Thread: Cinnamon Muffins

Default Cinnamon Muffins

Yesterday I got some recipes from a friend for some muffins so I thought that I would share one with you!!! I just got done making them and they are wonderful!! I didnt have the yellow or french vanilla cake mix that it calls for but I did have a box of white cake mix and used that. It worked out pretty good too Cinnamon Muffins

1 box French Vanilla or Yellow cake mix

1 15 oz. Can pumpkin

*. water

*. Egg Beater

*. Hershey cinnamon chips

Mix everything together. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. 24 muffins equals 2 points.

Enjoy!!!
    ~~~Steph~~~
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Default Re: Cinnamon Muffins

These sound delicious & very easy! I'm always ISO muffin recipes.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

jeremysmom Guest

These sound wonderful. But I've never heard of cinnamon chips.....I'm going to have to find some. Thanks for sharing.

I haven't made a similar recipe. I think mine takes 1/2 cup water and no egg product with the cake mix and pumpkin.I though I would mention that I use a spice cake mix with the pumpkin and cinnamon chips.
    My store sells the cinnamon chips in the baking asile. They are made by Hersheys . I have seen them here at Kroger and Meijers. Just a few of them really punch up the flavor.
    Debra
    Highest weight 286
    If I can dream it, I can be it...

I have been on a major muffin quest since strawberries went out of season. I made these muffins this week. They are really, really, really good. Perhaps a little too good. They have abuse potential for me, but DH has begged me not to take these from him, so I'll see if I can keep making them and still be a good girl. Definitely yummy. I'm salivating just thinking about them.
    Amy

HOP Challenge: SW 200.4 / CW 198.0 / GW 185.4 - TRACK EVERYTHING

Hailey Guest

I think these sound really awesome, but I have never seen hershey's cinnamon chips either. Any ideas on this as to where I might find them?

Quote Originally Posted by smschliep
    *. water

*. Egg Beater

*. Hershey cinnamon chips

what do the asterisks next to the measurements mean? 1/4 cup?? please clarify.
    thanks
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

can you substitute real eggs and if so how many.........i have everything but the eggbeaters........dont really use them...........help.........and how many points would they be?
    ~~Toni~~
    "If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living."

Just use 2 egg whites. Won't change the points.

Replies

has anyone double checked the points on this one? I made them, LOVE THEM, ate them and now I am checking the points and I am getting 3 per muffin. What cake mix brand did you use?
    -Kim
    If at first you don't succeed, try try again!

bumping.....
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I couldn't find the cinnamon chips, so I used mini chocolate chips. If you sub them one for one (3/4 c), then the points go to 3. As I was measuring them out, I felt that would have been a bit much, so I scaled it back to 6 TBSP for a point value of 2.5.

While these are very good, I couldn't even taste the pumpkin. for me because I really like pumpkin but for my family because they won't even know that they're good for them!

To answer someone's question below, I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow flavor.
    HW 220
    CW 134
    GW 129

DS and DD had one last night for a "treat" and really liked them. They both asked if they could have one in their lunches today! I told them they were chocolate chip muffins!
    HW 220
    CW 134
    GW 129

Have these in the oven right now and they smell wonderful. I couldn't find the cinnamon chips - went to Walmart and Tom Thumb so I just skipped the chips and added a touch of cinnamon. Can't wait to try one!

Update: Just took first batch out of oven and had to try one. Was very deeeelish even without the chips. Just wondering now how I can stop myself from eating more!
    Last edited by Kristale; 03-24-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

These are so delicious. I wondered how they would be with some FF icing on them so I took some FF cream cheese and mixed it with a tsp of vanilla, and about 3 tbsp of granulated splenda, 1 tbsp of FF milk and beat it together. I frosted half the batch and put them in the fridge. The icing tastes great alone so I'm thinking on the muffins it will really be good. I put the icing on them mainly for my DBF who might find the regular a little plain but I kept half the batch plain for me!

Great recipe - thanks for sharing!
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen