Thread: The Best 2-Point Breakfast Ever!

IceskatefanRN Guest

Hi Buddies!

I just made the most terrific low-point tortilla find.... Actually, my fabulous mother-in-law is visiting from California, and she brought these for me.

They are tortillas from La Tortilla Factory. This particular one is called a "Whole Wheat Low Carb Low Fat Tortilla". The nutritional info is as follows - 60 calories, 2 g fat, 9 g fiber. That's right, NINE grams of fiber! That comes out to just ONE point per tortilla!

I don't know yet what stores sell these as MIL got them at a local store in Carmichael, CA, near Sacramento. You can order them by the case at their website if you want...here's the link:

La Tortilla Factory

Let me share my new 2 point breakfast I made up using these:

Spray a microwaveable glass dish with cooking spray. Cook 1/4 cup Eggbeaters in the dish, with a Saran Wrap Quickcover over it. I cook mine for about 1 minute, stir it up, then cook an additional 20-30 seconds at a time until it's done.

Warm up a Healthy Choice Sausage Patty on a microwave plate.

Warm up the La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low Carb Low Fat Tortilla....

Put cooked egg, sausage, and 1 slice of Bordens Fat Free Sharp Cheddar Cheese in the tortilla, for a yummy, TWO POINT breakfast burrito! If you like it spicy, add some zero point salsa!

Breakdown is as follows:

Tortilla: 60 cal 2 gm Fat 9 gm Fiber
    Sausage (1): 24 cal 1 gm Fat 0 gm Fiber
    Cheese: 30 cal 0 gm Fat 0 gm Fiber
    EggBeaters: 30 cal 0 gm fat 0 gm Fiber

TOTAL: 144 cal 3 gm Fat 9 gm Fiber

This comes to just TWO POINTS on my WW slider! So totally yummy too!

Let me know what you think!

Replies

Wow, this sounds good. Thanks for the link. The tortillas are hard to come by, however. I am thinking of ordering a case of them and selling the packages of 10 for $3.30 each which is what they would cost per package plus shipping costs, to people who want them. Do you know if tortillas can be frozen effectively? I would freeze some of them if you can do that.

Kathy
    211/184/155
    Started WW 5-6-02
    With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything--even myself.
    Kathy<br />Started WW 5-6-02<br />SW 211.2 <br />WWG 155<br />CW 148<br />PG 150<br />With God's help I am strong enough to conquer anything, even myself.

I freeze my tortilla shells all the time, I live a little ways away from the store where I can always find them. So I buy up several packages and freeze them. Just take out of freezer and let thaw for a few hours in refrig.

Hey I looked on this web site and figured the points for a soft taco size tortilla fat free, comes out to one pt. also. Are these smaller you reckon than the wheat ones. We really like white better than wheat. Any idea?
    Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

IceskatefanRN Guest

I haven't had their white ones yet, just the wheat. And let me say that the wheat ones come to BARELY one point - that's why you can add the cheese, sausage, and egg, and just come to 2 points total.

As to the size of the white ones, they might be just a bit smaller since they are "soft taco size", but probably would still be very filling. If you give 'em a try, let me know what you think!

[img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

I am going to try these! Thanks!!!

penguinkeeper2000 Guest

Thanks so much for the info. I just ordered a case. It tells you on the web site that you can freeze them up to 6 months.

Hey I ordered the white ones and they are to be delivered by Aug. 5th can't wait. I will let you all know what I think about the white ones, you know it will be as soon as they come. LOL
    Mexican is my favorite food in whole wide world.
    Thanks so much for the info.
    Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

Thanks for Sharing!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

They also have a tortilla made by the same company that is 15 grams of fiber. The only grocery store in my area that sells them is HEB and Albertsons. I called the company and they said they were the only ones in my area (houston) that was authorized to sell them.

thenewtbosten Guest

Default Re: The Best 2-Point Breakfast Ever!

Uh, 60 calories and 9 grams of fiber is 0 points, if I'm not mistaken! Every 50 calories is 1 point, every 5 grams of fiber subtracts 1 point! Not that you can eat a whole bag without counting them, but I buy these all the time and count them as 0!

Ice was correct with her post. Fiber is capped at 4 grams on current plans. That changed with the Winning Points system and is still in effect today.

60 calories, 2 grams fat, and 4 grams fiber is .5666 points which rounds up to 1 point.

Zina in Zushi Guest

WOW! Thanks for the info! I am in Japan but my american market has those tortillas. I didn't realize they were so low in points. I have been eating only small FF corn tortillas...which I love , but variety is the BLAh BLAH BLAh! I usually put my 1 or 2 point veggie burger in a tortilla...so glad to have more choices!

BigRain Guest

these wheat tortillas are awesome! df and i learned of them when we went through our atkins (yuck!) phase. FYI!!! watch out for the garlic and herb! please try them before buying a case of them! they gave both df and i terrible heartburn, i guess from the garlic? and also the post lunch burps are none too friendly to your co-workers! they are very strong flavored so please try before you buy !!!

EmilyHell Guest

they sell 'em at Safeway for those of you on the West Coast!

Replies

I bought mine at albertsons & the smaller one calculates on the WWOL point calculator as 0 points.
    Babyphat
    gotta get rid of the babyphat
    sw 181.5
    cw 162
    gw 140
    tl 19.5

purefantase Guest

Hey im from canada so anyone know where you canpurchase these here??

Thx in advance
    Nicole

That sounds sooo yummy, and I am always looking for yummy and low points!

mamaov4 Guest

This sounds GREAT We found those same tortia at Jewel (chicago area sister company to albertsons) They also come in MANY flavors like garlic, green onion and i saw sun dried tomatoe as well..

My DH who is on WW too decided he would have a high point breakfast because he REALLY wanted sausage and eggs.. Too bad we did not look here first he did the same thing only using real eggs and regular sausage came out to 12 points he has to have a very low point rest of the day. I am adding the healthy choice sausage to my shopping list!!!! Thanks for sharing

Sounds really good, and filling which is what I'm looking for.

csdtlp Guest

You can buy them Kroger for anyone in SC
    I love them!!

Me4Me Guest

I found them at Safeway and Shoppers for anyone in the Northern VA area.

Callistarose Guest

Awesome Recipe!! Thank you!