Thread: Peach Glazed Chicken

Replies

Thumbs up Peach Glazed Chicken

Hi buddies!

This is a terrific dish that makes a nice sauce to put over rice or noodles. YUM!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Peach Glazed Chicken

Recipe By :Jean Pare
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Lowfat, Low Calorie Savory

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ ---------------------------------
    4 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/2 cup peach jam
    1/4 cup ketchup
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. Arrage chicken on a foil-lined baking tray.

3. Stir remaining ingredients together well in a bowl. Spoon over chicken being sure to get some on every piece. Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender.

Description:
    "Delicious and dark glazed. Similar to a sweet and sour dish."
    Source:
    "Company's Coming Chicken, etc."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 255 Calories; 2g Fat (6.0% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 1095mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 5.26 points for 1/4

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Default Re: Peach Glazed Chicken

this sounds yummy!! thanks!
    ~~~Steph~~~
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Replies

Oh, this is the one I was talking about on the Honey Dijon chicken post.

I didn't realize I posted all of these...
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

LOL well it is our gain now wow all of these are good and with money being tight it makes it last longer because most of these you can use for any meat out there. I just got a super recipe for the Shark I have on this board in the poulty thread. It is for salmon but hay shark is in the sea also

Replies

I have to put a good word in for this recipe! I know everyone likes the dijon chicken recipe (rightly so- YAY for Jean Pare!), but this one's nice too.

I made it for dinner on Monday or Tuesday and it was a big hit! My husband didn't realize I had made it before and asked why I wasn't making it more often. I use a peach/ passion fruit spread from President's Choice Blue Menu (26 cal per tbs) and it's yummmmmmmmmie! I've been doing it on the stove in a skillet and serving it over egg noodles.
    Jeannette

Replies

I have apricot jam instead of peach. Do you think that would work as well? It sounds so good I'll have to try it.

Update:
    I made this last night with Apricot AllFruit instead of peach jam. It was very salty and didn't taste especially fruity, so I added 1 tbsp of brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp of dry mustard and then added 1 can of drained, juice packed sliced peaches. Used skinless bone in chicken and just put the chicken in a casserole dish and poured sauce and peaches overtop. It was really good. We had it with rice and the sauce was good on that. Not the original recipe but I think better than it would have been (at least with the Apricot All Fruit) I will try again with Peach jam, but use lower sodium soy, and dry mustard instead of the Dijon, which I think is salty.
    Susan
    Last edited by LAMom; 04-21-2005 at 12:12 PM.
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies

WOW!! Ottermum - this is a FABULOUS recipe. I would highly recommend it.

The only things I did differently is that I used low sodium soy sauce, left out the salt and cooked it for about 40 - 45 minutes instead of the 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Yum, yum, yum!

We all think this glaze would also be great on lean pork chops, ham, etc. I'm going to make it for a family event. In fact, I may invent a date just so I can make this recipe for them!! And for the two vegetarians, I will use this sauce on some of the mock chicken tenders. I know they will love it.

We always rate our recipes the first time I make them. Everyone gets a vote - that way I get their real opinions, without them having to sensor them so as not to hurt the cook's feelings. ;-) And, this one gets a 9.5 out of 10. A very high rating for my DH indeed. If he really likes something, it's an 8 or 8.5. :-) Even DM, whose taste buds aren't what they used to be and prefers chicken thighs over breasts loved this one.

I looked and looked to find an all fruit peach jam and finally hit the jackpot today in a store I don't usually frequent. So, I'd bet that even lowered the points more.

This recipe is a keeper!! Thanks for sharing it.

Diane
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Unearthed this recipe and finally made it. Very very good. Only thing I also would leave out the salt. Even using lower sodium soy still is taste a tad too salty. Otherwise a great dish over brown rice and steamed veggies would be a good idea.
    lose 20 by Oct 2019

I made this last night and DH & I LOVED it! I am always trying to find new ways to cook chicken and this one is fantastic.

I used Smucker's sugarfree peach preserves and low sodium soy sauce and left out the salt. I baked it uncovered for 45 minutes and it was perfectly cooked and juicy. (I think 1 1/2 hrs would be way too long). My chicken breasts were rather large but were cooked perfectly and very juicy and flavorable. I couldn't believe it. We had it with brown rice and steamed veggies. I will be sharing this great recipe with my friends!
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

Replies

This was very salty. If I make it again, I would eliminate the salt, decrease the soy sauce to 1 tbs, use low sodium soy sauce and increase the peach jam to 1 cup. It was hard to taste the peach flavor. Also, I recommend decreasing the cooking time, depending on your oven of course. Mine were in for close to an hour but were very dried out.
    Mary