Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Baked Apple Pancake

I've been making this for years and it's my absolute favorite breakfast! I made some modifications for WW and it's low points too! I hope I figured the points correctly. If anyone could refigure and let me know that it's right, I'd appreciate it!

Baked Apple Pancake
    Serves about 2-4
    9 points total in recipe

1 med apple
    2 Tbsp. Splenda
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 Cup Egg substitute
    1/2 Cup Skim milk
    1/2 Cup Flour

Spray butter, yogurt(if desired)

Preheat oven to 400
    Spray 9inch cake pan with cooking spray.
    Peel and core apple, slice into thin bite size pieces.
    Put apples in bowl, add cinnamon and splenda and stir until apples are coated. Line bottom of cake pan with apples.
    In the same bowl used for the apples(don't rinse it) beat eggs and milk. Add flour 1 Tbsp. at a time and mix just until smooth.
    Pour on top of apples. Spray top of mixture a few times with spray butter.
    Bake for 20-25 minutes.

This will rise in the oven, then settle into pan once cooled. Slice and serve with a spoonful of yogurt,syrup, or I just eat it alone with 2 veggie sausage links! YUMMM!!!
    The kids LOVE this one too. It's not cakey, it's more firm and I've always found it sweet enough to eat alone. The recipe originally said it serves 6, but I've eaten half of the whole thing before as my breakfast.(I don't skimp with breakfast points, it's my favorite meal of the day!)
    I hope you guys enjoy!
    Meisha
    HT- 5'6<br />HW- 154.4<br />CW 150<br />GW 125

Meisha I'm cooking impaired so I have a question. Do you use plain flour or self rising flour?
    I never know when to use which flour when recipes just say flour. I buy plain flour but it seems I'm always needing self rising flour.
    Take care all<br />Sarah <br />CLWaterV2@aol.com

FirstCavWife Guest

Sarah,
    I've never made the recipe, but I can tell you about flour. Whenever you see "flour" in a recipe you are safe in assuming that it's all-purpose flour...UNLESS it says otherwise! If that's all you have and you need some self-rising flour then you can use a homemade version in a pinch. Just add 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder and a pinch of salt to every cup of regular flour.
    You can find some really great info on baking911.com It is packed full of all kinds of great stuff and is a wonderful reference site.
    HTH!!!
    -Dawn

Meisha!!!! Have you been spying on me here??????
    LOL

I have been searching for days trying to come up with just the right Baked apple pancake recipe. I have had an unbelievable desire for this. I tried two different recipes over the past week which were just so-so.
    This one looks PERFECT! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] Just what I have been looking for.

I am going to make it tonight. I even have the sausage.

Thank you....thank you.... [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Thank you Dawn! Now I'm going to make the pancake. I'm glad you cleared up my confusion.
    Thanks again!!! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Take care all<br />Sarah <br />CLWaterV2@aol.com

law4rach Guest

I absolutely cannot wait to try this.

It sounds great!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dawna, that's too funny!
    And Sarah, Dawn is right(thanks Dawn!), the flour is all purpose.
    I hope I got the points right for this and I hope you guys enjoy it a much as I do!
    Meisha

Bump! I just finished making this again, for the second time, and WOW! It is great!! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

You just have to try it! I have entered it into my recipe journal.

Thank you, Meisha! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

raidermom Guest

Hmmm......this DOES sound good! I will have to try it very soon.

I'm so glad you liked them Dawna! I'll be having some for breakfast tomorrow morning myself.

Yummmm this sounds DELICIOSO
    I am going to try this in the morning..
    K.<br />*******************************<br />The race is not to the fastest<br /><br />and not just the winner<br /><br />But the Finisher!!!!!!!<br />#################<br /> SW/168<br />WWG10%/149<br /> CW/156<br /> PGW/135<br />#################<br />SERIOUS ABOUT SUMMER<br />CHALLENGE<br />SW:156<br />Week 1-April 12th .5lbs loss 155.5<br />Week 2-April 19th<br />Week 3-April 26th<br />Week 4- May 3rd<br />Week 5- May 10th<br />Week 6- May 17th<br />Week 7- May 24th<br />Week 8- May 31st<br />_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _<br />SHORT TERM GOAL;<br />EASTER CHALLENGE:<br />LOOSE 5 LBS BY EASTER:<br />COUNTDOWN TO 150:<br />LONG TERM;<br />SWIMSUITE CHALLENGE:<br />15 LBS BY JULY<br />PETITES CHALLENGE:<br />PERSONAL GOAL OF 130

Woops, that last one was supposed to have something written!
    I was refiguring the points for this today and I came up with only 5 for the whole thing. Could this be right?

Apple-1
    Splenda-0
    Cinn. -0

1/2 Cup of eggbeater or 4 egg whites- 1
    1/2 Cup of Flour or 6 Tbsp. - 2
    1/2 Cup of skim milk - 1
    Total 5 points/

If anyone is getting something different, please let me know!
    Thanks,
    Meisha

Hi Meisha, I ran this through my M/C before I made it, and this is what I came up with. I don't see any way this can be 5=P, but I did come up with 8=P for the whole thing.

Dawna

* Exported from MasterCook *

Baked apple pancake

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 apple
    2 tablespoons splenda
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon*
    1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
    1/2 cup egg beaters® 99% egg substitute
    1/2 cup flour

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 205 Calories; 1g Fat (5.3% calories
    from fat); 10g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2mg
    Cholesterol; 116mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat;
    1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat.

NOTES : 2 servings // 4=P each
    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I saw in the WW book that 3Tbsp. of flour is one point, and I figured a half cup is about 6 Tbsp, so that would equal 2 points. I guess the mistake is there somewhere.
    What is the MasterCook? I need to get that program or sign up, whatever it is. I'm always in the kitchen, trying to figure each ingredient point and there's always a mistake somewhere.
    Thanks,
    Meisha

Hi Meisha, Replying to this is making my mouth water for that apple pancake again..might have to have it for myself for dinner tonight.

Anyway, 1/2 cup is equal to 8 tablespoons.

Mastercook is a computer program that I wouldn't be able to do my cooking/recipe creating without. It gives you all the nutritional info. on your recipes and a whole lot more. I plug in my recipes and then work them around until I have them tasty & point friendly.
    I have the 6.0 version. If you go over to Cybergranny's and do a search for it, I think you will find lots of info.

Hugs,
    Dawna

raidermom Guest

This is yummy! I finally tried it this morning. What a refreshing change for breakfast! I'm wonderin' how well frozen blueberries would work?

Thanks for posting this....

Thanks for the great recipe and the excellent website. . .I love it, especially the bread machine section. I just got a Zojirushi and it has a recipe for a Blueberry loaf and even a meatloaf. Great fun!

Judy
    [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Judy, What web site are you speaking of?

Raidermom: Pls. let us know how it comes out with blueberries.
    This is so darn good, I am making it again this morning. I have plenty of points, so this time I am going to eat the whole thing by myself before everyone here gets up!

Dawna

This was sooo good. I served it as a dessert, but I think I will use this as a low-fat Yorkshire pudding batter and make Toad in the Hole for brunch tomorrow. For the unititiated, this is basically, a baked pancake with cooked sausage links at the bottom - I will be using veggie breakfast sausages and browning them in a hot oven in a non-stick cake pan that I have spritzed with Pam. It is the act of pouring the batter into a hot pan that gives you a mega-rise on the pancake. To add to the Commonwealth theme, maple(type) syrup would be a great topping. Or sauteed apple slices.
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

)Oh my, Cordy C, that recipe sounds good!
    I used to make this, minus the apples and sweetner, adding veggie sausage and cheese crumbled up in the pan, then pour the batter on top. I loved that! But, the kid'os don't like it so much, so I don't make it too often.
    I think I'll try the sausage in the pan in the oven like you suggested, that sounds too good! (I'll give the kids cereal that day

Oh, and LegalEagle,
    I am definatly going to have to get that program! I do way to much cooking to be without.
    Thanks!

Good morning, Just have to say I made this twice over the weekend for myself, and once for everyone else for breakfast. I served it with Healthy Choice breakfast sausage (also delicious).
    In fact, yest. morning I had an abundance of points, so I made a whole one just for me, and had it with 1-P's worth of the sausage. It was soooo good.

Thanks again, Meisha!
    Dawna

P.S.. Do you have any more great recipes???? I know, I am shameless...constantly mooching for recipes! LOL

It's Saturday morning and I am making this right now. I can't wait until it comes out of the oven. I was a little concerned about there being no rising agent in the recipe, and came back here to read the posts. No one else seemed concerned, so it's in the oven right now! thanks for all the great recipe posts! this has made doing WW this time around so much more fun and enjoyable!!

Debnicu Guest

[img]smile.gif[/img] This was absolutely wonderful.Made it for DH and we both loved it.We served it with breakfast sausage patties. A definate repeat. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast