Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: low fat / fat free ranch

Melortiz2004 Guest

Default low fat / fat free ranch

Has anyone tried a low fat / fat free ranch that taste good I cant find one please help me out on this one thanks

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: low fat / fat free ranch

I make an excellent ranch that is extremely low-point coming in at 1 point for 2 tbsp. You can get the recipe here.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

And here's a link to my lowfat ranch dressing. You can make it fat-free by omitting the oil, but that does affect "mouth feel". It's the standard dressing we use at home.

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...ad.php?t=47257

Cathy

Replies

There are two that I like. Light done right whick I think is Kraft and just 2 good both are like 2 tbsp for 2 points.
    5/28/05 - 251.7
    6/4/04 - -.4

judyo53 Guest

After much taste testing I actually like Kraft Free Thousand Island. All FF French dressings are fine with me, too. I had FF T. Marzetti's at a restaurant (they gave the packets) & it was great-think it was French.

Replies

I personally have found that I enjoy other types of FF dressings (Italian, 1000 Island...etc.) but can't find a decent ranch anywhere!!! Not sure what it is!!!!
    Dani

SW: 228.5 lbs (09/01/07)
    WW SW: 220.5 (10/12/07)
    CW: 213.0 (11/09/07)
    1st 10%: 198.5
    GW: 140 lbs

Lost so far: 15.5 lbs!!

Replies

Talking Re: low fat / fat free ranch

ThankYou,ThankYou,ThankYou Paris...:bcbsalute

I`m a "die~hard" Ranch drsng gal & you totally saved my life & not to mention my POINTS!!!!! Yeah!!:angel

Aquarius
    Assumption`s the Mother of All mess~ups!

Height: 5`8 1/2
    SW:#188
    CW:#188; Size 10
    GW:#128; Size 6

18.8 til I reach 10%
    Dream:#110 Size 3/4
    Halloween Challenge: - #10 (#178)
    Christmas Goal: - #20 (#168)
    Spring Break Goal:#20 (#148)

Carianne Guest

I love Hidden valley ranch light Tastes like the real deal

I had the most horrible reduced fat ranch salad dressing on my salad at a restaurant Saturday night. I only put a little on, but it ruined the salad for me. Think I'll start bringing my own FF packets of Italian with me from now on.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    SW:176 (8/31/04)
    GW:144 (1/11/05)
    CW:127.5
    PG: 125
    LIFETIME: 04/05/05
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

Replies

I've been mixing FF and Lite Ranch and it's pretty darn good. Something else I learned long ago when still owning my restaurant, if you mix a FF French with a FF Ranch it's good too. You'd be surprised how many people order French and Ranch together. I even started offering a French Bleu Cheese because I had so many requests for "double dipping" on the dressings. Don't be afraid to play around with the flavors, you'll come up with something you love for sure!!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Replies

I just bought some really good fat-free ranch from Follow Your Heart. 1/4 cup (which is a lot of dressing) is 1 point. My leader and several other people in the meeting were raving about it. My leader said she mixes it with other things (like salsa), she puts it in tuna, egg salad, and uses it for all kinds of things. So far I've only used it with sliced tomatoes, but it really tastes good. The last time I tried buying fat-free I had to throw the bottle out it tasted so bad.

You find Follow Your Heart in the produce department with the other refrigerated dressings. They also make a Southwestern Ranch that is supposed to be wonderful as well, but harder to find.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Minelli0205 Guest

I would recommend Wendy's Reduced Fat Creamy Ranch. It comes in individual packages so you dont have to measure anything and its 2 points for the whole package. The size of the package is 2.25 oz. so its a alot of dressing.

Hope you like it!

marathonmaniac Guest

the only ff ranch i have ever liked is made by litehouse - you find it in the produce section. very peppery, but very good

Replies

I've found that all of the Wishbone ff dressings are good - just recently tried the Ranch and Blue Cheese - both quite nice.
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

Salsa_1960 Guest

I always buy a "do it yourself" packet at the grocery store for making ranch salad. It comes in a blue pouch with photos of salad veggies on it. It's called, "Hidden Valley Ranch / The Original Buttermilk Recipe / Salad Dressing Mix." I find it in the baking section. It has ZERO calories and Zero fat! You're supposed to add mayonnaise and buttermilk, but I just add Kraft Fat Free mayonaisse (which has 10 calories per tablespoon) and water. After adding the water, it's probably somewhere around 5 to 7 calories per tablespoon.

KGAAVB Guest

Hidden valley makes a FF ranch dressing.. it is okay.. I mix it with the lite and tastes almost like the real deal.

Mixing the dry pack is a good idea, you could even mix it with a low fat yogurt. I hate most fat free dressings so much I sometimes just eat my salad dry or with a little vinegar.

I have found some GROSS FF ranch dressings out there, so I finally gave up and do the "fork trick." I buy my fav dressing and dip my fork in it before each bite. I use way less than if I poured it over the top of the salad.
    But there are times when a good drench is what I want. When that is the case, I take a tablespoon of the good stuff and add a tablespoon of FF milk, stir and pour over the salad. The lettuce gets nicely covered, and I don't sacrifice taste.
    I figure I spend 1.5 points plus a tablespoon of milk. It is worth the extra half point for the taste and texture.

Somebody mentioned ruining their entire salad with some yucky dressing. I have done that too. Now I get a separate container of dressing and dip the tines if my fork before spearing my salad. I don't ruin the whole salad if I don't like the dressing, and I also don't eat as much dressing.
    Susie

SW 266/CW 231/GW 150
    Total lost: 35 pounds
    Started WW 5/31/05
    Reached 1st 10% goal 9/6/05

Replies

Talking Re: low fat / fat free ranch

I found a ff/cf salad dressing, it is Howard's. Usually next to the bags of already

baged lettuce. It comes in many flavors, not the greatest but I rather use me points for things I really love, salad is just something I eat to fill up and get my veggies.
    Eileen

For FF ranch dressing I get the ff sour cream and mix it with a "ranch dip" seasoning packet. It is really good to dip carrot sticks & other veggies in too. I did have a problem for a while because I was getting the 16 oz container of sour cream and adding a whole packet, and then it would go bad before I had a chance to eat it all. Now, I buy sour cream all the time anyway, so I got a few of the ranch seasoning packets, put them in a glass spice jar and I can always make just however much I need at a time, and I don't have to buy 2 containers of sour cream at a time. Hope this helps!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by kansaslaura
    mix a FF French with a FF Ranch it's good too. You'd be surprised how many people order French and Ranch together. I even started offering a French Bleu Cheese because I had so many requests for "double dipping" on the dressings. Don't be afraid to play around with the flavors, you'll come up with something you love for sure!!
    This sounds very interesting. FF French is about the only FF that I truly like. And I love Blue Cheese. I'm going to give both of these a try. Maybe today!
    Thanks for the tip.
    ~ * ~ * ~Judy ~ * ~ *
    (last updated - 03/25/07
    CW: 185
    Goal: 140

Quote Originally Posted by judyo53
    After much taste testing I actually like Kraft Free Thousand Island.
    Funny you should mention it, I never like thousand island before, I saw Kraft Fat Free TI and decided to give it a whirl. I now make sure I have plenty of it in stock. I love it!!
    'I've been loving myself with food,
    I think I'll love myself with life instead.' - PM

Hidden Valley lite Ranch is delicious I buy the individual packs for packing in lunches, for myself and for my daughter who likes to take a salad to school so she can continue to look hot in her skimpy clothes.

My goal is to fit in her clothing, fit, Never walk out of the house dressed that way, but at least try them on when she is not around.lol
    Current loss: 32.6

Monarch5705 Guest

I agree, hidden valley *light ranch* is the best. The trick with a lot of these lower point foods is to go for the light instead of the FF, because if it tastes repulsive like so many FF dressings do there is no way I'm going to choke it down or enjoy it. Cheese is the same way. I think FF cheese is kind of gross, but 2% cheddar rocks and is lower than regular full fat. The Frigo brand light string cheese is great too, too bad I can't get it where I live.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast