Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

1. Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Quote Originally Posted by redbyrd
    Well I made the cake but there's no way it will make it to church.....it tears up just touching it. I hadn't heard that part!!! It was delicious though.
    Redbyrd, just bake in a 9x13 pan and top with cool whip and maybe a dusting of cocoa. It cuts nicely into squares when cool.

Replies

Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I often make mine into cupcakes- last night it was lemon cake with lemon soda again.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Has anyone tried this with the diet/caffeine free soda? I made mine with Diet Pepsi & chocolate cake & it turned out great. My mom used chocolate also but used Diet & Caff free pepsi & it turned out flat. She thinks she may not have mixed it enough. Any ideas on what the reason could be?
    Thanks!
    :dog: Jennifer
    SW 225
    CW 198.8
    GW 145
    Oh boy, it's been awhile since I've posted!! Getting back on track!

tracijean Guest

I made this with Devil's Food cake mix and Diet Cheerwine (a cherry soda) and MAN is it delicious. I made it in cupcakes, though, and it totally fell apart. I'm not complaining - it still tastes good! Any tips for helping it not to fall apart, though?

Hello all,

I just wanted to post these combinations that I found online:

Diet Soda Cake Combinations / Serving Ideas:

orange cake /diet Mountain Dew
    cherry chip cake / A& W diet Cream soda
    diet lemon + lemon;
    angel or yellow cake/orange diet pop
    diet peach with white cake
    spice cake/ diet lemon-lime pop
    diet ginger ale + white
    diet cherry sodas in chocolate cake
    Diet cola + devils food or chocolate mix
    diet vanilla coke in chocolate cake
    devils food cake with diet Vanilla coke
    diet root beer with chocolate cake
    diet cherry coke with chocolate cake
    marble cake + diet cream soda

GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE

One box German Chocolate cake mix
    12 oz. diet coke or diet dr. pepper
    1 small box sf/ff butterscotch pudding
    1 3/4 c. skim milk
    1/4 c. flaked coconut
    1/4 c. chocolate chips and/or chopped pecans (optional)

Mix cake mix and diet soda thoroughly, pour into a pam-sprayed 9x13 pan, bake as directed on package. While still some what warm remove from pan and put on serving plate. Poke holes in top of cake. Prepare pudding with the milk and before fully set pour gently over top of cake. While still wet sprinkle coconut and, if desired, chocolate chips and pecans. Refrigerate and allow to set for a few hours before serving.

Special Notes:
    The pudding is a decent substitute for the usually decadent coconut/pecan icing. Since you are just sprinkling them on top you don't need too much.

Makes 18 Servings: 3 Points per Serving

Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

losing it this time Guest

My ww leader told us to mix 11 oz diet big red and 1 box french vanilla cake mix. Do not add any other ingredients. Bake in bundt pain according to cake box directions. Top with fat free cool whip and garnish with sliced strawberries. She said it was 2 points per slice.

I made this recipe last week with a 9x13 cake pan (I don't have a bundt pan) and it was wonderful! I counted mine as 12 servings at 4 points a piece (or 24 pieces at 2 points each). My husband and 10 year old loved it--and so did I! It is very WW points friendly. I lost 6 lbs last week and ate cake, too!

Callistarose Guest

Thumbs up Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Thanks for posting this! My Daughter has been talking about eating mommy's bday cake. lol I will make this after I experiment and actually be able to eat my bday cake this year!

I just made up the diet soda cake for my step-son's and my birthday cake. I used Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper and chocolate cake. It is so yummy!!! I had heard to use an egg white to keep it from tearing. I also made them as cupcakes so I can worry less about tearing and portion control.

...so, did the egg white work to keep it from tearing apart ???
    PLEASE LET US KNOW !!!
    "The Bible says "Glorify God in your body" ...therefore, I want to be : Thin4HIM
    WILLPOWER = turn Your Will over to HIS POWER !

Replies

This sounds absolutely yummy!!

I'm thinking you could also add a half cup of eggbeaters or similar to the cake mix to help hold it together and that would only add 1 point to the whole cake.
    Beth

I made this cake with strawberry cake mix and 1 can of diet sprite. I 'frosted' it with a tub of cool whip lite. It equaled out to about 3 points per piece, and it was SO yummy I ended up eating the whole thing in 2 days!! Now I only bake this cake for a gathering when there will be lots of people there, so there won't be tons leftover to tempt me. Definitely a yummy treat, and no one I've made it for has ever been able to tell it is 'light' unless I've told them!
    Kacy

I made devil's food cake with cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin. IT WAS DELICIOUS! Has anybody tried that???
    TLC
    "Be like a postage stamp, stick to something until you get where you are going..."
    Starting date: 8-15-05
    SW: 197.4
    10% target: 19
    CW: 181.0
    "You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there."
    www.picturetrail.com/kimjomom

I have tried this several different ways. Our favorite is the Orange cake mix with diet orange sunkist soda and for the topping whip cream mixed with sf, ff orange jello mix then spread on the cake, The jello mix adds no extra points! I have done this with chocolate cake, diet pepsi cherry and then the topping is black cherry jello with the cool whip---hands down one of the best desserts!

I wonder if this would work well with other baking mixes, such as brownie or muffin/quick bread. I realize you'd probably use less soda.

Does anyone know?

slm139 Guest

a friend on weight watchers had a ladies night.. she served cupcakes made with a chocolate cake mix and a can of diet cherry/vanilla coke.. the cupcakes were made as follows. fill cupcake about 1/3 full, then put a spoonful of lite cherry pie filling and finish with more cake mix on top.. the cherries cook inside and this was sooooo good. NO ONE knew it was low cal!!

sherry

I used 2 cups diet coke, with devils food cake mix and two egg whites. That made 24 cupcakes approximately 1.7 points each. They held together beautifully, but they turned out flat...anyone else have this problem with diet coke?

Replies

My cupcakes and cakes have always come out flat with this recipe, but I'm usually pretty grateful for that since it makes then easier to frost.

Maybe adding a little more baking powder to the mix might help..
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

18. Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I just made some for a gathering I went to recently. I made strawberry w/ diet 7-up, and added one egg white. I used a mini muffin pan and made mini cupcakes. They did not fall apart at all...not sure if it is because of the egg white, or the small size. I topped them with a dollop of ff Cool Whip and a strawberry slice. They were DELISH!!!
    Carrie

SW - 215 (1/3/05)
    CW - 191
    GW - 140

1st 10% - 194 (3/14/06)
    2nd 10% - 175 by 5/31/06

This was so great!! My hubby couldn't even tell a difference and he laughed at me and thought I was nuts putting soda in cake mix! Haha! Thanks!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

Krystal77 Guest

OMG!! I just made cupcakes yesterday using Duncan Hines Devil's Food mix and Diet Coke. They were very moist and my whole family loved them!! Thanks so much for posting this recipe! Definitely a keeper!

Question: If you make this recipe using cupcakes, what are the pts per cupcake?? Do I just need to calculate it by the info on the cake box?? I hope not b/c it was thrown away! Help!!!!

Rubydoo Guest

I realize that there are a lot of replies to this posting, but I still have to comment.
    I made my mom's birthday cake this weekend w/ a can of Diet Pepsi and a chocolate cake mix. I did add one egg beater, just to hold it together better. My family tends to like rich desserts, so I added to a a few chocolate chips to the batter. Then after I baked it, I poked the cake w/ a fork, and poured a little bit of chocolate Hershey's syrup (FF)on the cake. I topped it w/ FF Cool Whip and drizzled a little bit more syrup on it. It looked beautiful. My family loved it and all asked how I made it. THey were totally ammazed. And basically everyone had two pieces of cake that night too. I felt like I really splurged...but I didn't....really!

this sounds great! how many portions would you get out of one cake mix in a square 9x9 inch pan? and how many points per serving? and how many points in ff cool whip? thanks!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by judygirl
    this sounds great! how many portions would you get out of one cake mix in a square 9x9 inch pan? and how many points per serving? and how many points in ff cool whip? thanks!
    You'll have to figure this one out yourself, based on the cake mix you use (they can vary quite a bit by brand) and into how many pieces you cut the cake. How much FF Cool Whip you use will also affect the points.

There's no way for us to tell you any of these things because there are too many variables, you just have to use the nutritional info provided and your slider.
    Jeannette

trying this today will let you know how it turns out. I used strawberry cake mix and diet sprite.
    Nikki
    SW 230.6(01/15/11)
    CW 199.9(1/20/12)

I can't make this anymore!!! It is too good and too tempting to make. I made mine with Duncan Hines cake mix in a 9x13 pan and cut into 12 squares. But when I calculated points, it came out to 4pts. What kind did everyone else use that was 3pts?
    Nikki
    SW 230.6(01/15/11)
    CW 199.9(1/20/12)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast