Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: low fat / fat free ranch

Default Re: low fat / fat free ranch

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing/Dip mix is a staple in our house! We actually buy the large container at Sam's. We get a lot more for our money and can measure out and use what we want when we want.

Since we've started using it to make this dressing, we never ever buy prepared ranch dressing anymore!

Homemade Low Fat Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
    2 Tbsp = 1 point!

3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (or 1 envelope)
    1 cup 2% low-fat milk
    1 cup light mayonnaise

In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Chill 30 minutes to thicken. Stir before serving.
    ~Heather~

Aimee001 Guest

I have searched and searched for a decent tasting FF Ranch dressing.. it's impossible! So I made my own variation by buying a bottle of FF ranch, and then mixing the entire bottle with a packet of Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning.. it gives the ranch some zing and takes away that Fat Free taste. Really good! I make huge salads using this dressing with chicken, corn and black beans all mixed in.

Replies

Oh boy, I stopped using any ff dressing for a while. It was just gross. I just made my own Balamic Vinegar dressing, I tried the hidden valley and it wasn't that good either. But, at a meeting the girls kept mentioning a generic ff ranch that was real good. I finally bought some last week and it is almost as good as the real thing. You can barely taste the difference. Only thing it is at the Dollar General store. Don't know if they are everywhere? Not Family Dollar. I am not sure of the brand (will have to check) but it is the only Ranch they have so you really should try it if you have a Dollar General Store nearby!!
    To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art.
    KISSNCOOK
    SW223.4/CW 186.4/GW128
    Down 37.0

chocomomma Guest

I think mine is Kraft. I was never a "ranch fan". I liked thousand island and french. But now I use the fat free ranch because it is 1 point.

I use it on turkey sandwiches and for dips with carrots and cucumbers, and of course, on salads.

Not to rain on anyone's Ranch parade, but just wanted to let you guys know that many ranch dressings (FF or not) contain MSG so if you end up with a headache, that's why. I was really surprised to find it on the label but I'm super-allergic so I'm glad I checked.

Otherwise, ranch-away!
    Made Lifetime - 2/8/06!
    Highest Weight - 167 (twice, almost 3 times)
    150/?/133
    Lost 13 lbs doing low-sugar, low-carb and excited about the new WW plan!
    See my blog at Carbzilla.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by marathonmaniac
    the only ff ranch i have ever liked is made by litehouse - you find it in the produce section. very peppery, but very good
    I can't find that in my area . . . but the Litehouse light salsa ranch dressing is sooo good I would love to stick a straw in the jar and just suck it up! LOL
    Instead I measure it out for everything from salads to sandwiches and I get 2 tbsp. for only 1 point!
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

7. Default Re: low fat / fat free ranch

There is a company named "maple grove" That makes a few excellent fat free dressings.

They have a Raspberry vinaigrette and an awesome Balsamic that I serve when I have guests, they often ask me for the name of the dressing. They also make a fat free Caesar. That is also very good if you like that dressing.

I too am hunting for a ranch, but i would suggest this company if you are a salad lover as I am

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12