Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter Cookie Oatmeal (Paris' v2.0)

Replies
    Blog Entries

Peanut Butter Cookie Oatmeal (Paris’ v2.0)

2 tbsp wheat bran
    ½ cup regular oats
    ¾ cup water
    ¼ cup Sugar-Free DaVinci syrup of choice (I use Caramel or Vanilla)
    1 tbsp Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter
    2 Packets Splenda
    2 tbsp Fat-Free Half & Half

Combine the bran, oats and water in a larger soup bowl and microwave for 1 minute on high. Take out; add the syrup and peanut butter. Stir. Microwave for another 45 seconds. Take out; add Splenda and fat-free half & half.

Makes 1 serving @ 3.5 points for exact recipe above or 4 points with regular PB

Note: I use a lot of sweetener because I like it taste just like a cookie! If you want less sweet omit the Splenda or add more water in place of less syrup.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

Thumbs up

Thank you, Paris! I will try this for breakfast tomorrow morning~

I'll substitute my homemade dry roasted peanut/dry roasted soynut butter and my Vanilla soymilk...I'm sure it will be dee-lish! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Thumbs up

I forgot to make this for breakfast... [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img]

So I made it for dessert tonight, instead. I gave DH some "bites" and he went WILD over it. "THAT's what I want for breakfast tomorrow morning!" he exclaimed.

I'm making Crockpot Oatmeal for the first time overnight. 4 C. water, 1 C. rolled oats cooked on LOW overnight. We'll see! He can add his Caramel syrup and peanut butter in the morning! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

I didn't want to walk to the outside freezer for bran, so I used wheat germ instead. It was quite delicious, too~ Takes it to a "cookie" place~

Replies
    Blog Entries

Yay! I'm so glad that you liked it. It's a staple in my house for sure!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

Thumbs up

Since my Crockpot Oatmeal was a fiasco, and DH was so disappointed, I just made a batch on the stovetop: with Snoqualmie Falls rolled oats, DV SF Caramel syrup, wheat bran AND wheat germ, and homemade peanut/soynut butter.

It is GREAT. And cold, it tastes like cookie dough!

I'll be eating this tonight as a way to control my evening "sweets" craving. I did the same last night and it worked great. Sweet, filling, and satisfying. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Talking

This is very good, Paris! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

I had to use wheat germ (couldn't find wheat bran, I'll have to go to the health food store) and didn't use the splenda (thought it might be too sweet with it--I'll try it with tomorrow).

Normally I eat oatmeal with 2 tbsp whipped PB so it was a little light on PB taste for me, but that's a minor complaint.

And, it makes a HUGE bowl. Can't beat that!
    360/260.2/160

Replies

I'd like to make this but can't find the whipped PB I do however have a big jar of the LF PB. Do you think that will work as well? Would the points be different?
    Susan [img]smile.gif[/img]
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies
    Blog Entries

Susan,

Any PB of your choice will work. If you use regular PB it comes out to 4 points, but you may want to double check with your lable.

I point the recipe like this ----

1/2 oats - 2
    wheat bran - 0
    DV syrup & Splenda - 0
    2 tbsp half & half - 0
    1 tbsp PB - ?
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies

Paris, Marty/Brie's Mom kept bugging me to try this, and boy am I glad I did! I LOVE it! I made it with German Chocolate Cake SF Davinci, but I can see how LOTS of flavors would be great in it. Also, I made it with 7-grain--will probably cook it just a tad longer next time, but not much! Thanks so much! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Okay question.... How big is a serving, and how much Splenda is in a packet? I have a box of pourable Splenda and am thinking of biting the bullet and making this, although that means buying bran and also ordering DV syrup! Have no clue what flavor(s) to purchase as I've never had it before and dont' know what might be able to be substituted for it, or how else to use it! hehehe
    Blessings,

Tonya (142/137.2/133/128)
    (SW/CW/GW/PGW)
    "It's not how long it takes you to get there, it's how long you stay that matters" ~my WW leader

I tried this recipe this morning and really enjoyed it! I used a combo of chocolate and PB syrups, which was okay, but I think next time I order I'll try Caramel, since the PB doesn't have much flavor. I left out the Splenda, but I think I'll try adding it back next time...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

nan
    nan

This sounds marvelous! Thanks for sharing!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Arrow

I forgot to mention: I didn't use any of the dry Splenda, and it was sweet enough for myself AND DH! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

My 21 year old DS has said the packets of Splenda are much "sweeter" than the pourable Splenda...So someone might have to factor that in! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've been reading these boards for a while without registering but this recipe motivated me to finally sign up. Wow, is this good! Made it as a snack tonight and it was great. Thanks for the recipe! Christine

I tried this with the Better Than Peanut Butter stuff I got at Trader Joes, and it tasted really good! I wouldn't eat BTPB by the spoonful, but in this it works really well and I can use twice as much for the same points!
    nan

I make this but I add a bit of cocoa powder. It reminds me of no bake cookies that my mom used to make when I was a kid...YUMMY!!

Dee

Replies
    Blog Entries

Weeeeellll, Dee! I think you may be a genuis. Cocoa powder, eh? A good thing made better! I must try this.... [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Paris,

This is Fabulous. I was looking for a change to my usual breakfast.
    I did however make some amendments. I use Toasted Marshmallow DVS, mainly because it was the only one I had on hand, and instead of Wheat Bran I use Flax Seed..same reason again.

Highly recommended!!

Honeybelle3 Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks Paris - This is definitely a keeper!!

I tried this tonight and it was sooo yummy.

Replies

I couldn't find wheat bran either - only wheat germ. Will it make a difference it taste or points??

Replies
    Blog Entries

I think wheat germ has more points, but I am not sure. They are similar in taste and texture so it should not change the taste of the oatmeal.
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default v2.5

I just wanted to update my recipe. I am now making this slightly different but just as wonderful with natural PB and real half & half for 5 points per serving. Heh, version 2.5. :bcbsalute
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Default Re: Peanut Butter Cookie Oatmeal (Paris' v2.0)

If you want more peanut butter flavor with out the calories, try Watkins Peanut Butter imitation extract. I bought some a long time ago and never have used it.
    Ann
    ann p

purecheez Guest

WAAAAAA!

I was so looking forward to trying this for breakfast. My oatmeal went tragically wrong! I bought a new brand "silver palate" I think that is what it is. "Thick and Rough" oatmeal. I thought it would be heartier and healthier. What a nightmare! The box said to cook in microwave 9 mins. It seemed long to me, but heck, who was I to argue with thick & rough?! I continued to get ready for work and when I came out, I had a hard rock of oatmeal that I couldn't even get out of the bowl.

I was too late to try again; I think I'll save the thick and rough for muffins or something... and buy some regular oatmeal.

purecheez Guest

Oh do I feel silly. I was in the market and bought some more oatmeal (regular ole oatmeal) and saw the Rough and Tough and read the box again. HA! It was 9 minutes on looooooooow. Hence the reason my oatmeal was a hockey puck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast