1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup skim/ff milk
    1/2 cup Egg Beaters
    1/2 cup UNsweetened apple sauce
    4 Tbsp Brown Sugar Twin
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 325. Combine dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Mix it all up. Pour into a square glass baking dish that has been well sprayed on sides and bottom with Pam. Bake for about 45 Min. Let cool, cut into servings and store in the refrigerator or freezer.

Special Notes
    This is the recipe as I found it. I used 6 packets of equal instead of the Brown Sugar Twin. I found that 45 Min was WAY to long to cook it and that it was done to my liking after 25 min (guess it depends on the oven). I take the individual serving cut it in half and put ICBINB spray and some SF maple syrup on it. It is very filling. I might try using splenda and more cinnamon, maybe substitute the apple sauce with canned pumpkin, and use Old Fashioned Oats instead of quick oats.

Replies

Now this sounds GOOD and healthy. I'm not much of an hot oatmeal fan, except for oatmeal cookies

Thanks for sharing your variations. I will be trying this one as soon as I get some oatmeal.

Thanks again, Tinka!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Moved to Breakfast Foods forum.

This is my favorite breakfast I make it in Muffins though so it is easier to carry with you. Hubby is not op so I make him a batch and add nuts.I switch from raisins to craisins or some time the tropical fruit mix.
    I make several batches at one time then freeze them and just put a few out at a time
    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

I'm not trying to be difficult, but I counted this one out a few times and I come up with 4 points per serving.

2 cups oatmeal = 12 points
    1 cup milk = 2 points
    1/2 cup egg beaters = 1 point
    1/2 cup applesauce = 1 point
    Total 16 points divided by 4 servings = 4 points

Am I off base here? (I sure hope so, cause I'd much rather count 3 for this than 4!) LOL

Kim

Cairo, Egypt (originally from Philadelphia, USA)
    Replies

According to the 2002 points list, 1 cup cooked oatmeal = 2 points (= 1/2 cup uncooked, dry). So 2 cups uncooked = 8 points, not 12. Then it comes out to 3 pts per serving.

By the way, the oats I get here have no label, but I checked on www.quakeroatmeal.comand according to the nutritional label on the site, the new points are definitely correct!

By the way, the site has some great recipes - worth checking out. They mark them as reduced fat, etc., so it's easy to find the lower point treats!

Rachel

So, when we're baking now and using oatmeal, we can count 4 points per cup of oatmeal instead of 6 like I've been using? Woohoo!

Kim

I made these tonite and used 1/2 cup pumpkin instead of the applesauce and added some pumpkin pie spice to it.

I made it in a pie plate and cut wedges. I cut 2 1/4's for breakfasts for dh and myself and then the other half of the "pie" I cut it in 4 so that we could have snacks too. I just finished my snack for the night and that's about the best 1.5 points I ever had!

Delicious.

Kim

Replies

Wow this sounds great! Would it be the same points for the muffins?? How many muffins did you make with this recipe?

Barb [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Picturetrail
    Member login: Barb2003

"The battle's inside of me, the fights begun but not yet won and I won't become, one more casualty"
    Marty Casey

"In your eyes I am complete"
    Peter Gabriel

WCFD52 Guest

I have been making this for almost a year now - at least one batch a week and love it. The only thing I do different is instead of the vanilla extract, I use SF DaVinci Syrup to change the flavor all the time. I also bake it in an 8 X 8 dish and cut it into 6 servings for 2 points each. If I add raisins or cranberries I usually count it for 3 points. It is really good cold or hot and really helps my keep hunger at bay.

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

peachplus Guest

Just wanted to bump this up as I have it in the oven right now and it is smelling so good. I add a few raisins to it and the family loves it.

mmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Sounds so good, am gonna go make some right now!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

SuzyQ99 Guest

So I have a question, in the original post, you mentioned that 6 packets of equal could be used in place of the Brown Sugar Twin. Would that reduce the number of points or is Brown Sugar Twin an artificial sweetener?
    Thanks!

Replies

Brown Sugar Twin is an artificial sweetener. so the points won't change.

Kimba
    CORE and lovin' it

shihtzuX2 Guest

Thanks for the recipe!

When I made it, I used Splenda, doubled the vanilla and the cinnamon AND added a teaspoon of nutmeg. It is great!

I baked it Sunday and have been eating a piece a day. This morning, I ate it cold from the refrigerator and it's even good cold.

I bought the Brown Sugar Twin and tried a packet of that on top of it Monday. I found this substitute to be kind of bitter tasting. I was really disappointed with it. Does it fare any better if you bake with it?

SuzyQ99 Guest

I had the same experience with the brown sugar twin... i really didn't like it very much :-(
    Splenda is much better

I've never even been able to FIND the brown sugar Twin - but based on the feedback, I don't think I'll bother!

Love this recipe - very tasty and filling.

Char

shihtzuX2 Guest

Well, I think I found the secret for using the Brown Sugar Twin -- at least as a topping for a dish. I was perplexed bec. I had that whole box to use or throw away, so I gave it another shot. I mixed a tablespoon or so of the Twin with a packet of Splenda and it was just fine with my oatmeal.

Maybe I just need something "sweeter" to partner up with it and mask the bitterness. I am curious to see if this trick will also work in recipes that call for sugar (Splenda) AND brown sugar (Twin). Haven't baked with it yet. If I can successfully substitute half or so of the brown sugar with the Twin (in recipes that call for a lot of br. sug.), the Twin would be worth it IF the food tastes all right.

THANKS for posting this. I used to eat Baked Oatmeal all the time. I'm not a fan of oatmeal, but I loved the baked oatmeal.

I'll definitely be trying this and soon!!!!

Argh. I just went to the store to get the ingredients for this and I forgot to get baking powder. Since I'm sick today and home from work, the LAST thing I want to do is go out again. Can this be made without the baking powder? Or can I substitute? I'm the cooking-challenged, so I really don't know.

Thanks.

CherylM Guest

Bumping cause this is such a great recipe!

Replies

hi ,

can you guy's please tell me what egg beaters are!!!! also is brown sugar twin just like nutra sweet????

thanks I would like to make but am unsure of these two ingredience.

Tez from Aussie

don't want this to get lost
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

This looks yummy. I think I'm going to make some tomorrow. Thank you!!
    SW: 318(before WW about 338)<br />CW: 299<br />GW: 200 (???)<br /><br />GONE: 19+ pounds (Or shall I say about 40?!?)

Well, I tried this and it was fantastic. I used 5 splenda instead of the brown sugar twin and used 3 egg whites instead of eggbeaters.

I topped it with SF syrup and some FF Cool Whip. It was delicious. We ate it last night and I just had some this morning.

Thanks!!
    SW: 318(before WW about 338)<br />CW: 299<br />GW: 200 (???)<br /><br />GONE: 19+ pounds (Or shall I say about 40?!?)

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast