Default Oatmeal Pancake

Oatmeal Pancake

cup old-fashioned oatmeal
    cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese*
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    tsp cinnamon
    2 Splenda packets

Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.

Mist a non-stick skillet (an 8 works great for this) with olive oil. Add the batter and cook over medium until both sides are brown and the middle is firm.

Top with fresh or stewed fruit, sugar-free syrup or honey --- add in points.

Serves 1 @ 7 points each & a CORE recipe when fat-free cottage cheese or tofu is used

* = tofu can be used in place of cottage cheese if desired; change points if needed
    Last edited by Paris Madeleine; 09-12-2004 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Because I can obviously not add worth anything these days
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

miss_piggy Guest

Unhappy Re: Oatmeal Pancake

Everyone on the board keeps sayiing that the oatmeal they use is like 1 point per 1/2 cup. my quaker oats oatmeal is 2 points per 1/3 cup. if i made this recipe with my oatmeal, it would be like 7 points. what kind of oatmeal does everyone use? i'm canadian so we might not have some of the american brands.

thanks

Replies
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Oatmeal Pancake

Paris, Is that cooked oatmeal or raw before blending? Thanks buddy I think I'll start eating pancakes again.:bcbsalute
    Kathy

Over goal and not happy

judyo53 Guest

Default Re: Oatmeal Pancake

Kathy,

I'm thinking it's dry oatmeal since it's substituting for flour.

Lunastar Guest

Elyse, is your oatmeal that prepackaged, preflavored kind? That is much higher in points than plain oatmeal, whether quick-cooking or old fashioned. This is the kind that is 1 point per 1/2 cup cooked. I buy mine in cylindrical tubs, and while i know that Quaker is a brand of it, I usually buy the store brand (cheaper).

Wal-Mart's Great Value brand of Oven Toasted Old Fashioned Oats here in my hand. 1/2 cup dry serving size, 150 calories, 3 grams fat, 4 grams fiber. Works out to 2.45 points per serving. Had the same nutrition info as the Quaker Oats brand sitting right beside it but was about $1.00 cheaper.

I dunno which brand the others are using for 1 point. Maybe you can ask them on the other boards then post back?

Replies
    Blog Entries

I use the organic bulk oatmeal from Wild Oats; 40 g dry = 2 points.

Yes, it's dry oatmeal.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

judyo53 Guest

These were so good! I used FF Ricotta Cheese & made 3 small pancakes & only ate 1. The whole recipe would have been too much for me, I might have been able to eat 2 but that's it.

Replies

These ARE good! Thanks, Paris!

I think next time I would make "2" and eat "1"...This time I made 3 and ate 1~

I only used one packet of Splenda (sweet enough for me) and FF cottage cheese. I didn't even put anything on it! Applesauce or DV Caramel SF syrup would be good~

I think people are using the oatmeal values from the generic list of the Food Companion:

Oatmeal, plain, cooked, one cup... 2
    Oatmeal, uncooked, 1/4 cup... 1
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

purecheez Guest

Thank you thank you thank you for posting this. I was craving pancakes/waffles for quite a while. Used eggbeaters and doubled the recipe; the whole batch was 8 pts and then split it with my boyfriend. Threw in 3 pcs of ready bacon and I feel like I cheated!! Awesome, will cook these up again!

mydhisapointcop Guest

DH is in LOVE with these. But, I made them with just cooked oatmeal. Maybe that's why they turned out more like crepes (no puffing up). So -- we've decided to try to make them without the splenda and use as a wrap. I'll have to try with dry oatmeal -- but my DH, like I said, was IN LOVE with the batch made with cooked oatmeal. He asked if he could really eat them!!

Replies

I would think there wouldn't be TOO much difference between the two, cooked or uncooked oatmeal, since they're both blended down to liquid.

Mine were the same depth as a pancake. The fork would "cut into" it the same way. The pancake didn't "bubble up" while cooking the way regular pancakes do. But it did get a few teeny-tiny bubble breaks on the surface.

After the first one, they all browned beautifully. Even getting a dark ring around the edge that DH says is his "favorite part"~

DH and DS CHOWED!

I was thinking about eliminating the Splenda also...my regular pancakes aren't sweet, so maybe it would seem even more like a "regular pancake" to us all~

mydhisapointcop Guest

Made the recipe with DRY oats this morning. They were definitely more pancake-like. We enjoyed them with Smucker's SF Breakfast Syrup (checked as Core in the CFC). I think that the first batch I made with the already prepared oatmeal gave a runnier, thinner pancake (took a cup of water to make the prepared oatmeal) -- but they sure were good! The runnier/thinner version would remind you of a tortilla, but with the pancake taste and crepe consistency. Good, good, good.

Thanks Paris for the recipe!!

I found 2 eggs to be too much for me and made them taste too *eggy* and sort of thin. (I'm not an egg person at all). I skipped the second egg and added one very ripe banana. Very tasty. Also used the leftover ones for a dessert. I toasted them and used them as *cookies* for banana pudding. Put one on the bottom of a dessert dish and crumbled up the rest and mixed in the SFFF banana cream pudding and a big squirt of FF reddi whip (5 cal for 2T) and refrigerated for an hour or so. It was a nice after dinner treat.

Replies

Wow~ LOTS of great ideas here! :bcbsalute

Replies

I made this yesterday - it was good. While it won't replace my pancake recipe, I will make it again. I didn't have any syrup except regular maple syrup so I just put peaches on them. Next time, I think I'd try making a fruit "syrup". Sheila

Replies

I input this into Mastercook. I came up with 7 points for this 1 serving recipe!

:eek:

So take that into consideration~ :bcbsalute

You can knock off 3 points if you sub Egg Beaters or 3 egg whites for the 2 eggs. I would also add 1/2 tsp. baking powder, for a bit of poofiness.
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Really? :eek:

When I pointed it for myself I got ---

1/2 cup (40 g) oatmeal = 2
    1/4 cup ff or 1% cottage cheese = 1
    2 eggs = 4
    Splenda & spices = 0

Note = DH made this for himself the other day but we only had one egg left. He said it tasted the same. YMMV.

ETA: Carole is correct. 7 points for the original recipe and I apologize for my math skills --- that's why I'm a poet and not the nutritionist I wanted to be.
    Last edited by Paris Madeleine; 09-12-2004 at 08:14 PM.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

Paris...Don't your calculations add up to seven points also?...

Replies
    Blog Entries

See, and that's why I need math again!

Thanks, Carole. I think I may need some more sleep.

Yes, 7 points with the 2 eggs! 5 points with one egg. She can be taught!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

LOL!

I thought maybe you were funnin' with me...

Replies

Thanks for posting this. Sounds great, I'm just starting to give Core a try. This will be one I will try. Let you know how I like it. Thanks again.
    ~~I am not my past. I am free. For I am this instant how I choose to be.~~

~~Hugh Prather ~~
    Judy "B"

SW 294.4 CW 286.4 GW 160

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...m/exercise.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...j7W/weight.png

24. Default Re: Oatmeal Pancake

Here is a recipe that I came up with, and I really like them.
    Banana pancakes
    Just take 2 pks of the banana bread oatmeal ( quaker weight control brand )
    pop both packs in the processer and process until its like flour. add hot water and let sit for a minute- then add one egg white ,and process again. You can add more hot water to make like pancake batter. Then just fry in pam and enjoy, they are real fast and easy , and real good too! You could make these with milk instead of the water and also egg beaters instead of the egg white, if you prefer.

I am making this tomorrow morning...thanks for all the tips. I will use eggbeaters & also add small apple chunks. I had oatmeal-apple pancakes in a restaurant once and LOVED them & have forever been looking for a homemade version. Sounds good with bananas, too, but I'm going to start with the apples.
    Vanne

SW 181

CW 164

WWG 160

PGW 145