Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

These are great...I made mine with fresca and lemon cake mix in mini muffin pans - it comes out to about 3 point for 4 of them or one point each...It's hard not to eat too many...They were so moist some fell apart when I took them out of the pan...I had to eat those...but I counted every one.
    Kelley

HW/SW/CW/WWG/PGW
    184/169/151.0/155/149

WWG 11/02/05

Question Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Exact points for this "diet coke cake", Please ??
    If i use a 9X13 pan, how many squares (servings)
    and how many pt. per square ??
    "The Bible says "Glorify God in your body" ...therefore, I want to be : Thin4HIM
    WILLPOWER = turn Your Will over to HIS POWER !

Replies

12 servings per 9x13 pan at 3 points each.
    Patience (11/1/11)
    Sean-8
    Sara-5
    Samantha-2
    314/302/180
    Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

Patience26 -
    Thank you so much !
    Plan to try it soon.
    "The Bible says "Glorify God in your body" ...therefore, I want to be : Thin4HIM
    WILLPOWER = turn Your Will over to HIS POWER !

Replies

The points can vary based on the cake mix you use, though. I use a mix that works out to be 2.4 points per slice, so it might be worth pointing the cake mix and go by that.

Just my 2 cents worth.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

patrick40nyc Guest

i think i have made it with every diet soda known to man the best one was this black cherry soda from pathmark its 25 cents a can works great in the cake

Replies

Ok...I don't have a 9x13 pan. I have 2 - 8" round. What kind of points am I looking at now??
    Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

If you cut it into 12 slices, it'd still be 3 points - regardless of the shape...
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Replies

I was in the middle of saying "I'll cut each cake into 6 pieces" when I fat fingered it and lost my post!!!

Thanks Dutchess for the help!!!!!
    Linda -

2014 is going to be MY year to get healthier and thinner!!

Replies

Let me just say that I made this cake for dessert tonight for my family. It was dee-lish! I used chocolate cake with a diet coke w/ cherry. So yummy. You could taste a hint of cherry with the chocolate. I am going to try many variations of this cake. Thanks for posting this recipe!
    Becca

Try the diet orange or the diet rite tange or something like that and a white cake mix with a hint of vanilla in that. My family loves it.

Replies

That sounds good. I will try that one next week. Thanks for the idea!
    Becca

Replies

I've been making these as cup cakes using diet blueberry soda (disgusting to drink) and white cake mix. Even my husband eats them. This has got to be one of the best recipes ever!!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Try a diet peach soda (I know someone out there makes it I just can't think of who right now) and yellow cake mix. I like to top with a little FF cool whip and slices of peach. It is really yummy! I was recently told a good alternative to this is to place 1 bag of frozen peaches in the bottom of the cake pand and then pour the mix over top. I haven't tried it yet but I plan to soon.

Me4Me Guest

Would this method work for Angel Food Cake Mix?

momof3rugratz....I had made this cake b4...but I recently tried your idea...I used a can of diet orange soda and I used a white cake....It was delicious! I am going to experiment with other flavors.

Me4Me...only one way to find out if it works with the angel food cake...try it and let us know!

hehe...you can be our experimenting baker!
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

Me4Me Guest

Someone mentioned diet peach soda...well, Diet Rite makes all sorts of different flavored sodas that I'm sure would make fantastic cakes.

shannon35 Guest

Why is it that I have NOT made this before???? I have seen the recipe countless times before, and just came across it as I was searching here for new recipes. I am definitely picking up supplies at the store and making a cake this weekend! Now just to decide what flavor will go best with my beloved Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper.

Shannon

19. Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Can anyone tell me what it would be made with Regular Soda? I know Diet is the best, but I am allergic to the artificial sweeteners in most, and I'm trying to keep my kids free of them as well. I'll try the Splenda sodas, but I'm just curious to know the point difference between the two.

Thanks!
    Julie

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Start Date 5/9/05
    5'9"
    SW-255/CW-238/GW-160
    Total lbs. conquered - 17!

Replies

Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke

I made a devils food with diet pepsi that was wonderful topped with free cool whip and sf strawberry jam that was also free. Pretty good snack for 3 points. spiced it up a bit for the hubby with a little dribble of hershey syurp and cool whip. He said it was the best.

21. Thumbs up Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I made a Devil's Food with Jones Black Cherry Sugar Free soda (made with Splenda) yesterday. It was the best! It had a hint of cherry flavor and was so rich and moist that it didn't even need coolwhip. My kids thought it was brownies, but they loved it! Even DH didn't realize that it was "diet cake". Thanks so much, I've gotten a ton of great recipes from this site!
    Julie

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Start Date 5/9/05
    5'9"
    SW-255/CW-238/GW-160
    Total lbs. conquered - 17!

Question Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

I've heard about these forever, but never made one. We are kicking off our Bible School this Sunday with lunch after church. I was thinking about using a butter pecan mix & Diet Sierra Mist. Do you think the Sierra Mist would be good or should I use something else. Also, was thinking of topping with FF Cool Whip. Does anyone have any better suggestion for the butter pecan? Thanks.:bcbsalute

cgwoolf Guest

Ok, I've made 3 of these cakes over the last few months...and they were yummy but they just fell apart when trying to get out of either bundt pan or oblong cake pan or 2 8" rounds. How do you keep them together? I ended up putting them in large tupperware - all crumbled chunks of cake and serving them in bowls with ff cool whip - tasty but certainly not pretty.

Arrow Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

Well I made the cake but there's no way it will make it to church.....it tears up just touching it. I hadn't heard that part!!! It was delicious though.

25. Default Re: Cake with Diet Coke or Diet Mt. Dew

This is awesome! DD and I are both doing WW and I made this cake tonight for her birthday. I used a choc cake mix and diet pepsi. We had it with FF cool whip at 3 pts a slice. Everyone loved it, even my sons, who are suspicious of anything WW!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast