Thread: Winning Points values same as Flex points?

Default Winning Points values same as Flex points?

I have only been doing WW for 9 weeks, and my DH and I love to get the WW Smart Ones for dinner when we're in a hurry. A lot of them say "Winning Points Value" on them and not WW points or Flex points. Sorry for the silly question, but are they the same? I hope I'm not eating more points than I should! I guess I never thought to double check them with my point slider. Can anyone help?
    gcJen ch

SW 342.4/CW 279.8
    ~~

62.6 lbs gone forever!
    .:*:.*:..:*:..:*:..:*:.
    02/17/05 - I made it to Twoterville!!
    04/28/05 - 50 lbs gone!!
    I'm not on a diet, I'm on a LIVE IT!!

judyo53 Guest

Default Re: Winning Points values same as Flex points?

Since Core came around I'm not so sure I remember everything about Winning Points now, as I've never followed it although I've read about it. If you have a slider or points calculator just use the info from one box & test it. I'm not sure if Winning Points started the fiber cap, I think it did. So just make sure that fiber is capped at 4 when figuring the points. I'm pretty sure WP will be the same as Flex.

Replies

Hi Jenny!

The way you calculate Flex points and Winning points is exactly the same. The only difference betweenthe 2 programs is that Winning points has a set "daily point range" and as you know, flex has a lower daily point range but you have banked points you can use at your discretion (and also you can "win" points by exercising I believe). For example, my daily point range on the old program is 20-25 pts. Doesn't matter if I workout or if I don't eat all 25 points, I can't bank them. You snooze you lose type of thing. But it works for me because I know that if I start making exceptions and playing around with my points, I'll totally lose it! So the points on your frozen meals are the right ones. Hope this helps!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Pat
    1. Choose your objective
    2. Create a plan of attack
    3. Execute the plan

Patflat, You are correct about the points being calculated the same, but I think you may be mistaken about how many points you get per day. I think you may be describing the first version of Points which was 1-2-3 Success,
    but even that had banking.
    I've been with WW a long time and lost most of my weight on Winning Points.
    I have all the books right here (123, Winning Points, Flex and TurnAround).
    Winning Points is the one with the range, for example on Winning Points the range for less than 150 pounds is 18-23. If you did not eat all 23 points you could bank those points but you could only use 10 banked points on a given day and only in the same week they were banked. You could also earn Activity Points on Winning Points exactly the same as now except back then you could add them to your weekly bank. Now you have to use them the same day you earn them.

With Flex points you have a Target Point (not a range) for example the Target for less than 150 pounds is 20. You go for your target points every day but you have an allowance of 35 Flex Points for the week to use to supplement your Target. You can also add Activity Points the same day they are earned.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Thank you to judyo53, Patflat71, and plcm111195! I'm glad someone out there knew their stuff! I will be sure to bring my points slider to the store with me in the future
    Have a great day!
    gcJen ch

SW 342.4/CW 279.8
    ~~

62.6 lbs gone forever!
    02/17/05 - I made it to Twoterville!!
    04/28/05 - 50 lbs gone!!
    I'm not on a diet, I'm on a LIVE IT!!