Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuffed French Toast (2 pts with syrup)

2 slices light bread (2 slices=1 point)
    1 Tbs fat free cream cheese (0 points)
    1/2 tsp grated orange peel (0 points)
    1 tsp orange juice or 1 tsp splenda (?)
    1 egg white whisked with 1 tsp water (0 points)

Mix cream cheese with orange peel and sweetener.
    Spread on bread and make a sandwich
    Dip into egg and fry with Pam or whatever brand you use.

I use Carey's sugar free maple syrup which is 30 calories for 1/4 cup. 1/4 cup is way too much syrup for me.
    You have to try it fixed this way first! It tastes so Bed and Breakfasty. If you know for sure that you won't like it then it'll be a great jump start on something different. Maybe instead of orange you might try strawberry preserves with DaVinci strawberry or orange marmalade with a Grand Marnier syrup.

Technically, with 1/4 cup Carey's syrup, wouldn't we consider this to be 2 points? I used the online points calculater so there might be room for error. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This sounds good I am gonig to try it. Thanks
    Aya: born Jan. 30, 2001
    Danya: born Jun. 10, 2004

Starting Date: Oct. 15, 2007
    SW:185.5lbs
    GW:125 lbs

Sounds great! I'm gonna have to try this one.
    Kathy

Replies

Think I'll try this tomorrow morn. Thanks for sharing!
    Fawn
    sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."
    again committed 1/09
    sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

Replies

I made this for breakfast this morn..or at least I did the best I could with what I had.
    I used egg beaters instead (1 pt per 1/4 c one container has a cup)
    sprinkled with cinnamon and 1 t splenda and whisked
    1 T ff cream cheese (1 T =1 pt)
    2 slices lite oatmeal bread (1 pt)
    1 t orange marmelade (0 pt)

So I came up with 3 points per serving but..mmmm delicious! My DH said that this recipe was a keeper. I was able to make 4 servings. The above ingredients does not reflect additional servings!

Thanks for sharing. Now I'll do the same!
    Fawn
    If you don't matter...you shatter
    sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."
    again committed 1/09
    sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

I just recently saw an IHOP commercial for this and I knew there would be a tasty and healthier version I could make. Thank you so much. This looks great.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

This is one of those "oops, never mind" kind of edited posts.

[img]odear.gif[/img]

This is great. I made a modified version and loved. I didn't use orange peel and orange juice in mine. I sprinkled splenda and cinnamon in my cream cheese and used raspberry spreadable fruit as a topping for it after it was done.

Thanks for the great idea! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Crystal<br />sw-204<br />cw-204<br>gw-159
    recommitted lifetimer

shannon35 Guest

I am going to make this for DF this weekend. Usually he is the one making breakfast, but I will beat him to it. He has been drooling over the IHOP commercials for stuffed French toast, and this will be so much better for him.

Thanks for sharing!

Shannon

10. Post

This was great! Can't wait to fix it again. I'm going to try making extra sandwiches this weekend so all I have to do is cook it in the morning. I found a really good sugar free syrup with only 10 calories per 1/4 cup. It's called Vermont Sugar Free. I found it at K-Mart.

This does look great. [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] I'm going to try it.

Thank you for posting it! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Hugs,
    Dawna

Yummy! I bet my DD would love this too! Thanks for sharing. We'll give it a try.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

This sounds so yummy! I was looking for something other than omlettes to serve my parent when they come for a visit in two weeks! I'm sure this will be a HUGE success!

Thank you!!!!

Lindsay
    Website: <a href="http://www.freewebs.com/lindsayandryan" target="_blank">http://www.freewebs.com/lindsayandryan</a>

p.c. Guest

I'm going to try this with sugar free Smuckers strawberry jam instead of the orange juice. YUM!

law4rach Guest

I loved these, they are great.

I used ff cream cheese, orange marmelade, and orange peel. WONDERFUL! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Cant wait to try this out.. Sounds so good..
    thanks for the receipe...
    fribbit

restart:
    sw 176
    cw 135.5
    ww gw 141
    my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02
    sw 198
    goal 129!! made it!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/fribbitspage

Replies

Thank you!!! I made a big dish of these up and took them to work for an early (6:00 AM) meeting, and all the guys loved them.They all wanted the recipe to take home to their wives..Thanks again...KimR [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    SW/239.2<br />CW/208.5<br />GW/160.<br />Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!!<br />Princess Culture Vulture<br />Start date 02-03-04<br />10% 04-20-04<br />pledge 10 #<br />wk 1: -3<br />wk 2: +1 1/2<br />wk 3: -1

I can't wait to try these! I have all the ingredients, now I just need to clean the kitchen!

raidermom Guest

This was a good idea. I spread the bread with FF cream cheese and SF rasberry preserves and then dipped them in Eggbeaters. After cooking I had one with SF syrup and one with a few squirts of ICBINB spray and a dusting of Splenda. I like the ICBINB and Splenda, it didn't overpower the cream cheese/rasberry flavor.
    DH and my father(who happened to be here for breakfast) thought it was great also!

Thanks!

Cheryl

Bumping up for Sunni! Enjoy! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Replies

Oh My Gosh this sounds really great Buddies!!! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Thank you for all of your ideas.

Wendy

HPGW~214/SW~197.6/CW~162.6 /GW~140/PG~135
    HT 5'3"
    LT 6/1992

"Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize" Phil 3:13-14
    Wendy ~ Mommy to 4 GREAT Boys~ 19, 11, 7, & 4
    LT~ 6/1992
    HPregW 228 May 24 06

Replies

Hi KimR,

Just curious. Did you warm them up when you got to work? Or, how did you serve them?

Thanks!!!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Replies

Thumbs up

Thanks for the recipe. It sure sounds yummy. When I saw the commercial, I wondered how I was going to taste this without getting into trouble.
    Lilly - My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. I Samuel 2:1

Replies

Lightbulb

Morning Everyone,

I bought Vermont Sugar Free Syrup and its only 10 Calories per serving!! It tastes really good. You don't need much cause its a nice sweet taste. I bought it in Shoprite. Have a great OP day ladies !!

Janet [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

raidermom Guest

I just wanted to mention that I have been using the Laughing Cow Cheese Light in place of the FF cream cheese. One wedge will cover 2 of the stuffed french toasts......and it's only 30 calories a wedge. MUCH more flavorful IMHO........ [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast