Makes 6 servings

2 C. boiling water
    2 C. skim or low-fat milk
    2 C. regular rolled oats
    1/2 tsp. salt
    3/4 C. chopped pitted prunes, apricots, or raisins
    2 med. apples or pears, chopped fine
    2 tsp. ground cinammon (or to taste)
    3 TBS. brown sugar, maple or dark corn syrup or table molasses (or DV SF pancake syrup or any other syrup)

Serve with FF 1/2 and 1/2, vanilla soymilk, skim, or low-fat milk.

Combine the water, milk, oats and salt in an ovenproof casserole. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in the fruit, cinnamon and sugar, cover and place in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes; remove cover for last 5 minutes of baking.

Points per serving:

Using prunes and apples:
    Per Serving: 237 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Using prunes and pears:
    Per Serving: 243 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Using apricots and apples:
    Per Serving: 196 Calories; 2g Fat; 7g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Using apricots and pears:
    Per Serving: 202 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Using raisins and apples:
    Per Serving: 241 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 51g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Using raisins and pears:
    Per Serving: 247 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 52g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Now, with a sugar-free or splenda based syrup:

Using prunes and apples:
    Per Serving: 214 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Using prunes and pears:
    Per Serving: 220 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Using apricots and apples:
    Per Serving: 173 Calories; 2g Fat; 7g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Using apricots and pears:
    Per Serving: 179 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 33g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Using raisins and apples:
    Per Serving: 219 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Using raisins and pears:
    Per Serving: 224 Calories; 2g Fat; 8g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

Hope that helps!!
    ~Mary~
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Pulling this to the top - just made this and it is terrific. We had two portions this morning for our brekkie, and I've divvied the rest up and frozen it - it'll be a great breakfast-in-a-hurry on mornings we don't have any time.

You get a huge portion for the points, and I bet it'll keep a lot of us warm on these cold northern mornings!

Sunshine & laughter,
    P

Replies

I'm glad you made it and liked it, Aviatrix! Carol

Replies

Hey Carol! Long time no see!

This looks YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting it.
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

Replies

Hey, Momma!

Just the thing for a COLD WINTER morning! Hope you like it! Carol

I'm moving this to the Breakfast Foods forum.

Replies

Can I *reply* to my own post?!

I wanted oatmeal the other morning, and when I had it it seemed so bland ...Then I remembered this recipe!

I made it and my DH and I fought over the servings...I wrapped the last serving and put it at the BACK of the refrigerator...and he FOUND it!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I served it to a friend yesterday morning and her comment was: "This tastes like dessert !"

I had it COLD for breakfast this morning, and it still tastes like dessert! I used mixed dried fruits (from Costco) that included: dried peaches/pears/apples/prunes/apricots. OMG, that was good! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Carol

Thanks for pulling this up again.

I eat baked oatmeal almost everyday and this will be a change. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

shihtzuX2 Guest

Thanks for posting this! I can't wait to try it this weekend when I have more a.m. cooking time. Plain oatmeal can be so bland -- this looks like a great way to get those oats in.

Looking forwardto trying this. Thanks!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Can this be right? Do I really get all this food for 3 points? It was FANTASTIC and my 2 year old daughter loved it too. I added a dash of nutmeg, and used maple syrup to sweeten it.

Replies

It's hard to believe, huh?!!....

But look at all the *calculations* Mary put it through...!! (Some of the versions are 4 points, I believe.)

Funny. I've got one in the oven right now. It is so delicious, filling, good-for-you...hot OR cold...I'm glad you and your DD enjoyed it~ Carol

Replies

Pulling this up for Pendan, in case she hasn't seen it!

Replies

This stuff is great--the whole family like ti. I made the one with apricots and apple. Will definitely make it again. Thanks!
    Ellen
    SW: 205.4/CW:200.4/GW: 140

Replies

I never liked oatmeal as a kid, but I'm going to print this off and try it after all the"good" things being said about it.

Thanks.

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

Help! I just baked this oatmeal recipe and thought it was suppose to be something you cut into bars....but it still looks like cooked oatmeal. Is this what it's suppose to be? Do you eat it with a spoon? Sorry, may have confused my recipes here..thanks. Gayle

Replies

Hi Abear!

There is another more "famous" baked oatmeal recipe posted somewhere...but this one, too, should stick together. I cut mine into wedges and lift it out with a wedge-shaped spatula.

I have noticed that sometimes I did need to cook it longer in order for the center to get completely cooked, with no liquid left.

Did you cover your dish and remove the cover during the last part of cooking? When I had too much liquid left, I just left the cover off and continued cooking until it had evaporated.

So, to answer your question, this should not look like "regular" oatmeal. It will hold together in a wedge or piece.

Hope this helps! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Carol

Replies

Thought I'd bump this up now that the weather is getting cooler. This stuff is the greatest! I have sold both my mother and sister (not WW) on it too. Thanks, Carol!
    Ellen

Can't wait to try this and pass it on to a dear friend who loves oatmeal in the morning. We both are new to WW and she was getting bored with her breakfasts. I like how you can change the variety and that it is firm. Thanks for the great recipe.
    Lori

Replies

Bump!!

Replies

TTP
    Ellen

Replies

Originally posted by WWCarol:
    I'm glad you made it and liked it, Aviatrix! Carol

Replies

just checking out

Replies

To the top for Amanda~

25. Post

I made this last night for this morning's breakfast and I loved it! I substituted 1/4 cup of dried cranberries for the dried fruit and it was delicious and very filling. I am passing this one along to several people! Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast