Thread: Please help my lonely new Waffle Iron

purecheez Guest

Default Please help my lonely new Waffle Iron

I came across a good sale and since I always wanted a waffle iron, I bought it, and after I got home - I put the poor thing on the counter and stared at it longingly. It came with a recipe for a traditional belgium waffle but :eek: the points on that thing!! ayiyi and they don't even tell you how many waffles that recipe is supposed to make!

Anyway I tried to search for a waffle recipe here and didn't see one; is my only hope using Red. Fat Bisquick?

Do any of you have a waffle recipe that you've converted? I know I'm going to want to fire this lovely thing up this weekend, so I want to make sure I do it as low pt as possible. I thought maybe whole wheat flour, eggbeaters, etc. but I'm afraid to make my "first waffle" and have it be gross.

Suggestions appreciated.

Replies

Default Re: Please help my lonely new Waffle Iron

I made an oatmeal banana waffle with my brand new iron, but I will *not* share the recipe, it turned out absolutely disgusting. Like oatmeal with a crust. Yuck!

I bought a box of reduced fat bisquick, but I haven't tried their recipe yet. I was planning on searching the web for other waffle recipes that used it. My sons are dying for waffles.

purecheez Guest

Default Re: Please help my lonely new Waffle Iron

That's what I'm afraid of!! My first time out of the waffle gate and I'll make some kinda oat-like frisbie!! LOL

There's gotta be someone out there in ww world that figured this one out!!

4. Default Re: Please help my lonely new Waffle Iron

This is from the website aimeesadventures.com. She has the best recipes. You can get them off the website, but it is good to support her hard work by buying her cookbook for $10.

Leila

Serves: 18
    Calories: 72
    Fat: 0
    Fiber: 1.5
    ~1~

Whole Wheat Waffles

2 2/3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
    2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
    2 Tablespoons Splenda Granular
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1 3/4 Cups Fat Free Milk
    1/4 Cup Water
    1 Tablespoon Butter Buds
    3/4 Cup Egg Substitute

In a large bowl combine flour, yeast, Splenda, butter buds and salt; mix well. Heat milk and water until very warm (120-130 degrees). Add to flour mixture. Add egg substitute. Using an electric mixer, blend at low speed until moistened; beat 1 minute at medium speed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and foil; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Pour 1/4 cup batter (or the amount recommended by the manufacturer of your waffle iron) onto the preheated iron. Close and bake.

Note: If your iron holds more than 1/4 cup of batter you'll need to see how many waffles you get and divide these numbers by the number of waffles you get for the nutritional info...
    Calories: 1296.5 Fat: 0 Fiber: 32

I usually cook up all of the waffles, let them cool completely then store them in zip lock freezer bags and freeze. When I want a couple of waffles, I just take them out of the freezer and pop them into the toaster. Serve with sugar free maple syrup for additional points.
    Leila

5'5"
    SW: 149.6
    CW: 142.0
    WWG: 135
    PG: 130