Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Free MasterCook Cookbooks To Download

This site is fantastic! The "Healthy Living" book has points figured, you'll see the points in the Notes section as you view each recipe. All the cookbooks are formatted for MasterCook and ready to import after you unzip them.

Get them here: Mad's Recipe Emporium

For those that don't have the MasterCook software, you can still view them even though there's some html coding showing. Download the files, unzip and extract into the directory of your choice, left click the file to highlight, hold your Shift key down while Right clicking, then select OpenWith. Browse to NotePad or WordPad. NotePad will likey say it's too large and offer to open in WordPad, just say Yes.

Also, there's a free Viewer at Mad's site. Works with MXP format.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Frisky; 08-10-2004 at 06:49 PM.

mrszotz Guest

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

I think Santa will have to bring me a bigger hard drive for my computer!!

What a great link, thanks!!

~Mary~
    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

I love this site!! THANKS!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

WOW :eek: Thanks for the GREAT link! My CD burner will be busy this weekend.

Wow! I'm with Lissa! My cd burner will be busy upgrading my mastercook files!

Thank you so very much! What a great site!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Glad ya'll like the site [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm even more glad to be able to help give back to all of you that have given so much to us. My thanks to each and every one of you. I don't post often but I'm here reading and saving recipes throughout the day.
    Last edited by Frisky; 08-10-2004 at 06:51 PM.

O.K. I have NO idea how to "zip" or "unzip" anything!! LOL...However, I did buy some zip disks and have bookmarked this site for when I figure it all out. Thanks...it looks like a really good site. I ordered Mastercook Light so will be receiving it soon...thanks again..Tricia [img]smile.gif[/img]
    If you ain't the lead dog the view never changes!!

Replies

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I was wishing for some new recipes...what a great site.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Replies

[img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] Thanks-now all I have to do is figure out how to use my mastercook program. Happy new year;
    Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

I've pulled up the "Got MasterCook - now what" thread to give you some ideas of where to start with your new software.

Replies

Hi Everyone,
    I just got the Mastercook Deluxe CD I ordered from freecdrom.com

It is AMAZING! Definitely the best $5.75 I ever spent.

It is version 4.06, which works on Mac (and PC) I am sure the newer versions have great extra features, but this one seems to have a tremendous number of recipes already in it (7 or 8 cookbooks)
    I have fooled around with it a bit, and started my own cookbook.

I LOVE it! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Sarah in Ontario<br />max 230/WW 186/now 172/goal 155 (5'10")<br />Joined WW Nov 5, 2001<br />10 lb ribbon on Nov 26 <p>"life is but a pebble sunk - deeds, the circle growing!"

Babe Ruthless Guest

Excellent! I just imported all 400 recipes into my version of Mastercook! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

*bump*

for those of you who haven't seen this incredible thread
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Replies

The Mad site is absolutely incredible...I have spent hours bringing the recipes into Mastercook on my Mac (Once you go Mac you never go back ). Beacoups appreciation for the additional recipes supplied by Frisky. Will eventually get all them into Mastercook so I can go through them. I actually use a program on my Mac called Computer Cuisine on the Mac which uses Filemaker to organize and sort. I like it because of the way it prints out the recipes...All fluff and no function. Mastercook is more utilitarian, and far better to go through nutritional components. I only have an older copy, and have purchased some instructions and an actual stand alone of Mastercook on Ebay. If you don't have it yet, that is a good place to look for it at a reasonable price.

Bill

368/332/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 36 lbs

10% Goal = 332 Achieved 8/28/2001
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Replies

Hi! I'm looking for some great links for my MasterCook page, and I was wondering (hoping) when you find a great site you like, could you post it? I'm looking for stuff myself, but I can't get to everything that's out there. [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Thank you!!!!!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Jeannette [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Hi Frisky and all the BCB, [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] I love Mad's Recipe Emporium!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] I have heard of the Mastercook software but never purchased it. Now I'm going to rethink that!! I'm upgrading my computer soon so I should have room for a new program. I love getting new recipes and I can't wait to send this link to my daughter in Australia - she loves to cook for her family.

Thank you! Thank you! and I am a member of this forum!! MEG4224 [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    It's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.

"Your stomach shouldn't be a waste basket"

http://www.picturetrail.com/meg56

182.6: starting weight(09/01)
    145: WW goal (8/30/02)
    140.4: personal goal
    162: present (12/27/04)

Great.
    Lile<br />Lifetime - "75" Model<br />One Proud "Okie"<br /><br />"Don't Tell God how big the Storm is, Tell the "storm" how "Big" your "GOD" is."<br /><br />"EMPTY STOMACH/EMPTY HEART"<br />(It's not what you're eating, but what is "Eating" you.)

bumping up
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Thanks for bumping this up Maureen. I just went to the free cd site and got me FINALLY the Mastercook CD. Canadians - IT'S AVAILABLE FOR US!! It cost me a grand total of $8.95 U.S. and I think this is definitely worth it.

Kim

bump up
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

bump
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Thanks for bumping this up guys! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

What a place!

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

For those that don't have MasterCook, there's a free viewer you can download on Mad's site. The Healthy Living cookbook has WW points in the comments or notes section. I'm not sure if they're with the 4 gram Fiber cap or the old way of figuring points so be aware of that.

For those just starting out, Pam E's User Guide "cookbook" is invaluable for using the software. You can get it here:

User Guide - (Sets itself up in your software as a "cookbook" complete with cover)

Replies

There are some awesome links for mastercook here. I am just starting to use my MC and it's cool.
    Jean

Boy after hearing so much about Master Cook, I have mow put this on my x-mas list. Perfect gift from one of the kids. I hope they(the kids) come through! LOL Have to tell them I've been good.

Lori

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast