Thread: Marinade for grilling salmon ?

Default Marinade for grilling salmon ?

Does anybody know what I could use to marinade salmon in before grilling. I have never eaten salmon pieces grilled on the gas grill. I have only used the canned for salmon patties pre w/w days. So it will be new for me. I am trying to eat more healthy and know the fat in this fish is good for us. any tips would be appreciated but I usally like simple recipes or maybe a suggestion for a store bought marinade just can't figure what taste would be good for salmon. Jane TIA
    I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!
    S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03
    Working my way back to goal !!

Default Re: Marinade for grilling salmon ?

Salmon is very yummy when marinated. Or not! I like a teriyaki marinade, or you could try it Thai style (lemongrass, lime, garlic, ginger, cilantro) Another trendy marinade is maple syrup (I have seen it on at least two cooking shows!), and I am sure that using an SF syrup like Cary's or Walden Farms would also give a good result.
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Thanks Cordyc for the quick quick reply I have some teriaki and honey marinade in the frig I use on chicken, Also so the SF maple syrup might be something I would try. Thanks again so much Jane
    I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!
    S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03
    Working my way back to goal !!

If you like spicy food, grilled salmon is really good with rasberry chipotle sauce. I use it more as a glaze than a marinade, but it's REALLY good.
    There are several brands in the stores, though some are harder to find.

I also like the teriyaki with salmon. I have a glaze that's a bit thicker than regular teriyaki sauce.

It's not that I'm not opposed to marinades, but I just usually don't take the time to do it.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies
    Blog Entries

I make a salmon marinade with 1/2 OJ and 1/2 sugar-free maple syrup with a bit of salt and pepper... yum!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

I just made salmon on the grill tonight with a marinade that I use often. It is soy sauce, garlic, honey and a bit of cayenne pepper. The quantities are to your liking. I soak the salmon for about an hour, then grill skin side down on medium for about 10-15 minutes. I don't turn the salmon over, but have the grill top down. The skin will stay on the grilll, so all you have is the yummy salmon with a great taste.

Hope you like it. Our local store had fresh Copper River Sockeye Salmon today. It was a bit smaller than I'd like, but delicious nontheless.

Sue
    Sue

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

SW: 158 in June 2003

CW: 134 October 30, 2017

This isn't a marinade, but a "topping" I used on salmon. I used 1/2 * slivered almonds and 2 T. plain bread crumbs, put in a food prosesser, process gently until it looks like a coarse meal. Dip salmon (pink side only) in egg substitute, place on sprayed baking sheet, sprinkle topping on fish (I used all the topping for 2 8oz. fillets!), and broil for 10 min. The topping makes a nice crust on the fish and holds in the moisture. YUMMY!!

ginnyb
    Last edited by ginnyb; 07-29-2004 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling error

Replies

My favorite way to have fresh salmon is to sprinkle it with lemon pepper. It is sooooooo tasty! I usually pan fry it with my 2 tsp. of olive or canola oil for the day.
    I MET MY GOAL!

SW: 208.4
    CW: 165
    GW: 165

Our fave is soy sauce, teriyaki, seasame oil and ground ginger. Marinade for 1-2 hrs and grill.
    Kitty
    SW 189.0 9/23/2005 recommitted to WW
    CW 181.6
    GW 132
    www.4happydogsbakery.com

10. Talking Re: Marinade for grilling salmon ?

Hi, I have a good recipe for grilled salmon ,that they had fixed at our Sam's club,was serving & it was great,it is,brush the grill & salmon with virgin olive oil,sprinkle with citrus grill (Durkee grill Creations) cook until salmon will flake off easily ,season with salt to taste. Use about 2 tsp. per lb. only on top. This is real simple & they havwe the citrus grill mix there. Good luck!!

You could also marinate it in margarita mix or put lemon juice and dill on it.

Replies

I just had some grilled salmon at a party and she used the prepackaged Jack Daniels Mesquite marinade. It was THE BOMB!!!
    5'2" SW-144.0 CW-136 GW-129.0

bensmomshelly Guest

Since I love Balsamic vinegar, I like to make a packet of good seasons italian, but without the oil (or you could use your good oils for the day). Just marinate the salmon in the viniagrette and grill or put on the George Foreman. Yummy and also really good on a salad. If you don't add oil, the marinade doesn't add any points.

ok...i used to work at a steak house and this is the marinade that they used...and i have used it ever since..

pineapple juice, soy sauce, black peppercorns

it is truly yummy

amy

I use Girard's Champagne dressing. The women at our seafood shop in the grocery turned us on to it Fantastic!
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!