Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WW Program Changing again...

Default WW Program Changing again...

in Aug/Sept time frame. Can anyone give me more details??
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

judyo53 Guest

Default Re: WW Program Changing again...

There's a long thread under the Daily Thread regarding this change but everyone is sworn to secrecy so there are no details.

Replies

I'm still doing Winning Points! Not gonna mess with success...of course unless they've figured out a way to make me 25 again!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Kelly_S Guest

Well if you are doing Winning Points (other than using 2 points less for minimum which new research has proven is too low) then you are doing FlexPoints too....all you did was divide up your FlexPoints (aka bankedpoints) and gave yourself a range for the day...any points from the ranges you banked you put back into the FlexPoints. LOL! That and the fact W/W went back to only using APs on the day earned are the 2 changes between the 2 programs.

The new program is supposed to be more focused from what my leader will say.

On the WW site (I believe the message has since been deleted by the powers that be, because I can't find it), one leader told her member that the new program is very structured and was not to her liking, but others in her office who were in WW training really liked it and were doing very well with it.

She also mentioned that this program was just another OPTION, and does not replace the regular points system.

I have no idea what the new option is, or even how accurate this information is, but I thought I'd share anyway.

I am just guessing that this new option will be more suited to those who like a lot of structure in their eating, like maybe planned menus, etc. The old WW program (food exchanges) was very stuctured, and I know a lot of folks miss that program.

judyo53 Guest

wwbabe,

I just posted in the other thread that we can still be very structured with our Flex Points program if we want to be. It's funny how some people need such structure in order to stay on plan. That backfires for me. I prefer the way Flex Points is set up over Winning Points, too. If it wasn't for Flex Points I'd be doing something else.

Replies

I hope the new WWs program has a "baseline" of required daily healthy food choices. You know, the "everybody agrees that these foods are needed daily for a healthy lifestyle" kind of requirements?!

Then, if people want to be even healthier than required, that can be their choice~

If programs are too restrictive, I want to rebel. And if you tell me I "can't" have something, I'll probably start wanting it...! :rolleyes:

LOL! That might work! "Foods That Are Off-Limits": Spinach, kale, whole grains, legumes, rutabagas and parsnips.

[Oops. I meant to put this on the other thread. I'll leave it here.]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

A world without bulgar? :eek: :eek: :eek:

*wakes up from nightmare*
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies

I think more structure is just what WW needs. We got fat in the first place eating what we wanted whenever we wanted it.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Kelly_S Guest

Quilt, While I agree with you to an extent I disagree much more. I am an adult and provided with information to make a good decision I should be able to make it. I had a hard time with selections because I was told I had to do it...while I did it I hate it...eventually fell off and had to come back -- fat.

We should be able to enjoy the foods we like, follow the points pies so we are healthy (W/W really does already provide the tools to be more structured...we are the ones to blame for not following it) and eat them when we want...

judyo53 Guest

I guess this just shows how we're all different. Some of us need structure & to be told exactly what we can & can't eat; but for many of us this just doesn't work. I've said it a few times already, as Kelly just said; you can make Flex Points as structured as you want. You can use the Points Pies, you can eat lower carb, you can make up the rules that best fit you.

For me keeping in my points range & measuring & weighing my portions (& journaling it all down) is enough rules to live by. Although I don't consider myself a picky eater, if I'm told I have to eat a particular thing that I don't want to eat that day or ever, I'm going to rebel.

I switched from the Wendie Plan to Flex Points because FP's is less structured & so easy to follow for me. I hope WWbabe was given the correct info that this new program is an option & won't replace the points system. Although, as some on this board have done with older WW programs, I'll just keep using Flex Points since that's what I like the best (unless the new program is even easier, which I don't think as the words I keep hearing are "more structured.")

Judyo53 what is the Wendie plan? I have used a lot of these new programs and the 123 and Winning points seem to be good. I am just now doing the Flex Points. I have about 60.5 pounds I want to lose.

I was always eager to see what the new programs were going to be.

Have a good evening,

Linda

Replies

Green eyes, the "Wendie plan" is a variation of WW structured to help people eat different amounts on different days. While it is based on WW, it is NOT a WW-sanctioned plan. So you won't hear about it from WW. And even so it is not a lot of structure - just how many points to eat on which days.

We already have structure if we want it. First you follow all 8 of the "8 healthy habits" - then you follow a Points Pie - and if you want more structure, you can start with the Fast Track columns and add points to meet your needs. But WW does not provide daily / weekly meal plans like they once did, with recipes and all. And there are no more required formulas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Or later 3 meals and one snack, with a bit more flexibility. (Today I plan for 3 meals and 3 snacks - but only rarely can a meal go over 8 points!). I think some people might appreciate something of this sort - as long WW doesn't tell me it's now "required." I might try it, but overall I would stay on Flex Points.

I know when the new program rolls out, our buddies will let us all know, and I will haul myself to a meeting and pick up the changes.

I hope WW does not go back to the "thou shalt not eat" lists. They were not productive. We all need to learn how to work all foods into an overall healthier lifestyle while we are losing weight, not just on maintenance. I think the extra effort you can put into learning this while losing helps the transition to maintenance.

If you've been around a year you remember how big a deal Flex Points was when it was still in the rumor mill, and it turned out to be either no big deal (just the end of "reverse banking" arguments) or a big deal, depending on how well you deal with getting your "allowance" weekly (35 pt. you have to manage over the week) vs. daily (5 pt. a day). I am grateful for the extra minimum points too. The original WW plans work out to around 24 pt. a day and were the same for everyone -- 18 was simply not enough. Points are something that works, and I doubt WW is going to get rid of them. And if they do, we can all stay on Flex Points or Winning Points if we want.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

14. Default Re: WW Program Changing again...

This is the first I've heard of another program change. Wonder why another change so soon? I went with the change before, but this time I'm sticking with this. I love the flex points. I've lost most of my weight with this, so not going to mess with that success.:weights:
    100.8lbs Gone Forever!

Kelly_S Guest

Katfuzz, W/W adjusts their program yearly usually and it has been almost a year since W/W changed to FP which really wasn't a change to begin with...it was just a different way to call the points we had with prior programs. Secondly you are already resisting the changes that research have given W/W without seeing what they are...these changes are to make the program better and easier usually.

This is what I was told...

1) The Flex Points system is NOT going away!

2) We will have much more choices.

3) We will not be disappointed.

That's all I was able to get without getting my leader in trouble. Didn't want too push her.
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

Thanks for the update, GigiBeans1. As I alluded to on another thread about this, I have full confidence that any changes which WW makes will be designed for healthful eating and WL for its members. I also said that I'd eat my words if they don't .

GTF
    SW: 204.6 Highest ever
    CW: 186.5 Thank Goodness
    10%:183.6 Fantastic
    GW: 155 Excellent!

In regard to losing: Every ounce counts!

18. Question Re: WW Program Changing again...

Hello, Does anyone know when this change is going to take place? I have been doing low-carb since Oct. 2003 and trying to remember how to do WW again, also has anyone signed up for WW on-line? Thank You

Replies

I did read a rumor (disclaimer--A RUMOR folks--don't take it seriously til we hear something real--Message boards are rife with rumors! I am spreading RUMORS) that one or two NF dairy servings might be free. Makes sense with all the news about dairy and wt loss, but we shall see--JUST A RUMOR.

Ouis
    Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

Kelly_S Guest

I would find that rumor hard to believe because it is still calories in vs calories out! If you had 'free' foods like that the weight loss could be less. If they do that I see them taking away some points for the day! Sorry just to hard to believe that.

Replies

Ouis said, "Just a rumor"! But I already started getting excited and figuring it out in my head...!

I figured they'd take it out of Flex points, and then say "you get 1 (or 2) points of ' NF dairy' free" every day...!

It could work!

Replies
    Blog Entries

{speculation}

I was thinking... what if WW does a hybrid version of exchange and points. You must choose x number of proteins, fats, fruits, starches & milks and then you get a certain number of points to spend at will + all the free veggies you can eat. Hmmmm. Or was that just that exchange program in a nutshell?

{/speculation}
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

((speculating about a speculation))

I think that was a great explanation of the "food exchange" program, Paris!

But the cool thing about the "points" is that it REWARDS high-fiber/lower fat choices!

(Hmmm!? This is getting com-pli-cated!?... )

A hybrid points/exchange program would be VERY COOL!

But if you eat enough *good* calories, besides just vegetables, you may be more satisfied and less apt to eat empty calorie foods and in the end, consume less calories...

Replies

And the "rumor" was about 2 NF dairy servings--which is something like 4 points. If that encouraged people to get dairy they weren't pushing for and resulted in extra wt loss--who knows?
    Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast