Thread: Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Replies

Default Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Hello!

I'm on this scone kick, and I'm looking for some lowfat/ low calorie scone recipes. Does anyone have any to share?

Tomorrow is my 12th wedding anniversary, and I wanted to make some for breakfast. I found a great Cherry-Lime Scone recipe in the new WW cookbook, Dining For Two (I'll post it as soon as I have a chance to type it into MC), that I'm using tomorrow, but now I'm hooked on finding more of these yummie things. If anyone has any handy, or can direct me to some, I'd really appreciate it.

I posted this on the Mess Hall board and the Breakfast board as well to maximize my chances.

Thanks!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

2. Default Re: Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Hi Ottermum,
    If you can get your hands on the WW Entertains Cookbook there are two scone recipes in there: Pecan-Pear Scones and Cheese Scones. I've never tried them, so I don't know how good they are.
    :bcbsalute MT
    MT

Replies

Default Re: Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Thanks, MT!! That's one cookbook I don't have, and I have a huge collectiopn of them, but I'm checking my local library and bookstore right now! Ain't the internet wonderful?

Hmm, it's not coming up anywhere- do you have the isbn #?

BTW, I'm originally from Glen Head/ Glen Cove!
    Last edited by ottermum; 08-15-2004 at 09:49 AM.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

These are yummy! My familt likes them with a few cinnamon chips mixed in (be sure to add extra points).

* Exported from MasterCook *
    Scones

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 cups flour
    2 tablespoons sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup butter
    2 egg
    1/2 cup milk, 1% lowfat
    1 teaspoon water

Place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and butter in bowl and blend.

Add 1 egg and milk, and mix until soft dough forms

Knead on floured surface.

Shape and place on cookie sheet

Mix egg and water. Brush on scones.

Bake 425 10-12 minutes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 108 Calories; 5g Fat (38.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 34mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

5. Default Re: Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Ottermum,
    There is no ISBN#, but there is an SKU#0011024. Hope this helps, or that your library has a copy. That's usually how I get most of my recipes. This book I have, so if you want I will type out the two recipes for you. Just let me know.
    MT

Replies

Hi!

Thank you so much for the recipe, Maureen!! <hug> I really appreciate it!!

MT, I hate to make you type out those recipes for me! I'll do an internet search for them, and check my library again. I found the book for sale on ebay, so i might spring for it.
    Jeannette

7. Default Re: Need Scone recipes, please please please?

Ottermum
    We went to Borders Book store and I looked through the WW Magazine (not the regular monthly one, but a thicker magazine) called Weight Watchers Easy Weeknight Favorites. I thought of you when I turned to page 14 and saw a recipe for Date and Maple Scones for 4 points each. Great Magazine, but expensive:$9.95 in the US, more in Canada. Can't help you with this recipe, since I didn't buy the book, but I will still type those other two if you can't find them. Just let me know.
    MT

Replies

Hi MT!!

I actually picked that one up, later finding out that it's a reprint of an older WW Magazine cookbook I already had . $13.95 down the drain.

I got that Date and Maple scone recipe from Cookinglight.com yesterday. I don't know which company "borrows" recipes from the other, but I've noticed a lot of duplication between Cooking Light and Weight Watchers.

Thank you so much for looking for recipes for me! You are a real sweetheart!! :angel

I've gathered about 45 recipes from the 'net which I am currently formatting in MC, and I will post them when they are finished. After I'm done with those, I'm going to start looking through my cookbooks and scanning them in.

I have to confess that they are all recipes for sweet scones. I was addicted to the mini Cranberry- orange scones my local Loblaws supermarket has for sale, but I'm sure they are about 5 points for a scone so they are now forbidden (not by WW, but I'm not paying 5 points for a stupid little scone!!)

Thanks again for all your help!!
    Jeannette

This is a fave at our house. I found it on www.aimeesadventures.com They're very filling & good-sized. The almond extract is especially good on these.

Oatmeal Scones-
    3/4 cup quick cooking oats
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup skim milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    icing-
    1/4 cup powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon water
    1-2 drops almond extract

Preheat oven to 425. Mix scone ingred together w/spoon. Spray 8" pie plate w/ butter-flavored pam. Divide dough into 4 mounds (little over 1/4 cup each) & put on pie plate. Dough will be slightly runny & may run together. Once baked, you'll be able to see where to cut scones apart. Bake 12-14 min or until firm. Allow to cool. Mix icing ingred & drizzle evenly over each scone.
    4 svgs- 169 cal,1 g fat, 1.5 g fiber--- 3 pts each
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies
    Blog Entries

Oooo Lori! Those oatmeal scones look fab!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Jeannette,

The recipe that I posted is just a plain scone, but you could add some orange and cranberries to it, just be sure to adjust the points. I would use a little fresh OJ and cranberries or even craisins that you soak in OJ before adding to the mix, that way you are not going to need to adjust the wet and dry ingredients.
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

Replies

Good morning!

Thanks for the recipe!! I'm currently formatting all the scone recipes I got off the 'net in my MC, and will post them when they are done. There are about 70-something right now, and that's not even the ones from print cookbooks. I may have to post in two + batches. :eek:

Just one quick question:
    What do consider a lowfat scone? Less than 5 points per scone? 7 points? Some are coming up at 7 points per scone, and I wonder if I should include them...

The recipe that I posted is just a plain scone, but you could add some orange and cranberries to it, just be sure to adjust the points. I would use a little fresh OJ and cranberries or even craisins that you soak in OJ before adding to the mix, that way you are not going to need to adjust the wet and dry ingredients.
    That sound yummie!! I'm hoping I can work out a way to add some toffee bits without going way over board on points.
    Jeannette