Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1. Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Thanks Lisa. I didn't know that about sugar/Splenda.
    Suzie

Replies

Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Stefnee
    OK I made this today, is this pie a firm piece or is it suppose to be mushy like mine was???
    I find, that for me, it comes out more like a pumpkin pudding than a true slice of pie. Either it's the way I'm baking it, or that I'm trying to heft out 1/4 of the pie at one time. :lol:

Either way I find it delicious!! I have to buy more eggbeaters so I can try it with the oats- regular or quick oats? I cannot remember.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

KellyGreen Guest

Wink Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Made this last night... it was so easy....and it's sooooo good!
    The ONLY thing I do not like about it is the weird aftertaste after every bite.....it's not annoying enough to make me not want to eat it....it's really good!! Just that ONE thing....but my kids and hubby love it! Thanks for the recipe!

Question Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

I'm new to the site and have already tried many wonderful recipes---thanks to ALL OF YOU! I do have one (probably silly) question about the pie. If I make it with the oats, do I cook them first, or just dump 'em in dry? I'm waiting patiently for my DV Spice Blend Syrup to arrive so I can make this yummy sounding life saver!!!! Also, when making the cottage cheese topping, how much do you make for the whole pie? And do you actually spread it on the pie or serve with each slice? questions, questions, questions!

You want to use uncooked or dry oats. I'm not sure about the cottage cheese topping though. Sounds like something that came from the CORE board
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

It is one cup of dry oats for the pie.
    I usually make the cottage cheese for one serving. I blend 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese with about 2 tbs of DV then chill. It's a lot of topping, but I like it.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

KittyValentine Guest

I'm trying this recipe out as I type this; it's in the oven!

It smells and looks delicious, so I can't wait to taste it for myself.

Update:
    I just tried it, and it's great! I'll definitely be making this again in the future.
    Last edited by KittyValentine; 10-01-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Replies

From Mardee (WhereForArtThou) on the Core recipe forum:

Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Cream of Wheat

I love this recipe so much I keep experimenting with it, and this time I found a wonderful variation. Instead of adding oats to the mixture, I added Cream of Wheat (not as much - only a half cup). It was delicious! The cream of wheat actually changed the consistency and made it denser. It was more like "real" pumpkin pie - it even had the same pumpkin pie cracks on the top as a real pie!

Here's the recipe I used:

1 15-oz can pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix)
    1 cup FF milk (I use soy milk - others use FF evaporated milk)
    1/2 cup FF plain or vanilla yogurt
    1/2 egg substitute (or 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1/2 cup DaVinci Simple Syrup
    1 T. pumpkin pie spices (or combination or cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves)
    1/2 cup Cream of Wheat (uncooked)

Mix the wet ingredients together with wire whisk, then add in dry. Pour into 8" square pan (or pie pan) sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 60 minutes in 350 degree oven. Tastes great warm, but is extra delicious cold - and totally CORE!
    for 1/4 of the pie- 2.98 points (3 points) I don't have the nutritional info for the Davinci syrup, but I think it would still work out to be 3 points.
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

9. Lightbulb Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Hi,
    This sounds good........and easy too!
    I found that the new "silicone" baking sheets and pie pans...(HSN has the cheapest ones)...but can be found at "Target" and other stores too......need no fat or non-fat spray EVER...........and everything literally FALLS out. There are also little bundt cake size and other shapes...........sounds like they would work great for this recipe.
    These silicone pans and baking aids can be safely used in ovens and freezers and folded to be put away....without cracking or breaking....
    Just thought I'd share this with you.
    Last edited by High Hopes; 11-09-2005 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Add Information

Replies

This is so easy and wonderful. I had 1/4 of the recipe with a little Cool Whip Free for 2 points. It was super filling!! Yummy. I don't like pie crust to begin with and this tastes exactly like pumpkin pie filling.
    SW: 189.5
    Lifetime Goal: 148 March 2006
    CW: 147 (7/19/2010)

11. Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Oh Yum! I'm saving this one! I love pumpkin pie and don't usually eat the crust anyway.

Talk about a life saver next time my sweet tooth starts begging!
    "Sometimes it is not enough to do our best; we must do what is required." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Cowboys like girls with big calves" - Smokey and the Bandit

Lifetime January 2007
    Current goal: 30 AP's a week/5 workouts a week

GingieSue Guest

Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie -

News Alert for All You Punkin Lovers................

If you don't have time to bake this you can put it in a saucepan and cook it for 7-10 minutes (stirring often(and then pour it into dessert cups. Tastes just a good and is so fast!

Question Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Curious if anyone knows how many packets of individual serving Splenda equal 3/4 cup of baking Splenda

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dissolvedgirl
    Curious if anyone knows how many packets of individual serving Splenda equal 3/4 cup of baking Splenda

thanks!
    18 packets

15. Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

just had my first piece of the pumpkin pie, and wow is it good!

The only thing is, it is a little sweet for me, so think next time I will use on ly 1/2 cup Splenda, and use more of the pumpkin pie spice.

Thanks for the recipe. Judy in Nevada

Replies

Made using the original recipe is this CORE?
    **Sharyn**
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169
    CW: 161
    GW: 140

Yes, as long as you use canned "pumpkin" and not the canned pumpkin pie (I think it has sugar in it).

LOVE & BLESSINGS
    GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....
    it's only good news if told in time.

laralosing4good Guest

Wow, sounds so good!

Wow! this one's a keeper!
    http://theworkingsofcsahm.blogspot.com/
    Total Loss to Date:
    Total Loss Inches:
    5'
    BMI: 34.5
    Weight 185.6/179.8/179.8/130/
    HW/SW/CW/WWG/

Merry1 Guest

I tried it with the oatmeal first and was being thrifty with the vanilla DV syrup. Tried it hot and it was a disappointment...but the next day I started to throw it away and broke off a bite before it went to the trash and fell in love! Today, I left out the oatmeal and used a generous 1/4 cup vanilla syrup and 1/4 cup caramel and 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and WOWZERS!!!! I am in love! Hot pumpkin pie on top of 2 gingerbread graham crackers (3 more points) then cool whip free (1 point) and I feel like I have been to Thanksgiving dinner! YUMMMMM! Best 5 points I ever ate!

So I finally tried this... It was good, but it definitely needed vanilla (and chai DV never hurts). This will be fun to experiment with!

KitCatherine Guest

Hi guys,

I have been making an "altered" version of this for the last 8 months, and I have lost my recipe. There is a version of this that you microwave for 12-15 minutes and its done! No oven involved, and it has lower Evaporated milk, but I can't remember the exact alterations to it. I learned about it at a meeting, but everyone who used to make it at that meeting, no longer attends. Do any of you know the recipe for the microwave version? All I know is, its not the same as the baking version...I tried and it did not work at all. Oh, the other thing I know is that it was 1 point per QUARTER of the pie pan. I just can't find my recipe!

Thanks!

23. Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Bumping up for Turkey Day!
    Jodi

24. Default Re: Crustless Pumpkin Pie

just tried the version with cream of wheat in it. Made it with French Vanilla DV syrup.

While good - it really really really needed splenda added. Was it supposed to have it added in?

I'm trying the original version now - hoping that tastes better!
    DD

Starting again in 2010!
    HW:293.6
    CW:286.6
    10% GW: 264.3

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by MoniMac View Post
    I used:
    Acme Brand Pumpkin = 3 points for 16 oz.
    1/4 Cup Egg Beaters Whites = 1 point
    1 and 1/2 Cups 1% Milk = 3 points
    Splenda, nutmeg, and cinnamon (I didn't have pumpkin pie spice) = 0 Pt.
    By the way, I like my pie a bit sweeter, and used 1 cup of splenda. Just right!

Total= 7 Points or 1.16 per slice. I don't see myself as having more than 1 slice at a time, so I'm counting it as 1 point per slice.
    I thought pumpkin was 0 points?

I made one last night -
    15 oz pumpkin
    1 c. FF evap milk
    1/2 c. egg beaters
    1/4 c. DV SF Chai Tea concentrate
    2 Tb each, DV SF vanilla & caramel
    3 TB Cream of Wheat (I was afraid to use the full 1/4 cup, but will next time)
    1 packet splenda (I wanted it to be a tad sweeter)
    sprinkle of cinnamon (Thought it needed more spice)

I think this is 2 pts for 1/4 of the pie??
    It's deeelish - thanks for the DV syrup flavor combo tip, Joanne!
    Lisa
    Weight pre-1st-baby: 150
    After the kids.....
    SW: 209 (3/10/08)
    CW: 164.9 (5/19/10)
    GW: 150

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast