Thread: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

karen_wizzabeth Guest

Exclamation Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

Heard lots of good things about Skinny Cows...delicious, etc...

Well, I had major chocolate cravings today, so when I went to the store tonight I looked for them. I did find them and was quite astonished at the price.

$4.59 for SIX of them????????????

Are they CRAZY!!!???!!!

Looking at the nutrition.... 100 calories per bar, 0g fat...1g fiber.

Just above them, sitting without any fanfare, are the store-brand fudgesicles.

12 bars to a box - and the price?

$1.99.

And the nutrition information?

70 calories per bar, 0g fat, and 1g fiber.

These are not the "half size" popsicles, but your standard, normal size popsicle.

Skinny Cow indeed....if you buy them, you'll have a Skinny PURSE!!

Replies

Default Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

So, have you still not tried a Skinny Cow...?

Ya' gotta' try ONE, at least!

I can spend 3 points on a Mister CookieFace that is as wonderful, much less expensive, and only one more point.

However, there are times when a Mint Skinny Cow is what I want! :bcbsalute
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

karen_wizzabeth Guest

None of the Skinny Cow choices appealed to me in the least (though I admit, the $$$$ really put me off...). Had there been a mint one there to choose from, I may have considered...but the only choice that appealed to me was the plain fudge ones....which like I said, were more calories and more bucks than the plain old store brand.

Replies

Question Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

Are you talking about the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches?!

That's what I think everybuddy's crazy about...

Or are you talking about Skinny Cow fudgesicles? I haven't heard anything about them~

karen_wizzabeth Guest

yes, the popsicles. I'm not really fond of ice cream sandwiches.

NYCSweetieNYC Guest

Smile Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

HI,

I like Skinny cows but found something I LOVE much better. They are:

Healthy Choice Fudge Bars

1.5 g Fat
    90 calories
    1 dietary fiber = 2 points

My sister who is doing WW turned me on to these Fudge bars. They are three times the size of WW ice cream bars and so creamy and delicious.

If you are a chocolate addict like me you will be in chocolate heaven!!
    And still stay OP no problem with these bars.

I buy them at Costco. You get 16 bars for $8.29. That comes out to about 52 cents each.

Enjoy...

I have had Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches - I'd rather have a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Carb Karma for 3 points, because I have to go out to B&J's, and 30 minutes' walk each way works off most of the snack in terms of APs!

But I would loooove to try Mr. Cookie Face, just because of the name. Oh, let's be honest here - I think I'd consider dating someone named Mr. Cookie Face!! *runs to Match.com to see if he's online*
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies

Exclamation Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

FIRST, Cordy, you and Mr. Cookieface will have to take Match.com's tests to see if you both are compatible!

Replies

I've never tried them because when we finally got them in Canada, they were $7.99 for 6 of them. I am just too danged cheap to buy them.

I've tried the various Healthy Choice ice cream treats.....the fudge bars are to die for. I love the vanilla carmel swirl ice cream sandwiches too, but they are a trigger food for me, so I can't buy them any more.

Ann
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

I love Skinny Cows also. I watch for them on sale and buy them then. I also do buy fudgesicles sometimes, the ones that are 70 calories. I take my slider with me to the store though and often can find some flavor of light ice cream that is 2 or 3 points per half cup. There are so many good ones to chose from these days and if you search hard enough often can find one that is chocolate. Store brands are often the lowest in price. I measure out 1/2 cup in a measuring cup and eat it right out of that cup. I would probably have a hard time eating just the half cup but can control myself and stick to that amount when I know I can have another half cup the next evening if I want to and save points for it.

Isn't it great to have so many choices.

Carmen
    The Lady in Green

"Nothing is particulary hard if you divide it into small parts." -Henry Ford-

smyles58 Guest

I buy the Skinny Cow sandwiches for me and DH. Yes, they are pricey but the way we eat ice cream in my home it's worth it because of the taste and the portion control!! I have tried the Americas Choice brand(generic) because they were cheaper and both DH and I thought they didn't even come close to the Skinny Ccows in taste and texture. Also, Skinny Cow comes in other flavors than vanilla and chocolate. I love the coffee sandwiches and they are the only company that makes them.

Sweetie- I love the Healthy Choice bars too. In fact, I love their swirl bars!!! They are really worth the price!! DH doesn't like em, so I only try and buy things we both like to save money and space in the freezer but thanks for the Costco tip...never looked for them there!

OMG! Have you all not tried the Skinny Cow ice cream???? WOW!! This is good stuff and only 2 points per 1/2 cup!!! Yum!
    110 calories
    4g fiber
    2g fat

I love the Double Fudge and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough in Choc. ice cream!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!

BTW, I don't like the Skinny Cow sandwiches too much.....but I used to eat them all the time before the ice cream came out!
    gcJen ch

SW 342.4/CW 279.8
    ~~

62.6 lbs gone forever!
    .:*:.*:..:*:..:*:..:*:.
    02/17/05 - I made it to Twoterville!!
    04/28/05 - 50 lbs gone!!
    .:*:.*:..:*:..:*:..:*:.
    I'm not on a diet, I'm on a LIVE IT!!

Jen,

I have not seen Skinny Cow Ice Cream! Peanut Butter Cookie Dough sounds wonderful!!! I'll have to watch for that.

Carmen
    The Lady in Green

"Nothing is particulary hard if you divide it into small parts." -Henry Ford-

Weight2go Guest

I LOVE skinny cow. I have tried the vanilla and cramcicles sandwiches, and the vanilla and the chocolate. My dh loves them too and he;s not on WW. i'm going to try the Healthy Choice ones also. Its alla bout choice and variety and I love it! I don;t mind spending the extra money if something ios more expensive, because I feel like its an investment in my weight loss. I make up for it by using coupons and sales on other items.

15. Default Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

I am with Karen. Bought them twice and decided Healthy Choice was a way better choice.

Cordy-although I believe you and Mr. Cookie Face may have been compatible in the past, you have grown (rather, shrunk!) and I just don't think it will work out. Sorry....
    Latebloomer

I'm a HUGE fan of Skinny Cows. YUM! Have you had the chocolate and peanut butter ice cream sandwiches? My DB loves them too... he eats them faster than I do.

17. Default Re: Skinny Cow Insanity!!!

Thanks for all the tips, especially to NYCSweetieNYC. I'm going to look for Healthy Choice at Costco!

Replies

Here's my 2 cents - if I have ice cream out anywhere, it's going to cost me at least $1.75. Skinny Cows at 75 cents each (WalMart price) are better for me and cheaper. I have one every other day (at most) and the whole package cost me less than one gourmet coffee drink.

90% of what I eat is very inexpensive. I make my own lunches. I buy basics at Trader Joes or the local food co-op. My splurges are meat from a specialty store (so I can buy fresh in small quantities) and a few items like Skinny Cows, Healthy Choice, snack bags of microwave popcorn, and the juiciest sweetest most tempting fruit I can find.

Just like budgeting points - we each have different priorities.
    There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Replies

My whole family loves skinny cow ice cream.. the sandwiches and the regular Ice cream the peanut butter cookie dough is sooooo good..hmmm now I am hungry for some..
    Donna