Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pumpkin pancakes - really good

1. Default

This morning I went through my In Season WW cookbook and made Pumpkin Pancakes. DH and I figured they'd be gross, but we thought we'd take a shot. OH MY GOSH! They were SO good! I couldn't believe it!! So, I just had to share it with all of you! Also, for 4 pancakes (1/4 c of batter) they were 6 points! So, you could have 2 if you wanted for 3 ponts! I posted it in the recipes under breads,too.

I used lite maple syrup - so good with the pumpkin.

Here it is:

PUMPKIN PANCAKES
    from WW In Season

2C all purpose flour 2T sugar
    1T plus 1t baking powder
    1t salt
    1t ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
    1&1/2C skim milk
    1C mashed, cooked or canned unsweetened pumpkin
    1/4 C butter or stick margarine, melted
    2 Lg egg yolks
    4 Lg egg whites (at room temperature)

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
    Combine milk and next three ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moist.
    2. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold beaten whites into pumpkin mixture.
    3. Pour 1/4 C of batter for each pancake onto a hot nonstick griddle or skillet. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side.
    Yield: 6 servings
    Serving size: 4 pancakes - 6 points

Moved to Breakfast Foods forum.

Lightbulb Re: pumpkin pancakes - really good

i wanted to bump this because it sounds yummy. It might be a little out dated. I duno that i would want to use regular butter in it. and i duno how the point system worked in 2001. But it sounds delicious. If someone has that handy dandy software and could plug in the ingredients as shown and would post the pts/serving that would be awsome. It just sounds so good as we start heading into autom.

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!
    One of the most powerfull ways to attain a more positive body image is to have realistic expectations about what you can achieve and then to set realistic goals to achieve them.
    -Dr. Phill

SW:230 GW:155
    CW:230

Default Re: pumpkin pancakes - really good

Yum! I love pumpkin foods! I just had some LF pumpkin cream cheese yesterday. I am going to make these this weekend.
    SW 153 CW 134 GW 125
    10% Goal: 130

flutterby Guest

Bumping this again.

If possible, could someone run this through MC for verification of points? I made them this morning and they were really good and perfect for a cool fall morning.

I couldn't eat four pancakes if I wanted to, two were quite filling and a pretty good deal for only three points if thats correct.

Thanks!

Thumbs up Re: pumpkin pancakes - really good

The weather just turned downright chilly here today...cool enough to get the fireplace going. These pancakes sound perfect for breakfast tomorrow! I even have pumpkin in the pantry Can't wait to try them!!! Thanks for posting!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    SW:176 (8/31/04)
    GW:144 (1/11/05)
    CW:127.5
    PG: 125
    LIFETIME: 04/05/05
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

Replies

Hi Everyone!

I am really interested in making these pancakes this weekend....Could someone verify the points for us? I am new at this and don't want to blow it!

Thanks,

Karen

I ran this thru m/c and this is what I come up with:

* Exported from MasterCook *

PUMPKIN PANCAKES

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2 cups flour, all-purpose
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 1/2 cups milk, skim
    1 cup pumpkin, canned -- or fresh mashed
    1/4 cup butter
    2 egg yolks
    4 egg whites -- room temp

combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl make well in center of mixture. combine milk and next 3 ingrd. add to flour stir just till moist.

beat egg whites till stiff peaks form gently fold into pumpkin mixture

pour 1/4 cup of batter for each cake unto hot griddle cook till tops are bubbly and edges look cooked turn and finish cooking

Yield:
    "24 cakes"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 304 Calories; 10g Fat (29.5% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 832mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

These truly are 6 points a serving. Hope this helps Jane :angel
    I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!
    S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03
    Working my way back to goal !!

Replies

The butter sounds completely unneccessary and you could sub eggbeaters or whites for the whole eggs. I think this recipe would be delicious anyway.
    There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

jacquiodell Guest

Default Re: pumpkin pancakes - Any more pumkin ideas

These were out of this world, yum! Any more pumpkin ideas?

Talking Re: pumpkin pancakes - really good

ok question- the lady that ran it through her MC ...the points said 6 for a serving. yet at the top the serving size said 6...so are they a point a piece?...can we get an answer on that pleaseeeeeee id love to try them ! thanks!

I think that means 6 servings in the recipe, not that there were 6 pancakes in each serving.

The original post says: Serving size: 4 pancakes - 6 points

The MC says Yield:"24 cakes"

Either way you get 6 servings of 4 pancakes each.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

I'm wondering, just because I prefer shortcuts, could you use the boxed "just add water" butermilk pancake mix and then add some canned pumpkin and seasoning? I do that with fruit, and generally the pancakes (w/o fruit) comes out to 1 pt. per 4 inch pancake. Then I use sugar free syrup.
    AMY

I think that's a great idea. I'm going to give it a try this weekend with some whole wheat baking mix I picked up this week. I'll let you know how it comes out.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

15. Default Re: pumpkin pancakes - really good

I've been doing this for a few weeks now. I use Bob's Red Mill 10-Grain Pancake mix, add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices, and voila! Pumpkin pancakes. They taste great and are 2 points apiece.
    Suzie

Creampuff Guest

This was sooooooo good!

And What I've gone and done is I've put them in lunch bags, 2 by 2, and stick 'em iin the toaster in the AM so .. sort of a replacement for Eggos

Replies

I made these last Sunday for breakfast, and we froze the rest, and I was eating them every morning for days. I ran out yesterday and I am definitely making more this weekend. They are so yummy! I just eat two of them. But I swear, I could eat them all day!!!
    Linette

Lifetime: 2/9/06
    SW: 187
    GW: 150 I got down to 142 at my lowest weight...

Re-dedicating myself as of 01/04/11 NewSW:190
    CW: 173.0 (-17.) WOOT!!! (08/01/2011)

Proud mommy to Kiley Alyssa 6/25/03 and Marisa Gail 2/20/08

Replies

Oh yum! these were really, really good. I think I am going to freeze some pre-made for easy eating, and also freeze some batter and see how that works.
    Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185
    GW - 145
    CW - 158

I have been doing this for weeks now. It all started with Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. Then IHOP started serving pumpkin pancakes. I took buckwheat pancake batter only added water to make batter. Then added Libby's canned pumpkin and some pumpkin spices OMGosh they were Wonderful! Enjoy! GinaH
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Replies

Has anyone tried sub's for the sugar/butter and flour? Just wondering if I sub splenda/promise and wheat flour would it still taste good?

Replies

Stef--
    First of all, the splenda/sugar sub won't make a difference in the points. Its only 2 points over the whole recipe.

Second, I use 1 c. whole wheat and 1 c. white flour coz I like the whole wheat taste. There is only a 1 point different over the whole recipe.

As for the butter, I can't imagine it would change the recipe flavor much. I don't really use margarine so I don't know.

Kaitlin
    Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185
    GW - 145
    CW - 158

Replies

Thanks..going to run it threw mastercook changing the flour and butter and see what happens, I just didnt want to ruin the taste of these by changing the ingredients.

Woopsy Guest

I made pumpkin pancakes from a Sunset Magazine recipe a few weeks ago, they were FABULOUS. This recipe called for candied ginger, sliced thin, mixed in butter with a tad of cinnamon. Awesome.

These sound really good. In fact, just this past weekend I was looking for recipes for the can of pumpkin in the pantry.

Thank goodness I didn't make the pumkin muffins with cake mix. Not because I can't have them...of course, I can, but I would have probably eaten the whole thing eventually...and that's never good.

This way, I can eat the pancakes in the morn for breakfast and ultimately exercise some control while being satisfied with my taste for pumpkin.

GTF
    SW: 204.6 Highest ever
    CW: 186.5 Thank Goodness
    10%:183.6 Fantastic
    GW: 155 Excellent!

In regard to losing: Every ounce counts!

dachshundtales Guest

Thanks for posting this one. I love pumpkin and I love pancakes ( who doesn`t?!) and I have that cookbook I think its the best ckbk w.w. has ever put out! If ya`ll don`t have it try ebay its a good one. Donna

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast