 1 box of cake mix. Mix and bake according to the box. (no more ingredients, just the mix and the pumpkin) Very moist and tasty. I've made it with Yellow, chocolate and carrot cake and its just great! I make frosting from splenda, or for the carrot cake I use FF cream cheese and marshmallow fluff and man is it ever good. I usually make the cake into Mini muffins and it makes about 48 give or take which makes them 1 point poppers! And, when they are fresh from the oven I put frozen FF whipped cream on them, very low point and tastey!

Oh thank you so much!! Tomorrow is grocery day so I will be picking up some cake mixes!! Thanks alot for the info! I am always up for nice and easy things to make!!
    ~~~Steph~~~

Replies

I just made this with a chocolate cake mix and diet cherry/vanilla Dr. Pepper...WOW! It is soooo good, even my kids like it!!
    Just what the dr. ordered for a chocolate craving!!
    Yummy!
    5'3"
    HW: 179
    CW: 148.0
    WWG: 132
    PGW: 127

Selena

CKone Guest

Made the chocolate cake with diet pepsi, topped it with ff frozen whipped cream, sliced bananas and blackberries, drizzled a little low cal chocolate syrup on top and man was it ever good! I love fresh fruit and whipped cream on the cake. It made it a very light, but satisfying desert. I've got some diet cherry vanilla dr pepper at home, might try that next!

Replies

Made the diet soda cake with lemon cake mix and diet mountain dew. I wanted something special for Valentine's Day so I poked holes and poured raspberry jello atop. It was very good but rather wet. I don't think the jello was the culprit I think the cake was just really moist. Next time I think I'll try cooking it on a lower heat and cooking it longer. My DD loved it though. I served it was FF coolwhip but I liked it better without the cool whip. Maybe I'll make it again with lemon seltzer and strawberry jello. I like a really tangy lemon taste and the Mt. dew made it really sweet. Any suggestions out there.
    Susan
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I made this last night in the form of cupcakes. I got 18 nice sized cupcakes at 2.6 points each. However, I was disappointed in the texture. The flavor was good and i am certain they were fully baked. They were so fluffy they fell apart. When I ate one, they melted in your mouth so fast...the texture was as if they were raw. Is this correct? If not, what could I have done wrong??
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

Replies

GigiBeans1, I find that they fall apart easily as well, but mine come out very dense. It may depend on the cake mix you use, I'm not sure.

My problem was that I made this recipe in a decorative heart shaped pan, but it got stuck in the pan and came out in pieces in some places and had to be pulled out in others. I wound up shredding it into pieces for a trifle. The solution next time may be to turn the pan upside down to cool the cake, as I read somewhere about this recipe but too late for my cake. :sob:
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

pinkbaby Guest

Thumbs up Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I read this post and had to try it out for myself. Boy was it good! Except I didnt have diet coke, so I used a chocolate cake mix and a can of diet A&W root beer. When I was mixing it it looked too thick, so I added about 2-3 tbsp of water, and sprinkled Splenda on the pan and on top the cake, wow, it was delicious! I didn't even need any topping because you could taste a little hint of the root beer. It was really good!

25. Talking Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

LA Mom~

You asked about variations on this recipe. I have one that I love!!

1 white cake mix or lemon

12 oz diet sprite

mix together and bake @ 350 for 35-45 min. (I use Bundt pan)

After cake is done (allow it to cool a bit so it doesnt stick) while it is still warm, poke holes in top (FYI- Spray fork w/Pam) and pour over the following mixture: (i use about 1/2 to 3/4 of mixture so it doesnt get soggy)

1 cup cold water

1 cup hot water

1 box instant SF FF lemon Jello

Then, put it in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then frost with the following:

1 cup milk
    1 box sf ff instant vanilla pudding
    1 box ff sf lemon jello
    1 8oz tub of cool whip (lite or FF)
    combine dry mixes well, add milk and use mixer to blend well. fold in cool whip slowly with mixer.

I think it is 2-3 points per slice if you cut it into 22 slices. (Bundt Pan)
    ENJOY! I know I do!!

Page 1 of 6 12 ... LastLast