Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: chocolate pumpkin oatmeal

Hello
    I thought this was posted on the site somewhere.
    But can't find it once I wanted to see it.
    Can anyone help??

Thanks
    highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123
    MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!
    Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today!
    Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05
    YIPPEE! 83% towards Gold award

Replies

This is the recipe I had on file. I don't know exactly where I found it, but hope this is the one you are looking for. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is so delicious and filling--I mix 1 C canned pumpkin with 1/2 c uncooked oatmeal --1 cup H20--and 1 packet of ff/sf hot cocoa and cook the whole works in the microwave for 3-4 minutes til cooked--it makes a huge and wonderful bowl that tastes like a chocolate-pumpkin oatmeal cookie--you can also add a little pumpkin pie spice and splenda if you like--you get a veggie, a milk, and good fiber all in one Oh--darn--I see I left the liquid out of the recipe huh--you add 1 c water just like you would if you were preparing 1/2 c oatmeal--and then add the cocoa and pumpkin and splenda and spice if desired--sorry!!
    3 pt breakfast!!! hope you enjoy
    Mary<br /> VERY PROUD ARMY WIFE<br /> VERY PROUD MOTHER<br /><br />highest weight: 224<br />Start Date: April 17, 2003 <br />SW: 200<br />CW: 190<br />GW: 145 <br />Point range: 22-27

just chocolate oatmeal .though

chocolate oatmeal
    Click on this link
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

dachshundtales Guest

I made the chocolate pumpkin oatmeal this morning and I liked it although I think it could use a little less pumpkin or more oatmeal... it was a little thin and needed more bulk. I used like 3 pkts of splenda too. Other than that I did not eat again until one in the afternoon! Thanks for such a cool idea and pumpkin is so good for us too. Donna

JMC Guest

I LOVE this! I've been making it with only 1/2 C. of pumpkin, and some cinnamon though. The extra 1/2 C. of pumpkin added a point (to make it 3 total), and really didn't do much for me since the bowl is so huge anyway!

I use 1/2 C. oatmeal, 1/2 C. pumpkin, 1 C. water, 1 packet FF cocoa, and then add a packet of Splenda and some cinnamon - total is 2 points. I had this for breakfast this morning!! Sooooo good [img]smile.gif[/img]

- JMC

thanks everyone. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner.
    Major computer problems kept me offline for a while.
    At least I'm on vacation to catch up on things
    highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123
    MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!
    Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today!
    Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05
    YIPPEE! 83% towards Gold award

dachshundtales Guest

I have been making this and think I have it down to a science now...

1/2c. oatmeal= 2 pt
    1/2c. pumpkin = 0 pt
    1/2c. water
    2T. of fat free instant cocoa = 1 pt.
    pie spice to taste
    a little divinci syrup ( amaretto is all I have left [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img] )
    2 pkts. splenda
    1 T. peanut butter = 2 pt

I put the oatmeal, pumpkin, water, cocoa in micro. for 3 min. and then stir in the rest... yummy taste sorta like a cow patti! [img]graemlins/clown.gif[/img] ( you know the unbaked chocolate drop cookies )

I am so hooked on this stuff I havent eaten Kashi in a week!!!!

Is pumpkin a fruit or a veggie? Donna

Replies

Hi Donna,

Pumpkin is a veggie - don't cha just love that?? :eek:

I really like this recipe. It sticks with me when oatmeal generally leaves me starving within a couple of hours.

I'm glad you mentioned adding the peanut butter. I was wondering about that, but just had not tried it yet. It would add a bit of protein and fat in a good way. I'm always on the look out to get that protein in. I'll give it a try very soon.

Thanks,
    Diane

Replies

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been on-the-fence regarding this dish... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I LOVE oatmeal (and oat groats). I LOVE pumpkin pie and cooked squash (which is what I've probably use...)

But the chocolate/pumpkin/oatmeal-thing has had me wondering...

The "aforementioned" comment saying it tastes like a cow pie [img]tongue.gif[/img] has now pushed-me-OVER!! LOL!!

(I really AM going to try it. Just to say I did!) [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Carol
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sounds like a must-try to me. Breakfast is the hardest for me to plan. This is definitely an interesting one!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

dachshundtales Guest

Hey dont knock it till you tried it. I put the peanut butter in the middle of the cooked oatmeal,pumpkin, cocoa mixture then I just eat it with every bite and YUMMY! As a matter of fact I just made my own peanut butter the other day and whew its good too! So I will have to make more of it as everyone liked it. Good thing I live in peanut farm land. Donna

Replies

So???? Did you try it yet, Carol???? What do you think?

It's pretty darn good, I'd say!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    I'm out of oatmeal. [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img]

YUMMY!!!! I made this for breakfast today & it was delicious! In fact, i was so filling that I couldn't quite finish it all- a change for me in the food department LOL. The peanut butter is great in this too!

I used the Swiss Miss diet cocoa- the one that's 25 calories & says Plus Calcium on the box. Can I count that as a serving of milk?
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Eating this as I type...Pretty tasty! (It looks kinda nasty, though! [img]odear.gif[/img] )

I'm gonna try it with PB next time. Yum!
    ~Heather~

Replies

You know...I haven't tried it yet, DMarkey!!

I start to, and then I read another negative post...!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I DO know that I don't like the canned pumpkin. When I used it for a "Fluff" recipe, I tasted little hard bits (of rind or glass? whatever, it was very unpleasant [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). So NOW, unless the pumpkin is COOKED, I only use cooked or frozen squash.

Really, it's on my list of Things TO DO...!! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Carol

Hey, this one looks good to me. I have been looking for both pumpkin & breakfast recipes. This could fit the bill for both.

I will let you know how I like it. I will try it this weekend.

Thanks & hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

dachshundtales Guest

Carol, glass? In canned pumpkin? That is scary! I have ate so many cans of the stuff I have never had that b/f. It does look nasty but so do many other foods especially seafood, but sometimes they are the best tasting things! I add a packet of splenda to mine also. I love it! I will turn orange soon though with all the pumpkin and sweet potatoes I bought at the farm down the road. I love those just thrown in the mircowave and then cut them open and put splenda on it then sprinkle with ground red pepper! No need for butter or spray. Gotta try new things. Donna.

Replies

Well, Donna, it was something hard?! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It was enough to switch me over to frozen squash...But, like I said, I LOVE canned pumpkin when it's cooked!! Carol

Dash, when I first read this I thought you must be kidding.......but I tried it, with the pnt butter and it is very good. Filled me up and warmed me up. Thanks for a neat idea I would have never thought up on my own. What ever possed you to put pumpkin in oatmeal in the first place. Just wondering? Thanks for the good idea.

dachshundtales Guest

Sorry can`t take credit for this one.. All the salutes go to FourStubs, Thank yOu FourStubbs for finding this and putting it on the board for all of us. I have now cut the Hot chocolate down to 1T. Its 0 pts! And still use the 1/2c. each of water, oatmeal, pumpkin absoultely love the peanut butter ( now that part was my idea [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img] ) in the middle. Man how I do love peanut butter. Its not the prettiest food in the morning but it sure fills you up and its enough to have to use a good size bowl! Look at all that fiber and vitamins too! Just can`t lose! Donna

Replies

I, too, tried this and really like it. It is the most filling thing I think I've eaten. I have tried it with and without the PB and to be honest, can't tell a whole lot of difference. But, if I need some protein I add it. I also, cut back how much cocoa I use. Instead of a whole pkg. of Swiss Miss which is zero points, I have added just about a TBS. because it was a little too chocolatey for me. Couldn't count the Swiss Miss as a milk anyway since it is the kind you must add milk to to make hot cocoa.
    Thanks for the recipe--even DH thought it wasn't too bad and he doesn't like cooked cereal much at all. The fiber and nutrients in it make it taste even better I think. It's nice to be making such informed and nutricious choices.
    Kathy<br />Started WW 5-6-02<br />SW 211.2 <br />WWG 155<br />CW 148<br />PG 150<br />With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything, even myself.

Replies

Well, I must say this is the craziest oatmeal I've ever eaten, but I've eaten it twice now, so I must like it. It's very filling, which is good for me because for some reason oatmeal doesn't fill me up. You know, stick to the ribs, fills you up kind of thing? Not me. So this works for me. It's very filling, in fact, I need to add more water to make mine a little thinner. Cow Pie pretty much describes it for me! I have to have mine thinner. But it tastes good and makes a big bowl. (I almost typed bowel!!) LOL! I suppose that too!!
    JeanetteSki

Replies

I leave for a few days and this is what happens??? LOL COWFLOP??? Okay...well, I can't take credit for this recipe....I only had it on file.... You guys have me LOL!!!

Mary
    Mary<br /> VERY PROUD ARMY WIFE<br /> VERY PROUD MOTHER<br /><br />highest weight: 224<br />Start Date: April 17, 2003 <br />SW: 200<br />CW: 190<br />GW: 145 <br />Point range: 22-27

Replies

this was mine originally
    Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

Replies

Hi, loseit! And thanks for the recipe! I've made it many times, as well as my niece, and we're nuts about it! Do you like the name "mudpies surprise"---that was a name I liked from a post where we were "naming" this delish treat! So you have the honor of naming it officially--please let us know your decision, chef!

PS-I have found that I like to leave it in the microwave for about 5 minutes til it gets kind of hard on the top. Then it has kinda the texture of a big oatmeal/pumpkin cookie! YUUUUUUUm!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast