Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Blueberry Bread Pudding

This was posted by LauraH on a recipe thread in the 100+ forum. I wanted to post it here so I can find it more easily.

Blueberry bread pudding

2 slices diet whole wheat bread
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/4 cup splenda
    1/4 cu[ egg substitute
    1/2 Cup skim or lowfat milk
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1/2 tsp cinnamon

Crumble bread in small casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
    Mix remaining ingredients and pour over bread. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.

Makes 1 serving @ 4 pts

I use 2 slices for 1 pt bread so it comes out to only 3 POINTS per recipe!
    I've made this with both blueberries and bananas and they were both AWESOME! You just need to adjust the points depending on what/how much fruit you use.

Here are some links to some other threads about this recipe:
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/ubb/u...=016100#000000

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/ubb/u...=016111#000000
    Last edited by plcm111195; 07-11-2004 at 09:47 PM.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

This looks terrific! I'm going to try it.

Thank you...

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Joanne -

Thanks for posting this. It was on my never-ending list of things to do. I just had not gotten to it yet

BTW - I'm not sure where I found this recipe, so unfortunately, I cannot give credit where credit is due. But here's a great big THANK YOU for the original poster.

Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ September 29, 2003, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: LauraH ]
    Laura
    Joined January 2002
    SW 266.6 Goal 165

Replies

For anyone that hasn't tried this yet...it's great. I loved it and even my 2 little boys gobbled it up [img]smile.gif[/img]
    So it gets a big [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    Tracey
    highest weight: 296
    Restart WW: 286.2
    Current Weight:270
    100 Days of Exercise Challenge: 28/100

TOTAL LOSS: 16.2

CKone Guest

Thumbs up

I have to post this. I just tried the blueberry bread pudding for breakfast this morning and I have to say it was the best thing I've had in a looonng time! I couldn't believe how tasty it was. My DH and DS finished it off! I would imagine you could substitute the blueberries for any kind of fruit. I think I'll try peaches next!! mmmmmmm mmmmmmmm good!! Thank you so much!

Hi again, Just want to ask if I can use frozen blueberries in this?? I can't get fresh ones here now, & I'm dying to make this.

Thanks...
    Dawna

[ October 06, 2003, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: LegalEagle ]
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna, I made it with frozen berries and it was awesome! I did not thaw them before cooking and it turned out great. I've now tried this with frozen blueberries, fresh bananas and frozen peaches. All were really delicious but bananas are still my favorite. I'm going to try it with frozen sweet cherries later this week. Yum!
    Joanne

Smile

Thank you! I'm trying this tomorrow, and lucky me, I have some of that whole wheat, 2 slices for 1=point bread all ready to go.

I'll let you know how we like it.

Hugs,
    Dawna

Wink

This sounds fantastic, I'm going to have to try it. I love blueberries! Fresh blueberries are still a decent price here (not for long though I'm sure).
    Get set with the right mind set.

Thumbs up

I made this tonight, and WOW! DH & I loved it. I doubled the recipe for one and made enough for two. I was pretty full after eating my delicious bulgar dish, so I just ate a small portion of it. DH finished off the rest, and he is already asking for it again.

BTW, the frozen blueberries worked out fine.

Thank you...thank you....

Hugs,
    Dawna

[ October 08, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: LegalEagle ]

I made this for breakfast today & really enjoyed it! I used frozen blueberries. I think I'll try banana tomorrow. I found it very filling too, which is a huge plus for me with a breakfast. Thanks a bunch!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

WCFD52 Guest

Just printed this one out - looks like a great weekend breakfast or even a nice dessert. I'm sure this will be a big hit in my house and I hope no one minds if I share it with my WW meeting group. Thanks for another one to add to my ever growing recipe book [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] .

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Replies

Thumbs up

I made this and loved it. It is so good. I am going to try other fruit in it just to see what else would be good in it. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] Cynthia
    started ww:3/14/02 goal:6/23/03 Lifetime:8/04/03<br />sw/wwgw/cw<br />234/155/148.5

OMG! I just made a variation of this recipe using

2 slices lite multigrain bread (1)
    130g frozen dark sweet cherries chopped (1)
    1/4 cup egg substitute (.5)
    1/2 cup skim or lowfat milk (1)
    2 TBS Almond Davinci SF Syrup
    2 TBS Splenda

It is soooo yummy and huge serving for 3.5 points.
    I sprayed on a little ICBINB for the extra .5 point. It is perfect for this cold, dreary day.
    Last edited by plcm111195; 07-11-2004 at 09:46 PM.
    Joanne

Default Re: Blueberry Bread Pudding

Bumping another good one!
    Joanne

Replies

I am printing this out for tomorrow's breakfast. I have been having low point muffins for weeks and need a change. Thanks for the great recipe.
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Yum! I just made this breakfast and it was terrific. I'll maybe make it again tomorrow.
    Debra
    Highest weight 286
    If I can dream it, I can be it...

abigailjessica Guest

I made this this morning, but instead of blueberries I used banana. I used half a banana and sliced it and made it that way. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to mash the banana or slice it but it came out good the way I did it. I think I will try a different fruit or berry next time. Thanks!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Has anyone tried making a larger version of this recipe. I'd like to make it using a 13 by 9 pan....
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14

Queen Tiger Lily Guest

Made this recipe this morning for breakfast. DH and I split the huge portion in half. He loved it! I followed the recipe as it was originally posted. So, I counted only 2 points instead of 4 points. Is this correct? Thanks for posting!

judyo53 Guest

This is so good. I was going to make Monimac's pancakes but didn't have any applesauce & had been wanting to make this so I did. I've wanted it for breakfast but I'm not the kind to wake up & make something & have to wait for it to cook & cool down, etc. I usually eat right away (well, after the animals & Granddaughter). I'll have to make a couple batches of this next time & save some for the morning. BTW, I made the original recipe posted by Joanne, and am also going to experiment with different fruits. I'd also like to make a larger batch in a cake pan but I'm not real good converting recipes, especially going from a single serve to a big pan.

Replies

I just made this today and it was terrific, especially for only 3 points! It would be great for breakfast, lunch or dessert. Mmm, Mmm, Mmm!
    Happy to rescue this one from the archives. Ya gotta try it!
    Mary

Replies

This will make a nice change from baked oatmeal. I am going to try it out tommorrow morning!
    Stephanie

Life is hard; food is easy. I'm learning a better way.

SW: 188 / BMI 34.5
    CW: 180.4 / BMI 33
    GW: 135 / BMI 24.7

Replies

I made this for breakfast this morning, using the banana. It was very good and filling. I think I'll try a combination of the blueberries and bananas next time. ;-)

Thanks for the recipe. I was in the mood for something different.

Diane
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

BigRain Guest

Can't wait to try this tomorrow!! Thanks for the new breakfast idea!

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast