Thread: Home-made Egg McMuffin

Replies

Default Home-made Egg McMuffin

1 pt English muffin, 1 slice 2% Milk cheese, 1 egg, 1 slice of Canadian bacon (0.5 pt) = 4.5 pts

I have been taking this for breakfast and heating it in the microwave at work. It's a good breakfast and I'm not hungry by 10 AM.
    Starting over: 06/12/07
    Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

[/url]

Ransomed One Guest

Default Re: Home-made Egg McMuffin

My daughter makes these... she has a little round dish she mixes the egg in, then microwaves it for about 30 seconds & then assembles the sandwich... the egg is then so perfectly round it looks just like McD's "finest." Quick & easy.

3. Default Re: Home-made Egg McMuffin

I put egg substitute (1pt) lettuce, tomatoe & salsa (0 pts each) in a 1 pt tortilla for a 2 pt breakfast burrito. With skim milk (2 pts) it fills me up.
    DEPRIVATION BREEDS REBELLION

Tina_30 Guest

Can you help me out with the 1 point english muffin and the 1 point tortilla?
    What brands/type are they?
    Thank you!

Replies

The 1 pt English Muffin I buy are store-brand. Weis Market and Giant in my area both carry them. I don't know of any other brand.
    Starting over: 06/12/07
    Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

[/url]

Tina_30 Guest

thanks, I don't have either of those stores here.
    I'll just look harder at super walmart and bring my calculator to see if I can find a local one with low points like that. I think we have a store in town sort of like trader joe's that may carry something like that too, I'll check it out.thanks though!
    Tina

Natures Grain makes a "lite" English muffin. They're hard to find around here. Super Wal-Mart sometimes has them. Other times I find them at Brookshires. They have 100 calories, 5 grams fiber, 1 gram of fat.

A tortilla that is getting rave reviews around BCB with good reason are the "Carb Choppers" made by Santa Fe Tortilla Company. Found them at Sam's Wholesale Club. They have 100 calories, 7 grams fiber, 3.5 grams fat. They hold up well to stuffing them and wrapping them around most things you like to eat on a tortilla. They're real flexible and don't tear easily and taste great!

I have also bought the Nature's Grain English Muffins. They are really good. I find mine at Publix. They don't stock a lot of them, maybe 4 or so at a time.
    Denise Jo
    I'm not 40 something. I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling."

Replies

If your Super Wal-Mart carries frozen egg patties, you can shave a point off those babies! The very generous sized egg patty is only 1 point and very good!!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Tina_30 Guest

frozen egg patties? never heard of that! where in the freezer section would that be by? I'd try that.

Kansas Laura what muffins or bagels do you buy for low points? My super walmart doesn't carry the WW ones or anything that seems to be super low points. I think I will check price chopper and then a bigger chain store up here where I work instead of my small town

Parham91x2 Guest

You can also use the Morningstar Breakfast Patties or the Jimmy Dean turkey sausage patty for a sausage McMuffin.

I get the Nature's Grain too but I've only found them at Albertsons.

Chris

Tina_30 Guest

I found Natures Grain Lite english muffins last night in the bakery section at super walmart - they are 1 point each! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've been looking in the wrong place (bread aisle) sometimes I wish they'd organize things better!!! I never thought to look at the bakery, in fact I AVOID the bakery on purpose!!!! Not a place for "lite" foods if you ask me!!
    Anyway I'm going to make the egg mcmuffin thing soon now that I found these 1 pointers, YEAH!!! Thanks for all your hints and tips on this thread.