Thread: iMPOSSIBLE MEAT PIES

Replies

Does anyone have a recipe for Impossible Pies
    made with Low Fat Bisquick?

Replies

Hi Donata,

Have you tried going to the website? There are lots of recipes on there with nutritional information listed so you can figure out the points.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/prod_bisquick.asp

Nix Guest

I checked out that Betty Crocker web site & typed in "imposible pies" in the recipe search & it came up with TONS of recipes. They all look so good! It doesn't give any nutritional values so I don't know how you will figure points on them.

Nix

Nix - When you print out the recipe the nutritional values appear in a box at the bottom of the page. For example, I printed out Impossibly Easy Bacon Pie and it came out 225 cal. for 1 serving = 4.5 points a serving. This is a great site and I want to say thanks to Gillie for suggesting it!

Judy
    [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Replies

Hmmm... maybe I'm missing something but the Impossibly Easy Bacon Pie is 225 cal, 15gr fat, 0 fiber. Isn't that 6 points per serving??

You don't have to print the recipes to get the nutritional value, just click on the left orange box the link for View Nutritional Information. It's the last link under Print.

Replies

You are quit right - they didn't add in the fat grams...
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Replies

Actually, you don't have to print out the recipe to get the nutritional info. Just click on the little box on the right hand side of the recipe- it is labeled nutritional information. Then you can see if it's point friendly even before you print.
    Susan
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I found a recipe for Impossible Tuna Pie as follows:

Impossible Tuna Pie

Category: Seafood
    Recipe By: Betty Crocker

Ready In: 50 minutes

Servings: 6 - 8

Ingredients:
    6 ounces tuna in water
    1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese -- shredded
    3 ounces cream cheese -- cubed
    1/4 cup green onions -- sliced
    2 cups milk
    1 cup Bisquick baking mix
    4 large eggs
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    dash nutmeg

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
    Lightly grease a 10-inch pie plate.
    Mix tuna, cheeses and onions in pie plate.
    Beat remaining ingredients until smooth.
    Pour over ingredients in pie plate.
    Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
    Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

You could change the recipe to use low fat Bisquick, reduced calorie cream cheese, 1 C. egg substitute instead of the 4 eggs, 1% or nonfat milk, and use Pam on the pie plate instead of grease. I don't know what the points are, but I'll try to figure them later when I have the ingredients in front of me.
    09/24/03 191.2 / BMI 29.54<br />12/18/03 179.4 / BMI 27.72<br /><br />Target: 6/30/04 GW 147 / BMI 22.71

Like an impossible cheeseburger pie?

Here is my recipe, I think I got it off the back of the reduced fat Bisquick box:

brown ground beef (I use lean and the recipe I think calls for 1 lb but I always use less)
    brown chopped onions
    brown mushrooms (I don't think the actual recipe calls for this, but I like to add it and whatever veggies I have on hand, like green peppers, etc to add bulk for the meat I left out)

Spray a pie pan with PAM, add meat mixture, sprinkle with 1 cup shredded cheese (you can use about 4 slices light Velveeta too)
    In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup bisquick and 1 cup skim milk, then pour on top of cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The top will be nicely browned. It is so yummy!

I play around with this recipe all the time. I make it with imitation crab meat instead of the ground beef. You can mix and match any veggies you have on hand. And, you can change the type of cheese to complement your ingredients.

Depending on the ingredients you use, the points really vary. But, usually, I can get away with a pie for less than 20 points. Of course, I make it into four servings (you could do more), and it makes a great leftover for lunch the next day!

It is an easy way to get in a veggie or two and your family won't even know it!

Hope this was the type of recipe you were looking for.
    254/224/154