Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WW Program Changing again...

Replies

Default Re: WW Program Changing again...

[speculating and having fun with a "rumor"]

4 NF Dairy points X 7 days per week = 28 points.
    35 Flexpoints - 28 NF Dairy Points = 7 Flexpoints left (or ONE Flexpoint a day!)

Could it be?!

LOL!

That would definitely be making-a-dairy-statement.:bcbsalute
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Until the rumour is confirmed as being fact, one piece of advice:Don't Have A Cow!!!!!
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Kelly_S Guest

Based on the PointsPies and the fact they encourage us to use our FPs for eating by one of them I don't see the freebie milks happening...but like was stated before I'll state again.....

Don't getcha panties in a bunch until they roll it out.

America's.Sweetheart Guest

If it is true that WW is going to allow 4 NF dairy points per day, I think that is a great idea and I would be all for it. I personally don't like the fact that 3/4 *. fat-free skim milk costs me two points a day. It seems it should be free. However they might have to finagle the system to give me 4 free dairy points for NF would be all right with me! =)

And I am glad that people are having fun exploring the idea here - its fun to read and even if it doesn't pan out, we can perhaps figure out ways ourselves to work more dairy in our daily menus. The new finding about daily dairy intake = increased metabolism is something to consider. I have read this several different places.

Replies

Cordy said:
    Until the rumour is confirmed as being fact, one piece of advice:Don't Have A Cow!!!!!
    If we're having cows, think of what the COWS must be feeling...!

I guess all that can be said is stay tuned until Aug 22 until the new program comes out. Expect the unexpected.

raidermom Guest

((speculating about a improbability))

The COWS hell Carol!

I sh-udder to think about passing a set of horns on a Hereford!

I posted in the other thread- all my leader would give us was that flex points is not going away, but that we will have some new choices and its not carb related. Whatever it is we get new 12 weeks of stuff. Other than that WW is coming out with breakfast muffins and Miss Debbie style cakes (3 pts and 1 pt) and bringing back some of the discontinued bars and redoing them to have less hydrogenated fats.

Replies

Well, I'm not gonna COW-nt my chickens before they hatch on this thing. :lol: Uh, oh---I've introduced another farm animal into the equation--:eek:

Wildcat, that would be WONDERFUL if they re-do their bars to be more healthy!! Oh, boy!!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

raidermom Guest

Yes....let's not be all in a frenzy about the new plan.

.......running around like chickens with our heads cut off.

Waiting for the official unveiling is "just ducky" with me!

Now we're on "ducks" Katie!

Replies

[ruminating on a speculative rumor]

BSKC said:
    Expect the unexpected.
    I don't know how to!

And how can we have more "choices" than we already have?!... :eek:

This is way too confounding.

I need a drink!

Sounds like WW is moooooo-ving in the right direction, whichever path they take. I will be looking forward to goat to my meeting and see the gnu program.

ETA that if anyone gets any hard info about the program, please don't post it, because if you're a cheetah, it will backfire!!!
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies

I will look forward to hearing about the whole kitten caboodle.
    Susan

Aiming for 196.2

mydhisapointcop Guest

If it's the dairy RUMOR... then I'll not only have a COW, but a BEAR, too (two??)!!!

That is a SKINNY COW and a SLIM-A-BEAR!!

Depending, of course on Fat grams and available Flex Points.

(Thank goodness I found this site again...none of my favorite links worked!)
    Last edited by mydhisapointcop; 08-11-2004 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Forgot that the RUMOR suggested NF dairy :(

Replies

It's kind of cute to see everyone so excited about the possible changes

I just started last week (it has been about 4 years) and our leader said, "Change is coming. Buy these bars while you can, when they run out, they will be replaced with new products that are trans-fat free!"

Which makes me happy, cause I hate trans-fats!

Replies

If I read one more animal pun, I'm gonna gorilla insane!!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Replies

Probably just coming out with an additional option, i.e. different as a hen and rooster.

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

Post Re: WW Program Changing again...

The rollout of the new program is scheduled for the week of August 22. (Weight Watchers' week cycle is Sunday to Saturday).

Flex points are NOT going away. It will be a part of a two-pronged plan. You can opt for flex, or the new plan.

Loseit was right -- nonfat (or fat free, whatever) dairy is not counted. Servings are not limited to two per day.

If you are currently a member in a meeting, go to the meeting. If you are not a member, it'd be worth it to join to get a professional presentation of the new program and make an informed decision.

Some will love it. Some will hate it. Either way, it'll prove to be a real Turnaround for you.
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

rouenmom,

any rumors that whole fruits won't have to be counted either?

The Freedom Plan (the plan WW had before points were rolled out), allowed unlimited veggies AND fruits.

I lost most of my weight on that wonderful, now defunct plan! Threw out my literature too (smacking myself in the head for being so stupid!!)

Heard any rumors?

My leader has been answering yes or no questions about new program. I got a fairly detail e-mail for one of my e-mail groups about new program so I asked some questions. 1. New program is optional, the will be two programs. Flex and the new 2. The new program you will be choseing from catagories 3. there is something about not counting.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't say anything more detailed but if you want me to send you the e-mail I got PM me and I would be happy to send it to you. From the questions I asked my leader it seems like they new what they were talking about.

Laura
    Laura (·ΞΆσ )

Laura's Weight loss Journey
    Korea Pictures
    Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

judyo53 Guest

Liz,

I also got an e-mail from another group I belong to that I rarely get anything from. However, it seemed very general & still left me with questions, too. But from what I did understand, I can see how some will love it & others, like me, will stick to the regular Flex Plan.

The bottom line is to approach this with an open mind.

The critical thing is that Weight Watchers has a) been in the business of weight loss LONGER than any other "organization" out there, b) KNOWS what it is doing based on 1. proper staffing 2. research 3. listening to members 4. increased information about nutrition among myriad other things.

Let us not forget that 40+ years ago when we were started, LIVER was a requirement once a week; ONLY 2 slices of bread were allowed PER DAY for women, and cherries, watermelon, mango were forbidden; as were oils of any kind (and peanut butter, a mainstay of MOST of you was NOT allowed.)

What WW has learned from research, nutrition, and all manner of science, has made the program as successful as it is. I doubt that the BEACH or FATkins will survive and endure the way we have.

That having been said -- don't look at this as a potential problem. If you are "Card Carrying Member" of WW (i.e., a member of a meeting room) you'll hear about the changes from a well-informed leader who will guide you, coach you, and help you make the difference in your TURNAROUND.
    If, on the other hand, you are a member by 'default' or a member by virtue of hanging out here, or with other legitimate members, you may not get the full impact of the new (alternate) program.

Please == give yourselves time to understand it, digest it and GO with it. It might mean the difference between your getting to goal or not... Look at it with open minds, hearts, and eyes. (It's not LIVER once a week. It's INTELLIGENT EATING every day.)
    Post your feedback once you have some time with it. Hugs. E.
    SW:197 GW:152 CW:148 Height: 5'6<br />Been at goal since July 1999<br />If I can do it, ANYone can.

Replies

I'VE got an open mind!!

I've been having difficulty getting-back-to-goal, so I'm ready for a new "adventure"! :bcbsalute

Oooo, and I liked the phrase you used: "intelligent eating"~ :angel (Does that mean "healthy"? )

Hi there WWcarol: Yes, Intelligent eating DOES mean healthy. This is where it comes from -- As many of you HAVE been doing, and some of you have not, IF you have spent your POINTS on good eating (that is, foods that are INSIDE the 8 healthy eating guidelines) AND have opted to use your 35 weekly flex for the PAROLE experience... you have embraced the program in a healthy way. (Look at it this way... if you're 149lbs, eating 20 points/day, you have 20x7 or 140 points per week of nutrition. Your Flex points, if you ate them all, represented 25% ?pleasure? or, um, ahem, you know, junk. Well, even at 25% that's huge, and still showed weight loss.

Admittedly, there are those of you out there (I do NOT consider myself one, because I have just celebrated, on august 12, my 5th year AT or BELOW goal, and being a lifer) who have hoarded points to spend on whatever, NOT using them in the best possible, most nutritionally balanced way.

The NEW Program offers you all an opportunity to eat RIGHT for all meals DAILY and then, take 35 points a week and BLOW them any way you wish. Pizza, wine, chocolate, pie, cake, etc.

INTELLIGENT eating. Remember. All food goes to waste. It doesn't have to go THROUGH you, first.

E.

Replies

Oh my god...

I think I died and went to heaven! :angel

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast