Thread: Breakfast Cookie Clone

Red face Breakfast Cookie Clone

Hi. I haven't been here in a long while. I am rejoining WW soon and I remember seeing a clone recipe here. I do not know how to access this recipe. Can anyone help? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

Default Re: Breakfast Cookie Clone

I'm not sure if this is the one you're looking for:

Breakfast Cookies

1 1/2 cups wheat bran -- reserve 1 teaspoon for
    topping
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar -- reserve 1 teaspoon
    for topping
    1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    1/2 cup unsweetened fat free yogurt
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 pinch salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 teaspoon imitation butter flavor -- optional
    1 cup frozen unsweetened fruit -- (blueberries
    (chopped), raspberries, cherries
    (chopped)- or a
    combination of any of them)

Mix together to make dough, stirring in fruit at end.

Divide into 4 balls, flatten to 1/2- 3/4 inch thick on a lightly greased baking sheet or place into mini-tart pans sprayed with no-stick spray.

Top with reserved brown sugar and bran. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Variations:
    Banana Nut- Decrease apple sauce to 1/4 cup, add 1 medium sized mashed banana and 1/8 cup finely chopped walnuts in place of other fruit. Note - or put the chopped walnuts on top with the brown sugar and bran.

Chocolate Chip- Use 1/2 cup prune puree in place of apple sauce, stir in 2 Tablespoons of mini-chocolate chips in place of frozen fruit. Note - may also use pumpkin in place of apple sause or prune puree.

Carrot- Stir in 1 medium carrot, finely grated and 1/8 cup raison/currants in place of frozen fruit. Add cinnamon, cloves, allspice to taste (or use pumkin pie spice).

Pumpkin- Use 1/2 cup canned, cooked pumpkin in place of apple sauce, omit frozen fruit, add 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (to taste).

Tropical- Stir in 1/2 cup well drained, crushed pineapple instead of frozen fruit, and 1/8 cup coconut.

Description: "Each 3-4 oz "cookie" has 195-215 calories and around 14 grams of fiber; 4 WW points on Winning Points."

Smile Re: Breakfast Cookie Clone

It's a start. Thanks so much. Have a good day.
    Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

wwlvr99 - I remember the recipe you're referring to, but I think when Denise made software changes we lost a lot of the old recipes. At least, I haven't been able to find them! I did a Google and kept coming up with this one...

http://cookie.allrecipes.com/az/BkrsBrkfstCki.asp

If you look at the reviews of the recipe you can see some of the changes others have made - though there's no NI for the changes.
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Replies

Try this thread:
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ad.php?t=62612

(I can't get the search function to work very well, either, but by expanding this forum to show all posts from the beginning, I was able to find what I think is the thread you're looking for.)

Cathy

Cathy! That's the one. I tried doing what you did, expanding the forum, but still came up with nada! Thanks, I'm going to bump up that thread so we don't lose it again.
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Cool Re: Breakfast Cookie Clone

I thought I was going crazy!!! I tried several times to search the archives and all I could get were new messages. These are the ones I was looking for. I printed them out, but I moved recently and don't know which box to look in for the recipe. Thanks so much to all you great BCB'ers.

I can vouch for the one that is called Bakers Breakfast Cookie Clone. They are so good. Make your own prune puree with cut up prunes and boiling water or use baby food jar of prunes.

Ann
    ann p