Thread: oatmeal flavor variations???

Question oatmeal flavor variations???

HELP! I have lost my recipes for oatmeal with different flavor variations. They included splenda. It was recipes for bulk that you made smaller servings from just like with the packets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: oatmeal flavor variations???

Is this what you're looking for? You can try many more flavors for 0 points using DaVinci sugar free syrups.

Homemade Oatmeal Packets

3 cups Quick-Cooking Oats
    Salt
    Small Resealable Baggies

Put 1/2 cup oats in a blender and blend on high until powdery. Set aside in a small bowl, and repeat procedure with an additional 1/2 cup oats. If you're using a food processor, you can do the 1 cup of oats in one batch. Put the following ingredients into each zip baggie: 1/4 cup un-powdered oats, 2 Tbsp. powdered oats, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Store in an airtight container.

To serve, empty a packet into a bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir and let stand for two minutes. For thicker oatmeal, use less water. For thinner oatmeal, use more water.

Variations, use Splenda or other sweetener instead of sugar if you like:

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal - To each packet, add 1 Tbsp. sugar, 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp. chopped dried apples.

Sweetened Oatmeal - To each packet, add 1 Tbsp. sugar or 1 packet Equal artificial sweetener.

Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Oatmeal - To each packet, add 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Oatmeal with Raisins and Brown Sugar - To each packet, add 1 Tbsp. packed brown sugar and 1 Tbsp. raisins.

Health Nut Oatmeal - To each packet, add 2 Tbsp. any kind of wheat germ

Fruit and Cream Oatmeal - To each packet, add 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer and 2 Tbsp. dried fruit

Fun Fruit Oatmeal - To each packet, add 6 or 7 pieces of 'fruit snack' type dehydrated fruit.

Confetti Oatmeal - To each packet, add 1 tsp. decorative cake/cookie sprinkles.

S'More Oatmeal - To each packet, add six miniature marshmallows and 1 Tbsp. Milk Chocolate Chips to each packet.

Cookies and Cream Oatmeal - Add 1 crushed Oreo cookie and 1 Tbsp. non-dairy coffee creamer to each packet.

Exploding Oatmeal - Add 1 tsp. sugar and 1/2 tsp. 'Pop Rocks' candy to each packet. This one is fun for celebration days, such as birthdays.

Bart-man Oatmeal - Add 2 Tbsp. 'Butterfinger B.B's' candies to each packet.

Replies

How FUN! Have you tried this, Frisky?...I'm just wondering about the texture if it says to "blend until powdery"? Definitely sounds like something to try~
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Haven't tried it yet but I will. The powdery stuff is 1 cup of the 3 cups of oats. That helps make it more gooey I think instead of being bigger chunks of oats. I'll likely use the old fashioned rolled oats anyway because I like mine more chewy.

It makes 8 servings, that was left out of the first post. Does sound fun doesn't it? I have sprinkles for cookies and little mini M&Ms for baking. I think kids would love this too. They could get real creative with gummy bears and other things they like to eat. Can you see some gummy worms wiggling around on their spoon? Ewwwwwww Just kidding

Replies

Oh, I GET it now! I didn't read it thoroughly...I have TOASTED quick oats that I just love (from Safeway). They would be great in this.

Yeah. Imagine (kids) making your own oatmeal packs for breakfast (or camping). I know my kids always loved the food they prepared/cooked!
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Cool Re: oatmeal flavor variations???

Quote Originally Posted by nelzer
    HELP! I have lost my recipes for oatmeal with different flavor variations. They included splenda. It was recipes for bulk that you made smaller servings from just like with the packets. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
    Thank you so much for the oatmeal ideas. There are more and better ideas than I had before! Thanks again.